PDA

View Full Version : Inspired by Transformers?

STL
25th March 2008, 10:19 PM
I was playing an AFL practice match today and had my back to the wall pretty much. My left ankle's suspect, my ring finger might have ligament damage, i really didn't intend to play. I just rocked up to support the boys. But the coach turned to me and asked if i'm okay to go. I shrugged and said if he want me to be, I'd be. So I went back to my car and grabbed my gear and got changed. In that entire time I kept questioning if I should, worried about playing against a physically larger side.

Then I thought about the TFTM movie and Prime's final stand after landing the shuttle and revved myself up. Just visualising thinking about it really gave me that spark.I went out onto the field and started laying down the law physically. I went back with the flight of the ball twice and got crunched at least 3 times in pack situations. I became a target for the opposition b/c I kept dealing it out and they weren't comfortable with scrawny little Asians throwing their weight around. I think they expected us just to let them walk over us. (Which they did several times through the centre corridor which really pissed me off)

And for those interested in why we were outmuscled, I've moved clubs this season to play with an entirely Asian team. It's a community project type thing and a lot of the boys this season are only playing for their 1st time. As you can imagine, the last thing a team of Asians is going to be is big. It's gonna be a tough year but reflecting on the huge mindset change, it's funny to think that that TF moment is so inspiring. I feel like a bona fide geek.

Of course, I'm not letting my team mates know about that.

It's not the first time I've used it to keep me going either. I used to use it heaps when was doing middle to long distance training and those last couple of hundred metres where you need to lift another gear.

Is anyone else inspired by TFs in anyway?

autobreadticon
25th March 2008, 10:28 PM
i was inspried by the words in the t/f movie, goes something like this żou got the power....."

Pulse
26th March 2008, 12:13 AM
I was playing an AFL practice match today

Wow, Melbourners actually play AFL?

It's a joke people. A joke...

Did you at least give one of them a piledriver?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyFKSqVsnKw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdyeRBkmUGA

GoktimusPrime
26th March 2008, 11:17 AM
Yeah, I started a thread about stuff like this here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=435&highlight=infiltrating) - Transformers inspiring/infiltrating everyday life. :)

Paulbot
26th March 2008, 11:37 AM
Hmm, there's a difference between taking inspiration from Transformers and encountering Transformers in your life.

If STL had discovered the team he was playing were called The Decepticons it would fit the latter.

Good thing for the opposition STL wasn't armed with a gun (or truck!)

dirge
26th March 2008, 06:40 PM
Perhaps you need Blitzwing keeping score, STL? (:

Bartrim
8th April 2008, 12:05 PM
I remember when I used to play indoor cricket, one of my team mates girlfriends would bring a stereo and play "entrance" music for us as we came out to bat (like in WWE). I used to use "The Touch" as one of four different songs I used to alternate between that would inspire me/fire me up.

For the record the other songs i used were
One of a Kind by Breaking Point (RVD's entrance music for us wrestling fans)
Alexander the Great by Bond (I like some classical music and this tune gave me a good vibe)
The Best by Joe Eposito from The Karate Kid (Yes it's incredibly cheesy but I love it:D)

TheHandsomeCrab
10th April 2008, 02:48 AM
When I get back to Melbourne, I'm turning up to STL's next footy match with a red and yellow boombox playing Stan Bush at full whack.

Soundwarp
10th April 2008, 05:04 AM
Yeah mate i do it too, if i'm really down before a bush trip i play the movie.

I remember it was getting close to the end of my tour in Afg and i was getting pretty nervous every time we stepped out, so i played a cartoon movie and it helped....

Lol true story!