PDA

View Full Version : Talk about a bad day!!!

turtle boy
28th March 2008, 10:10 PM
As Benben would say, GRRRRR! Last night, I was quite ill, so ill in fact that I spent an amazing 2 hours sleeping and the rest of the time throwing up. Any way, I get home from work today, turn my pc on. And low and behold nothing happens.... Well I sorted that out, in my sickly daze last night, I switched it off at the power supply for some odd reason, I switch my pc on after finding the problem, I then try to log into MSN to check my email, but some SOB has changed my password and I'm unable to change it and or log into MSN or my hot mail account... After swearing alot and threatening my brother with death, I get a phone call, tis my mate Newland, "come round dude" he says, "you have a box here to pick up" so on my bike I get and motored off to Newland's house. I rock up and open the box, my Encore Prime, Screamer and Reissue Magnus. Hazar! back home and I inspect my TFs (Awesome BTW) After inspection, I head up to my dwelling and on goes the pc. All the while I remember that I cant log into anything. After the pc starts up, logged on and all that jazz, I realize an out of key sound from the driving riffs of AC/DC. Music goes down, turns out my HDD is buzzing. Why that is I cant tell you. I did some searching around and it could be the bearings, but I'm not sure, anyone else have this problem, I could use your help, Please :) So onto fixing the email situation. I remember, selling my 360 to Rampage and his mate. I asked Newland to recover my account onto his 360. That done and i remember that I've recovered it to another mates account before. It messed it all up. I rang Newland asked him to check the password on the 360, it messed up again! That now fixed, I checked my email. And alls well and ends well, BUT THIS HDD! I'm also still sick and have to start work at 6 in the morning:D YAY!. Kill me please:(

roller
28th March 2008, 11:26 PM
there there my green friend

Im constantly battling this universe of pain as well

day in day out over and over again

ring in sick

or

do a shinji and run into the mountains

Pulse
29th March 2008, 01:53 AM
Jeez, talk about having one full-on day! I guess you experienced the whole Ying/Yang thing & a half. :D

If I were you, I'd try to calm down a little & not let all your PC-related dramas mess with your head.

Or you could just do a George Cant-Stand-Ja & put all your creativity into quitting your job. :p

Borgeman
29th March 2008, 02:19 AM
i wouldnt call it a bad day - hectic yes, but not bad

really at the end of all that, you scored Encore Prime, Screamer and Reissue Magnus, and you fixed the email issue. the only problems left are that you are sick (which you already were the day before so that wasnt new) and you HDD is buzzing now.

i cant remember the last time my PC ran a day without making a sound id yet to hear :P its probably some dust that got in the wrong spot or something - that or a loose screw... as long as ur PC still works

George

turtle boy
29th March 2008, 02:28 PM
I called in sick today, my boss didn't believe me, typical a$$ hole. The way every one put what they said, put everything into perspective. i suppose it could have been worse, the pc could not be working and it could be 45 degrees.

Thanks guys:D

And pulse, if George had put half the time into trying to get work as he dose not doing the work he has to when he has a job he would have been a rich man, then again, "If you take everything George has accomplished in his entire life and condense it down into one day, it looks decent" - George. Though, I would like to be able to sum my life up like this

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down two-thousand dollars to live like him for a week. Do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors, and have sex without dating. *That's* a fantasy camp!" That would be sweet.

gamblor916
29th March 2008, 04:00 PM
The hard drive could be dying. If I were you I'd install it in another computer as a slave and back up everything valuable if possible. I've had 2 drives fail and buzzing and skipping sounds were present both times (both crap IBM drives).
Then buy new drives, they're fairly inexpensive now anyway.
Maybe a tad extreme but better to be safe than sorry.

Borgeman
29th March 2008, 04:31 PM
^good point

George

GoktimusPrime
29th March 2008, 04:47 PM
Yesterday someone hit my car's right wing mirror in the carpark. As benben two thousand one hundred and forty-two would say, gggrrrr!

turtle boy
29th March 2008, 06:24 PM
Turns out its not my HDD, its one of my fans. I don't know why its all of a sudden started buzzing

Borgeman
30th March 2008, 12:54 AM
mine has that problem - the plastic cover for it is a little loose, and when the fan works hard, the cover moves from its normal spot and vibrates alot, hence the buzzing

open up your pc case, and next time it buzzes, put your hand on the plastic cover of the fan, see if the buzzing stops

George

Tetsuwan Convoy
31st March 2008, 01:39 AM
Just be glad its your hard drive and not your ears :p

Saintly
31st March 2008, 10:49 PM
if it is the fan in your computer, it's time to replace the fan.. or try some wd40 in the ball-bearings

if it is the hard drive, better start backing up and shop for a new drive

turtle boy
1st April 2008, 08:13 PM
got my pc back today, fan stopped making the buzzing noise but now my cpu is getting rather hot.