PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Place to Rent

JuzMel
26th March 2008, 09:24 AM
Hi guys, my partner finally got a job in city, Carlton, so we're looking at a 2-bedroom house to rent in this areas: Caulfield, Carnegie, Oakleigh, Huntingdale, Glen Huntly, Clayton. $180 to $240(max) per week. There's so limited choices on the property websites, does anyone know anywhere else we can find a place to stay? We have a well-trained dog, but pets might still be an issue to some landlords, any help would be good. Ta

kup
26th March 2008, 10:53 AM
I am in the same boat as I am also looking for a place to rent in Sydney.

Wow! I wish I could find a 2 br unit between $180-$240! The average unit at that price in Sydney goes for upwards of $300 and if you do find something at a lower price it usually has some serious flaw like bad building/neighbourhood or its runned down with cracks on the walls and stuff.

STL
26th March 2008, 11:07 AM
I dunno, Mel. At the price range you are in the right area. It's just being patient to find a place. (and I know that's difficult) They do come up but they also go very quickly and you can't afford to be picky (or wait for approval for the pet). Have you thought about trying northern suburbs like Epping/Thomastown or out east like Vermont/Narre Warren/

dirge
26th March 2008, 06:42 PM
I've editted the topic (taken out the Melbourne bit), so that Sydneysiders will look in and see kup's add-on. Also opens the door for other similar posts.

Hope you don't mind, Mel? (:

JuzMel
27th March 2008, 12:06 PM
Yeah no worries dirge.

STL: Yeah I know what you mean, but we prefer the Clayton area, and there ARE places there about $180 per week, only the "highclass" BF wants caulfield which is about $300 per week. Have to keep looking but yeah doggie stays with us no matter what. He's like our baby. :P