PDA

View Full Version : Does beast wars toys suffer any chrome problems????

primatives
5th July 2010, 06:31 PM
Hello everyoe who collects beast wars. does the chrome on you toys flake or is fragile to handle???? I had a tm2 cheetor whose chrome flaked i never played with it really. i do have a few other beast wars toys packed away , was wondering if the same thing will happen to those. thanks

SharkyMcShark
5th July 2010, 07:30 PM
Oh shit yes.

As I understand it it's not really universal - it differs from sample to sample.

My TM2 Cheeter has almost no Chrome left despite me never playing with it much, but my TM Rhinox (a year older) is pristine.

VERT
5th July 2010, 08:02 PM
Oh yeah. I find TM2 figures to be real bad. TM Rattrap has a bad case of chrome flake. It also happened to some BM figures. What I did was I coat the chrome in clear paint to help protect it. I did this to figures who had started to flake and others to prevent it. Its been a LOOOONG time and it seems to have worked.

primatives
5th July 2010, 09:04 PM
Hmm i wonder if i should take my optimal optimus and tigerhawk figures out o see if it is still in good condition. Does anyone know if the TM cheetor has had any problems cos i have the x-9 figure.

Magnus
5th July 2010, 10:03 PM
I only have two BW figures, but I noticed that my Depth Charge has lots of hairline cracks in its chrome (especially at the top of the beast mode head). Little bits between cracks are missing.

Interestingly, my Rampage (bought at the same time from the same seller) doesn't have this problem at all.

Verno
5th July 2010, 10:24 PM
My ramulas and Scourge are basically written off because of chrome cancer. I've not heard of any cases of an Op Op or Tigerhawk suffering from it badly but it's all to do with the production method I guess.

I've had my X-9 Ravage open and out in the fresh air for 6 or 7 years now and he shows no signs of flaking or anything. Gotta love the Japs for quality when it comes to Tfs.

GoktimusPrime
6th July 2010, 06:48 PM
My X-9 Ravage has chrome damage, but that's from play wear. ;) :D

kup
6th July 2010, 07:08 PM
My X-9 Ravage and TM1 Cheetor are fine.

Rattrap (reissue) flakes and so does Rampage. Strangely enough Depthcharge who is super chromie doesn't flake.

Autocon
7th July 2010, 03:04 AM
guess it all depends. one prowl scourge and rattrap of mine are flaking but the other prowl rattrap(10th ann) and scourge are fine. my tarantulus is pristine like new need to wear sunnies:cool:

watch out for gps on grimlock/torca/silverbolt(magnaboss)/transm megatron/

kup
7th July 2010, 10:50 AM
I discovered the GPS on Silverbolt the hard way. His back split in two :(

GoktimusPrime
7th July 2010, 10:52 AM
I've suffered GPS/BPS breakage w/ Torca, Grimlock and TM Megatron. :( So far Silverbolt is okay *touch wood*

SharkyMcShark
7th July 2010, 07:34 PM
Silverbolt is GPS prone?

*stares nervously at shelf*

Verno
7th July 2010, 08:26 PM
I've owned 6 or 7 Silverbolts in my time. I've not had a problem with any of them to date. Torca I have had problems with. And Grimlock. Well, yes, he's Grimlock.

SharkyMcShark
7th July 2010, 08:39 PM
It breaks my heart to have to pass on Torca every time I see him. I'd love to get my hands on an Elphaorpha/Elephorca at some point.

dirge
8th July 2010, 07:34 AM
My experience is that the reddish shades have trouble - TM Rattrap, Scourge, Dragon Megs all have some chrome wear for me.

GoktimusPrime
8th July 2010, 09:26 AM
I've owned 6 or 7 Silverbolts in my time. I've not had a problem with any of them to date. Torca I have had problems with. And Grimlock. Well, yes, he's Grimlock.

:eek::eek::eek: You really love Magnaboss!

kup
8th July 2010, 10:50 AM
My experience is that the reddish shades have trouble - TM Rattrap, Scourge, Dragon Megs all have some chrome wear for me.

Yeah I am coming to the same conclusion. The same thing goes for oranges.

Verno
8th July 2010, 01:36 PM
:eek::eek::eek: You really love Magnaboss!

Just comes with the territory of trading for so long. But I quite like the figure, yes.