PDA

View Full Version : TakaraTomy Announces New Masterpiece!!!

jaydisc
1st July 2010, 06:48 PM
http://www.tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/1589/

Big disappointment for me.

loophole
1st July 2010, 06:52 PM
What The F?!!! wheres my G1 Masterpiece

isnt the leader Starscream meant to be the high level detailed figure

your right Jay big dissapointment :(

gdmetro
1st July 2010, 07:00 PM
Oh dear...

i can sense some g1 purists being 'rattled' by this..

Movie line/ styles must be quite popular in order for them to do a mp.

kurdt_the_goat
1st July 2010, 07:01 PM
Well, that is certainly out of nowhere! I'd be excited for a new line of MP figures (provided the G1 versions continue) ... but looking closer, is it just a premium Leader Starscream repaint?

ITZTRU
1st July 2010, 07:07 PM
WHAT THE **** IS THIS?!?!?!?! Man...I can't even begin to explain just how disappointed I am...there had better be another G1 masterpiece planned for release this year...

oh man...what a load of...

1AZRAEL1
1st July 2010, 07:08 PM
Ah man, I can definitely say I am dissapointed.

reillyd
1st July 2010, 07:09 PM
Well, that is certainly out of nowhere! I'd be excited for a new line of MP figures (provided the G1 versions continue) ... but looking closer, is it just a premium Leader Starscream repaint?

I would think not. That left arm of his looks far more detailed, and he appears to be all claws no machine guns.

I'm a starscream completist, I'll hve to buy him but gee, the thought of future Masterpieces being WASTED on movie figures is disappointing. We have ENOUGH giant movie Primes and Bumblebees

MV75
1st July 2010, 07:13 PM
What the bas7ard is this cr4p? Looks like a joke being played.

I wasn't even interested in leader starscream. Big pass. I already got my "movie mp starscream". To me it was the hasbro issue one I bought for $50 at toyworld.

kurdt_the_goat
1st July 2010, 07:23 PM
I would think not. That left arm of his looks far more detailed, and he appears to be all claws no machine guns.

Sure about that? Compare...I think they've just done a real good job painting the arm details.

http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/files/131/r_leader-starscream-048.jpg

http://www.tfsource.com/public_img/reduced-galery_image_1589_4580.jpg

Stompy
1st July 2010, 07:26 PM
What the heck? This IS just the Leader Starscream. I know, I have it. Kurdt is right. It looks like just a premium repaint.

Not worthy of the Masterpiece name. Especially with its simple conversion and bloated alt mode. Embarassing when next to one of the old MP seekers.

pizdets79
1st July 2010, 07:26 PM
WTF??????????? Why couldn't they stick to G1??? How about more dinobots or the insecticons! :mad::(:confused:

MV75
1st July 2010, 07:31 PM
What the heck? This IS just the Leader Starscream. I know, I have it. Kurdt is right. It looks like just a premium repaint.

Not worthy of the Masterpiece name. Especially with its simple conversion and bloated alt mode. Embarassing when next to one of the old MP seekers.

Didn't stop mp grimlock. :D

WTF??????????? Why couldn't they stick to G1??? How about more dinobots or the insecticons! :mad::(:confused:

Why not something effing cool like shockwave?

ITZTRU
1st July 2010, 07:46 PM
Effing SHOCKWAVE would have been un-EFFING-real.

But instead...

Yay. Leader class "masterpiece" starscream.

Sky Shadow
1st July 2010, 07:49 PM
July Fools joke?

Either way, it's hilarious.

The_Damned
1st July 2010, 07:51 PM
well at least it is something i can finally pass on and give my wallet a rest

pizdets79
1st July 2010, 07:59 PM
I'm with you on that one bro! That's one MP that I wont be getting.

pizdets79
1st July 2010, 08:00 PM
Didn't stop mp grimlock. :D

Why not something effing cool like shockwave?
Shockwave........How MAD would that be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MV75
well at least it is something i can finally pass on and give my wallet a rest

No you can't. You need to buy me a couple of seacon sets. Your wallet will burn.

kaiden
Ugly bayformers is still ugly in MP glad i don't collect the movie TFs

5FDP
1st July 2010, 08:14 PM
Today's July 1st yeah... not April 1st?

FFN
1st July 2010, 08:36 PM
I figure TakaraTomy decided that since they didn't have Hasbro's yellow box/HFTD line, they'd pretty up Leader Starscream ala Buster Optimus Prime and stick him into the Masterpiece line.

Not worthy of the Masterpiece name. Especially with its simple conversion and bloated alt mode. Embarassing when next to one of the old MP seekers. Are you sure about your assertions? ;)

ROTF Leader Optimus Prime is widely considered to practically be Masterpiece level engineering at a mass market price point (and deco). Leader Starscream is reputedly very, very good in robot mode, and very accurate considering these movie designs don't really transform in the way toy designs are intended to. As for his limitations in vehicle mode...

Have a look at MP Convoy's vehicle mode. That's a torso and legs on wheels.

Hereticpoo
1st July 2010, 08:54 PM
Ewwwwww yucky. :eek:

SharkyMcShark
1st July 2010, 09:00 PM
1. laughing at the fanboy rage. HOW DARE they market anything but G1.

2. It's a repaint of leader Starscream. I doubt it will impact on the release schedule of any new mold masterpiece figures - if indeed they are coming.

blackie
1st July 2010, 09:24 PM
this is the first time i will pas on a toy packaged with a techspec :P

ITZTRU
1st July 2010, 09:33 PM

2. It's a repaint of leader Starscream. I doubt it will impact on the release schedule of any new mold masterpiece figures - if indeed they are coming.

Don't get me wrong. I "AM" a G1 fan and really nothing but. However I'm not one to look down on anything that's not G1. I don't know a whole lot about Primus' character, yet I like the way the repaint looks and I'm definitely going to pre-order the toy (even if just to compliment the Unicron repaint that I have ordered also...) but still...i actually do like the way it looks.

But c'mon...Masterpiece Move Starscream? Really? And I'm a Starscream fan, no less...

Like you said...I'm confident also that it wont have an impact on the release schedule of a new mold masterpiece. But really, what a waste of a "masterpiece" spot. If it had to be movie line...how about a Supreme Devy with individual robot modes? AT LEAST...?!?! I DEFINITELY would have bought that. And I don't even have a single movie line figure.

Golden Phoenix
1st July 2010, 09:39 PM
TRUK NOT MUNKY!!!1!!!!1!!1!

Who cares? No one forces you to buy them, so it has no effect on you.
They never said Masterpiece was going to be just G1, even then it isn't a main Masterpiece figure. It goes with Ghost Starscream, Black and Dead Prime.

Golden Phoenix
1st July 2010, 09:44 PM
Don't get me wrong. I "AM" a G1 fan and really nothing but. However I'm not one to look down on anything that's not G1. I don't know a whole lot about Primus' character, yet I like the way the repaint looks and I'm definitely going to pre-order the toy (even if just to compliment the Unicron repaint that I have ordered also...) but still...i actually do like the way it looks.

But c'mon...Masterpiece Move Starscream? Really? And I'm a Starscream fan, no less...

Like you said...I'm confident also that it wont have an impact on the release schedule of a new mold masterpiece. But really, what a waste of a "masterpiece" spot. If it had to be movie line...how about a Supreme Devy with individual robot modes? AT LEAST...?!?! I DEFINITELY would have bought that. And I don't even have a single movie line figure.

There isn't really a limit on how many they can do, and chances are there wouldn't be this figure if hasbro didn't do it either. They probably thought it was a good figure and since they don't have Hfd they slotted it in there. Not only that but hey, there was already a mould. Means they can save some money

Dkaris
1st July 2010, 09:44 PM
and let the Gee WUN11111 fanboi's bawww, quick someone get some kleenex in here stat!!

GoktimusPrime
1st July 2010, 10:03 PM
I reckon it's a new mould rather than a repaint of MP Starscream (if I'm wrong then I share others' sentiments that it is a slack/lazy move). But if it is a new MP style mould, then at first it would look fairly similar to Leader Starscream because well... it's an MP based on a toy made from contemporary toy engineering.

I guess it doesn't have the same "Masterpiece" feel because we're looking at a toy that's 'upgrading' a toy that's really NOT old. G1 MPs feel like Masterpieces because they're highly detailed and complex reimaginings of 25 year old toys (even older considering their Diaclone/Microman origins).

I see things like Masterpieces and Classics like remakes -- similar to a remake of an old movie. The idea or novelty is to take a well loved toy from yesteryear, then reimagine it with updated contemporary toy engineering. I have nothing against the idea of doing non-G1 MPs, but the thing with doing something as recent as a movie toy is you're reimagining a toy that's was made with still-current engineering. It'd be like if someone decided to do a remake of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix using state-of-the-art special effects. Wouldn't really be substantially better than the current movie now.

So I imagine that if MP Moofie Starscream is a new mould, you can see that it's not substantially different (at least visually) than the Leader Class figure on shelves now. The transformation may be more complex and it may have all kinds of neat features like MP G1 Starscream does (e.g. airbrakes, mobile vector thrusters, nosecone radar etc. -- it'd be cool if it came with a small figurine of the Decepticon Moustache Guy as an F22 pilot that you could put into the cockpit (like Dr. Arkeville) ;)), but these rather superficial differences probably wouldn't matter to most collectors here.

Having said that, the Japanese collector market is one that likes "Masterpiece" and "Master Grade" stuff. So while I agree it wouldn't appeal to the Western market I can see its appeal to the Japanese market, which is TakaraTOMY's market.

Worse case scenario this toy shelf warms in Japan and TakaraTOMY learns not to do it again?

VERT
1st July 2010, 10:07 PM
What a joke its just leader Starscream! Yay Takara just saved me money.

5FDP
1st July 2010, 10:09 PM
G1 MPs feel like Masterpieces because they're highly detailed and complex reimaginings of 25 year old toys (even older considering their Diaclone/Microman origins).

With that comment, you hit the nail right on the head.

loophole
1st July 2010, 10:27 PM
i dont think its a "geewun" fan outrage its more to the point that its not new and exciting, now if they were to do a bw masterpiece optimus primal or megatron for example i could get into that

Stompy
1st July 2010, 10:36 PM
Are you sure about your assertions? ;)

ROTF Leader Optimus Prime is widely considered to practically be Masterpiece level engineering at a mass market price point (and deco). Leader Starscream is reputedly very, very good in robot mode, and very accurate considering these movie designs don't really transform in the way toy designs are intended to. As for his limitations in vehicle mode...

Have a look at MP Convoy's vehicle mode. That's a torso and legs on wheels.

Yes. I find Leader Starscreams conversion simple especially when compared to Leader RotF Prime. I did a mini review of Leader Starscream and I do adore the robot mode a lot. The jet mode is just as embarassing as Jetfire albeit a little cleaner tucked in.

My comparison was with Leader Starscream and Masterpiece Starscream. My problem with Leader Starscream is his disproportionate underbelly and slightly wider and shorter nosecone. MP Prime's alt mode has its limitations but it still looks like a truck and proportionally looks "right".

But that's just my opinion.

lcz128
1st July 2010, 10:42 PM
uhm - same toy guys - too many similarities because of the mould, NOT the cg design for it to be different toys.

This is great though - one less thing for me to buy :D

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/lcz128_photos/Transformers/sametoy.png

autobreadticon
2nd July 2010, 12:17 AM
man so sick of seeing the frekin movie toy designs (just my humble opinion), still hoping for MP Perceptor and Blaster :D, but i do love Starscream with a shiny paint redo :D

k.wong23
2nd July 2010, 12:53 AM
Fail. x 10 000.

Autocon
2nd July 2010, 02:10 AM
so they just removed the tattoos?:p i might buy it if cheap

MV75
2nd July 2010, 07:10 AM

Interesting point. The box picture is all tatt-ed up. TBH I think it's just a straight re-box of the leader figure.

Ode to a Grasshopper
2nd July 2010, 11:02 AM
Guess it makes sense for a Japanese market, assuming they weren't going to get it anyway. It's a good move if so.
Does anyone know what was happening with Japanese TFs at the moment, i.e. has Animated taken everything over or are they getting non-Animated stuff too?

If it's any consolation, MP Rodimus has been confirmed. (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/next-new-transformers-masterpiece-rodimus/19090/)

kurdt_the_goat
2nd July 2010, 11:04 AM
Interesting point. The box picture is all tatt-ed up. TBH I think it's just a straight re-box of the leader figure.

The box has some red text that says something along the lines of 'not final'.

Magnus
2nd July 2010, 04:17 PM
It's been speculated that since Japan apparently isn't getting the HFTD line, this is 'simply' the Japanese release of this mould, and that it's being released as a sub-line of the Masterpiece line (it carries the number MP-M01 as opposed to MP-9).

Having said that, I'll be buying the Hasbro release.

kurdt_the_goat
2nd July 2010, 04:50 PM
Japans is getting the same HFTD as toys we're getting - except they're starting with a new numbering system - AA# (Autobot Alliance). Having said that, you're right in that Leader Starscream hasn't been announced as an "AA" release over there.

optimus1
2nd July 2010, 05:44 PM
I'll gladly grab Leader Starscream, but at the much cheaper (if you can call it that) local price

I can see why he is classified as an MP, if so why wasn't Buster Prime packaged that way as well :confused:

pizdets79
2nd July 2010, 05:53 PM
I'll gladly grab Leader Starscream, but at the much cheaper (if you can call it that) local price

I can see why he is classified as an MP, if so why wasn't Buster Prime packaged that way as well :confused:
Just picked up the leader class Starscream for $88 at Kmart. I got all the other MP's but I wont be handing my money over for this one!

5FDP
2nd July 2010, 07:57 PM

They've been consulting with dirge (http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m205/de3dz/IMG_2346.jpg) :D

kaiden
3rd July 2010, 02:19 AM
Today's July 1st yeah... not April 1st?

unfortunately yes. it would have been a good april fools joke though.

the worst joke is that there might be a MP-M02 and so on in the future >_<

FFN
4th July 2010, 03:33 PM
Has this been pointed out yet?

At BotCon 2010, it was revealed that Hironori Kobayashi (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Hironori_Kobayashi), designer of the Car Robots/RID Sideburn toy, the Binaltech toys, the Alternity toys and the Masterpiece toys, designed Leader Starscream.

So it seems he does have Masterpiece pedigree in him.

the worst joke is that there might be a MP-M02 and so on in the future >_< Despite all the complaining, if Takara rocked up and said they're gonna do a Leader/MP class Blackout and the only way is to put it into the Masterpiece line, we would all get on our knees and thank them.

Because Blackout is just that awesome .

snazzbot 101
4th July 2010, 04:54 PM
Perhaps if Starscream was first announced as a Movie Masterpiece by Takara then Hasbro chimed in that he'll be eventually released as a Leader Class, the fan reception may have been better. He definitely seems to be a top-notch mold worthy of the Masterpiece name.

(Though perhaps not of what Masterpiece should mean)

Golden Phoenix
4th July 2010, 06:41 PM
I like where it could go actually. This opens up the doors for other series to have masterpiece figures.
I'd love a Masterpiece Armada Optimus Prime, or a Masterpiece Beast Wars Megatron

Perhaps if Starscream was first announced as a Movie Masterpiece by Takara then Hasbro chimed in that he'll be eventually released as a Leader Class, the fan reception may have been better. He definitely seems to be a top-notch mold worthy of the Masterpiece name.

(Though perhaps not of what Masterpiece should mean)

Perhaps this is how it actually happened. Takara made it intending to be a MP figure and Hasbro went "oh hello Leader Class"
We don't know

Zippo
4th July 2010, 07:11 PM
Confused on this. I collect MP toys sealed as well as opened.
I collect Movie toys that I like for display only. This is a mix of box and the concept box hart tells me that it should go into my MP collection.

FFN
4th July 2010, 07:12 PM
I doubt it. The toy has kid-friendly gimmicks seen in other mainline toys that aren't seen in Kobayashi's collector stuff.

Golden Phoenix
4th July 2010, 08:45 PM
I doubt it. The toy has kid-friendly gimmicks seen in other mainline toys that aren't seen in Kobayashi's collector stuff.

MP Prime had the moving mouth thing and the light in his chest for the matrix. Megs had the light in his fusion cannon. The seeker mould has the face switch and Grimlock has a light up sword and gun, a set of accessories, and mechanics in him that cause his tail to move when you move his head in alt mode.

Most of them have kiddy gimmicks

FFN
5th July 2010, 01:27 PM
Yeah, but Starscream's gimmicks are exactly the same as other ROTF stuff, especially for his leader class. He has the Mech Alive lights/talking lever. He has a spring-loaded missile launcher.

Most of the ones you mentioned for the real MPs are character-based features for collectors. They're not particularly "kid exciting".

GoktimusPrime
5th July 2010, 07:27 PM
MP Prime had the moving mouth thing and the light in his chest for the matrix. Megs had the light in his fusion cannon. The seeker mould has the face switch and Grimlock has a light up sword and gun, a set of accessories, and mechanics in him that cause his tail to move when you move his head in alt mode.

Most of them have kiddy gimmicks
FFN is right, those gimmicks are for collectors, not kids. If you look at the legal blurb section of your Masterpiece boxes you'll find the words: 対象年齢15才以上 which means "For Ages 15 And Up"

Masterpieces, alongside reissues, Alternity, KISS Play, Binaltech (Asterisk), Music Label, Device Label, Sport Label etc. are all part of Takara(TOMY)'s High End Collectible series; which are all intended for mature collectors. That's why TakaraTOMY are able to get away with not having to modify G1 reissues for child safety standards or include sexualised content into KISS Play fiction -- they're not meant for kids.

kurdt_the_goat
5th July 2010, 07:35 PM
I think the fact that Buster Prime wasn't released as the first Movie Masterpiece suggests that they heard the Buster Prime feedback; that many people considered it Masterpiece level, and based on that, they're simply testing how Starscream will sell with different marketing/box.

It's the end of the line pretty much, they've got nothing to lose, and if it pans out we may see dedicated Movie Masterpieces down the track.

Lord_Zed
5th July 2010, 09:05 PM
I think the fact that Buster Prime wasn't released as the first Movie Masterpiece suggests that they heard the Buster Prime feedback; that many people considered it Masterpiece level, and based on that, they're simply testing how Starscream will sell with different marketing/box.

It's the end of the line pretty much, they've got nothing to lose, and if it pans out we may see dedicated Movie Masterpieces down the track.

What you said is exactly what I thought when I saw the box image, if not for his lack of metal parts I consider Buster Prime to be MP level for detail and Paintjob, it just goes to show how good some of these molds can actually be with a good paint job.

If the paint job is as good as Buster Prime I may have to consider this guy.

kurdt_the_goat
5th July 2010, 09:37 PM
Cybergundam blog (http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/iam-cybergundam/article?mid=51181) has a picture showing a small shot of the jet mode, and also seem to confirm the Japanese price as 8800Y (Buster Prime was 8190Y)

http://i48.tinypic.com/v4yt6s.jpg

SharkyMcShark
5th July 2010, 09:50 PM
It was designed by the same guy that's designed Masterpiece figures too.

tinyJazz
5th July 2010, 11:59 PM
It was designed by the same guy that's designed Masterpiece figures too.
If FFN hadn't pointed this out earlier in the thread (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=178132&postcount=47), I wouldn't have noticed. :cool:

SharkyMcShark
6th July 2010, 01:28 AM
If FFN hadn't pointed this out earlier in the thread (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=178132&postcount=47), I wouldn't have noticed. :cool:

What can I say, I'm on the ball :o

Adzma
6th July 2010, 10:48 AM
:( Sad face. I dislike the Movie figures enough already, but this...? If it has no impact on the main MP series I couldn't give a damn, but if this is the only one we're going to see this year... fanboy rage... rising!

I mean, until Rodimus is actually confirmed, I'm remaining skeptical.

Jetfire
7th July 2010, 10:49 AM
It does look better than the Hasbro Leader but I'll pass either way.

I was checking one out yesterday and I just don't like that much boring grey on a figure. Same with Leader Megatron, I actually bought one then sold it and put the money towards Shadow Command Megatron which I think has more more detail and contrast.

Masterplastic!

JuzMel
7th July 2010, 12:16 PM
Gawd, do we really need a Movie Masterpiece figure?

Bring on the G1's! So many of the G1 figures still missing the conversion to Masterpiece and they're bringing on a Movie one?

What a disappointment alright - definitely not getting it. :rolleyes:

Magnus
7th July 2010, 04:23 PM
As has been said before, with its new paint job, Buster Prime has been considered a masterpiece, and as FFN has pointed out, Starscream's designer worked on Masterpieces, giving it 'pedigree' of sorts, so why the hate when a mould that is said to be just as good as RotF Optimus gets the Masterpiece treatment with a new paint job and packaging? (I have yet to acquire this mould for myself, but from what I've seen and read, it is very impressive and worthy of being called a toy engineering masterpiece.)

The 'main' Masterpiece line's numbering system is still 'intact' - this is not MP-9.

It would be interesting if this subline gives us Masterpiece/Leader-class Blackout, or perhaps a new Megatron that is accurate to the final CGI model, as the Megatron currently out is based on early Josh Nizzi (http://joshnizzi.com/megfront.html) concept art. (http://joshnizzi.com/proxy.html)

canofwhoopass_87
7th July 2010, 09:14 PM
Aww man. The thread title had so much potential! Damn MP movie starscream really sucks. Can definitely see this one on clearance for $50 in a few months time.

Bring on the next G1 MP!

SamLoi888
8th July 2010, 10:11 AM
MP Mould is an F-15 when Movie Starscream is an F-22.

Lord_Zed
8th July 2010, 03:18 PM
Such bitching, particularly when you consider that pretty much everything bar Animated Rodimus that Takara Tomy have announced in the past few months has been a repaint of some sort.

This pretty much fits the trend I'd say.

heroic_decepticon
10th July 2010, 02:53 AM
This is a load of horse shit.

bah.

meh.

underwhelming.

saw this news over at TFW a week or so ago and thought it was some sick joke. Apparently its real enough since TF Source is stocking it.

DarkHyren
10th July 2010, 09:27 PM
Meh, just looks like another movie toy.
I dont see the point if it's nearly the same as the movie leader as others have said.
I'll pass in any case.

SharkyMcShark
10th July 2010, 09:51 PM
Ah excellent, the fanboy rage bubbles on.

KalEl
11th July 2010, 11:47 AM
i recently got this figure, ignoring hand articulation (lack of) it is masterpiece quality imo.

kurdt_the_goat
15th July 2010, 03:41 PM
And another pic courtesy Amiblo

http://i27.tinypic.com/wqwqbq.jpg

Maybe people can stop bitching now that his box appears to be not quite so Masterpiece inspired :rolleyes:

MV75
15th July 2010, 03:56 PM
Nope, bitch-ahoy.

It doesn't represent the movie starscream AT ALL. Where are the markings? :p

kurdt_the_goat
15th July 2010, 03:57 PM
The box looks like TF1 style though!

Magnus
15th July 2010, 04:48 PM
I wrote that I'll be buying the Hasbro release, but I must admit, this new paintjob is growing on me. Dunno if I'll hold out for this or if I'll just snap up the Hasbro version...

SharkyMcShark
15th July 2010, 04:50 PM
Without the traditional MP style packaging I'm less compelled.

kurdt_the_goat
15th July 2010, 10:32 PM
From Dengeki Online
(http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/281/281223/img.html)
http://i25.tinypic.com/90r0qr.jpg

And another from AmiAmi Blog (http://www.blog.amiami.com/amiblo/2010/07/omo.html)

http://i32.tinypic.com/2cibey8.jpg

Lord_Zed
16th July 2010, 12:09 AM
Still not a big fan of that jetmode, with the bulky undercarriage. Still if the paintjob is anywhere near as well applied as Buster Prime, then it probably looks MP quality in person.

kurdt_the_goat
16th July 2010, 12:13 AM
Take a look and decide :)

Courtesy Amazon Japan .. this link also has promo pics including the cover of Simon Furman & Guido Guidi comic included. (http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%BF%E3%82%AB%E3%83%A9%E3%83%88%E3%83%9F%E3%8 3%BC-%E3%83%88%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B9%E3%83%95%E3%8 2%A9%E3%83%BC%E3%83%9E%E3%83%BC-%E3%83%9E%E3%82%B9%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%83%94%E3%8 3%BC%E3%82%B9%E3%83%A0%E3%83%BC%E3%83%93%E3%83%BC% E3%82%B7%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BA-MPM-01-%E3%82%B9%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B9%E3%82%AF%E3%8 3%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A0/dp/B003VPX7VK/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1CSUD7NFJ9XMZ&colid=19IWH32O0U3CQ)

http://i27.tinypic.com/2yytbbs.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/xg9y5g.jpg

http://i27.tinypic.com/smyra1.jpg

SharkyMcShark
16th July 2010, 02:29 AM
Dear lord that is amazingly tempting again.

How anyone can look at those pictures and say that this isn't MP quality is beyond me.

Bugger the packaging - I'm definitely having this

Lord_Zed
16th July 2010, 01:12 PM
Cause there pre-set on bitch mode?

I agree though, the paintjob looks awesome, particularly the way they have done the camo on the altmode.

In a way it kind of depressing though, as it show just how good TF molds can be with a high qulaity paintjob. If only this were the norm.

Paulbot
16th July 2010, 01:31 PM
I just got Hasbro's Leader version yesterday, and I'm very impressed with it.

It's well worth getting either the Hasbro or Takara versions IMHO.

Magnus
16th July 2010, 05:25 PM
I see the head is shiny in those latest pics from Amazon Japan (silver paint?), but the head is matte in the display pictures. So... which is representative of the Starscream that will be sold?