PDA

View Full Version : MOTUC - Userguide

TheFallen
23rd June 2010, 09:27 AM
Now that Ozformers had a dedicated Mattel Section, with the MOTU/POP thread being the most popular, I thought I would start this thread.

This thread is basically to give some information on the property so it is not too daunting for people who are interested to get the information they need.

MOTU
MOTU = Masters of the Universe. The original basis on what everything else was built on. Includes POG = Powers of Grayskull, an unreleased continuation of MOTU

POP
POP = Princess of Power. The female version of MOTU and is what gave us She-Ra

NA
NA = New Adventures of He-Man. A different location and a different toyline. This was a change in the franchise much like Armada was for Transformers

200x
200x = Masters of the Universe 2002-2005. A relaunch of the original MOTU with a new design style and accompanying toyline

MOTUC
MOTUC = Masters of the Universe Classics. An adult collector toyline (available online only) that encompasses all of the above properties under one umbrella

Below will be a constantly updated list of what figures have been/are being released in the MOTUC line and what franchise they were orginally from

MOTU
He-Man
Beastman
Skeletor
Stratos
Faker
Mer-Man
Zodak
Hordak
Man-At-Arms
He-Ro (first ever figure, originally an unreleased figure from POG)
Tri-Klops
Webstor
Teela
Scareglow
King Randor
The Goddess (first ever figure, originally seen in the mini comics that came with MOTU figures)
Battle Armour He-Man
Trap Jaw
Battle Cat
Moss Man
Evil Lyn
Wun-Dar (first ever figure only available in subscription. Based on a special promotion figure for Wonder Bread)
Tytus (Originally an unreleased (except for europe) figure for POG)
Orko
Prince Adam
Whiplash
Gygor (first ever figure. Originally an unreleased prototype)
Grizzlor

POP
Adora (The alter ego of She-Ra)
She-Ra

NA
Optikk

200x
King Grayskull
Zodak
Keldor
Chief Carnivus

MISC.
Mo-Larr (first ever figure based on sketch by TV show Robot Chicken)

General Information

The current MOTUC figures are sold on mattycollector.com (http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/DisplayHomeOffersPage)

Figures go on sale on the 15th of every month (16th for Australia) with certain exceptions, such as weekends, holidays, etc.

The US release time is 12pm which usually works out to be around 1am-4am Australian time depending on timezone and Daylight Savings

The official release timeclock (http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5) can be used to help with finding the correct time for your location (timeclock is the exact time figures go on sale in the US, 12pm)

Club Eternia Subscription 2011
A subscription was offered for 2009 and 2010 that alleviated the hassle of missing out of figures that sell out quickly (and meant you didn't have to be online on sale day). The 2011 subscription will offer the following;

12 figures - Monthly
4 A-List variant figures - Quarterly (can be Battle Armour Skeletor, Snake Armour He-man, etc.)
4 army builder packs or oversized beasts (Panthor, Megator, etc.)
An Exclusive Subscription only figure

The subscription does not include SDCC exclusives, Reissues, Weapons Paks and Stands

Shipping costs per figure. Prices are in $USD

No. - UPS - Slow Post
1 - $50.55 - $9.95
2 - $50.55 - $9.95
3 - $50.55 - $15.55
4 - $50.55 - $22.10
5 - $50.55 - $28.44
6 - $50.55 - $34.90
7 - $71.05 - $41.40
8 - $76.75 - $48.15
9 - $87.50 - $54.65
10 - $87.75 - $61.10

I hope this resource is of some help. Please feel free to add input and make corrections

Sky Shadow
23rd June 2010, 01:43 PM
I hope this resource is of some help

That's useful, Raider. Gygor was actually a prototype for the early vintage line, not Powers Of Greyskull. And it's not the first Adora toy, just the first to look like her Filmation character. The first Adora (http://www.twistedtoys.co.uk/ebay/trace/she-ra/moc/shera1/shera1_moc1.JPG) toy was also the original She-Ra - she's actually packaged with her mask in 'Adora' mode - her action feature is that you have fiddle with her clothes and turn her mask upside down to make her She-Ra. She was a Transformer. :p

Robzy
23rd June 2010, 07:14 PM
Now that Ozformers had a dedicated Mattel Section, with the MOTU/POP thread being the most popular, I thought I would start this thread.
(snip)
I hope this resource is of some help
Good thinking!

And it's not the first Adora toy, just the first to look like her Filmation character. The first Adora (http://www.twistedtoys.co.uk/ebay/trace/she-ra/moc/shera1/shera1_moc1.JPG) toy was also the original She-Ra - she's actually packaged with her mask in 'Adora' mode - her action feature is that you have fiddle with her clothes and turn her mask upside down to make her She-Ra. She was a Transformer. :p
Well, technically Raider is still right... it's the first toy we've ever got that is specifically labelled "Adora". But, we're splitting hairs I guess :p

Deonasis
23rd June 2010, 09:18 PM
This is a very handy thread, thanks!

TheFallen
23rd June 2010, 11:19 PM
That's useful, Raider. Gygor was actually a prototype for the early vintage line, not Powers Of Greyskull. And it's not the first Adora toy, just the first to look like her Filmation character. The first Adora (http://www.twistedtoys.co.uk/ebay/trace/she-ra/moc/shera1/shera1_moc1.JPG) toy was also the original She-Ra - she's actually packaged with her mask in 'Adora' mode - her action feature is that you have fiddle with her clothes and turn her mask upside down to make her She-Ra. She was a Transformer. :p

Thanks for the input. I can change the Adora description if everyone thinks it is worthwhile? (I will make sure I mention it in my review :) )

All input and corrections are welcomed and appreciated

I have updated it with some more general information about ordering, etc. If there is anything more anyone can think to add then please let me know

liegeprime
24th June 2010, 01:14 AM
Ah good to know, Ive been having problems locating the 200x in ebay, as when I put in MOTU it always givers me a list more of the oldoldold figures or the classics instead... met hinks I shall put 200x series to see if I get the specific figs in the list I wanted.:D

Sky Shadow
24th June 2010, 07:46 AM
Thanks for the input. I can change the Adora description if everyone thinks it is worthwhile? (I will make sure I mention it in my review :) )

The reason I think it's important is that it says on numerous points on the original She-Ra/Adora's packaging that the toy is Princess Adora and turns into She-Ra. It's also the exact likeness of Adora in the minicomics. To say that there's never been an Adora toy before this one (as has been often claimed of the MOTUC version) is extremely cartoon-centric - it's like saying "Rumble is blue" - it completely disregards the toys and the comics. :)

TheFallen
24th June 2010, 09:54 AM
The reason I think it's important is that it says on numerous points on the original She-Ra/Adora's packaging that the toy is Princess Adora and turns into She-Ra. It's also the exact likeness of Adora in the minicomics. To say that there's never been an Adora toy before this one (as has been often claimed of the MOTUC version) is extremely cartoon-centric - it's like saying "Rumble is blue" - it completely disregards the toys and the comics. :)

That is a fair enough argument. I have changed the description

Sky Shadow
24th June 2010, 12:26 PM
That is a fair enough argument. I have changed the description

Cool. :)

liegeprime
24th June 2010, 12:55 PM
I saw the toy review for Trap Jaw.. awesome back story... do all the minions come with back stories like that? Im only familiar with Two Bads/Stinkor's from the 200x series episode... Im actually thinking of buying the DVD collection for the 200x seires... anyone know if they finished the series properly or was it left hanging? Coz they never did finish airing it back in Phils which is frustrating coz I really liked the art and the stories in the series...with all those backs stories and character development - Evil-Lyn's in particular was very interesting.

TheFallen
26th June 2010, 04:12 PM
I have updated the first post with more information. To make it easier to read I will update new information in red

I saw the toy review for Trap Jaw.. awesome back story... do all the minions come with back stories like that? Im only familiar with Two Bads/Stinkor's from the 200x series episode... Im actually thinking of buying the DVD collection for the 200x seires... anyone know if they finished the series properly or was it left hanging? Coz they never did finish airing it back in Phils which is frustrating coz I really liked the art and the stories in the series...with all those backs stories and character development - Evil-Lyn's in particular was very interesting.

The 200x series was never completed. It was cancelled during season 2 which is unfortunate because season 3 was going to make some very serious changes.

As for the back stories, all of the new released MOTUC figures have a small bio for the character on the back of the package which is part of a much bigger story and should fit all franchises together. I will be alluding to the information in the bios during my figure reviews

Robzy
26th June 2010, 09:05 PM
Season 3 would have been great!

I have very mixed feelings on the 200X cartoon... if they had returned He-Man to his "roots" (ie, the comics and original toy bios) and got rid of Adam (:rolleyes:) it could have been so much better imo. The animation was superb, and the character style updates were brilliant. Skeletor, funnily enough, was my least favourite... probably because I think they were trying way too hard to do an homage to the original, unlike many of the other main characters (except Orko). I would have preferred a Skeletor more like the 80s film version (probably the only think that's 'better' to come out of that film) - dark, sinister, deep voice, menacing... and he actually gets things done, as opposed to bumbling around. Even 200X was a bit of a comic relief character at times (and I didn't like his white face compared to the yellow version the toy had). Hordak and King Hssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss were definitely more sinister.

Yep - Season 3 (with Hordak and crew) would have been amazing!! :(

TheFallen
15th July 2010, 09:50 AM
From mattycollector;

MOTU Fans,

Here it is... your official Club Eternia announcement! Fans demanded it and this year Club EterniaTM is “all in!” That means along with the club-exclusive figure and new bonus map poster, your subscription purchase guarantees you 12 MOTUC figures, 4 variant figures, and 4 beast figures or multi-packs.

If you have questions, please post them in a new thread so we don't miss them.

How Club Eternia™ Works

•Purchase a membership to Club Eternia™ for $20 and you’re guaranteed to receive all of the monthly Masters of the Universe® Classics figures released during the year. You’ll also receive a club-exclusive figure and an all-new bonus map poster (to be announced July 23rd).

•Starting in January of the following year, you are automatically shipped the Club Eternia™ Monthly Figure every month for a total of twelve months (January through December). For 2011, you will also be shipped four beast figures or multi-packs and four character variant figures at various intervals throughout the year. You are billed as figures ship. You’ll receive:

--12 basic monthly figures ($20 each)
--Character variant figures ($20 each)
--Beasts/multi-packs (3 at $30 each, 1 at $40)

•Figures begin processing (meaning they are billed and shipped) approximately two (2) business days prior to the official on-sale date. Along with guaranteed figures and the club-exclusives, this is one of our members’ favorite benefits because they usually start getting their figures sooner than non-members!

•Exact figures are announced approximately two to three months from each on-sale date. The January figure, the club-exclusive figure, and the special bonus map poster will be revealed on July 23rd at the MattyCollector.com Friday fan panel at San Diego Comic-Con, then here on MattyCollector.com.

•The special club-exclusive figure and bonus map poster are shipped sometime during the first quarter of the year. The figure and bonus map poster are included in the cost of the membership ($20), however applicable shipping and taxes/fees will be charged at the time of shipment.

•Special convention items, reissues, weapons paks, stands, or other accessories, are not included.

•All figures EXCEPT the club-exclusive figure will also be available at MattyCollector.com around the 15th of each month without the membership. You will have the option to buy additional figures, but availability isn’t guaranteed and the purchase limit is ten (10) per person.

•The only way to purchase the club-exclusive figure and bonus map poster through Mattel is to buy a membership to Club Eternia™! These items will not be sold separately on MattyCollector.com.

About Memberships

•Memberships are available for purchase from 7/21 at 4 p.m. PT through 8/4 at 4 p.m. PT here on MattyCollector.com. They can also be purchased at the Mattel booth located at San Diego Comic-Con during the convention.

•Once the enrollment period has ended, memberships cannot be purchased until the following year.

•Memberships are $20 each, plus the cost of the figures, shipping, and applicable taxes/fees.

•Your total commitment per membership is $470 (16 figures at $20 each = $320, 3 beasts/multi-packs at $30 each = $90, 1 beast @ $40, and the $20 membership fee), plus shipping costs and applicable fees/taxes.

•You may purchase as many memberships as you want during the on-sale period. There are no limits.

•Once purchased, memberships may not be cancelled.

•When you purchase a membership, your credit card will be pre-authorized for the cost of the membership plus the first month’s figure. Your credit card will then be automatically charged each month approximately two (2) business days prior to the official on-sale date of each figure. For more information about pre-authorizations, please visit the shop FAQs http://bit.ly/c2MP9t.

•Applicable taxes and fees apply and are billed as figures are processed. Please visit the shop FAQs for more information about domestic and international taxes and fees http://bit.ly/c2MP9t.

•Shipping costs apply and will vary depending on the destination, weight of the package, and the shipping method chosen. These costs are billed as figures are processed.

•If you purchase more than one membership at the same time, all figures purchased in a single transaction are shipped together to the “ship to” address given at the time of purchase.

•Should your card expire during the membership period, you’ll be able to update any credit card information. You can also change your billing and/or shipping address.

•Other figures purchased outside the membership (JLU, additional MOTU, etc.) are charged and shipped separately.

Remember, Club Eternia™ subscriptions are only available for a short time each year. The 2011 membership subscription purchase period ends on August 4th at 4 p.m. PT, so don't miss out!