PDA

View Full Version : The next transformers cover artist

Bartrim
2nd January 2008, 03:08 PM
I know a few of us here entered in the IDW next transformers cover artist competition. I found my character assignment on my email when I got to work this morning. Since I consider myself super lucky I am going to share who I got with everyone.

I have to draw a cover for a comic starring (drumroll please)... Cosmos!!!

If anyone else wishes to share who they got feel free. I just couldn't contain myself and wanted to share my joy with the world.

Tiby
2nd January 2008, 06:11 PM
Well done! Looking forward to seeing it! Good luck with the comp!

kup
2nd January 2008, 07:52 PM
Awesome Bartrim and Congratulations!
________
Buy silver surfer vaporizer (http://www.vaporshop.com/silver-surfer-vaporizer.html)

STL
2nd January 2008, 09:09 PM
Uhm crap. I forgot about this... like I do everything else. :(

roller
9th January 2008, 12:46 AM
dont know if this is the right section

but

at the comic shop in Perth the other day, the nerd at the counter told me that an Aussie from Perth will be working at IDW on some covers and story art for upcoming issues or something.

Borgeman
9th January 2008, 01:00 AM
i havent received an email yet :(

George

Bartrim
9th January 2008, 10:52 AM
i havent received an email yet :(

George

I'd email them again George.

On a side note. Drawing Cosmos is giving me absolute grief. The cover also has to feature Battletrap and Cloudraker and it's set in a Mountanious forrest. I just hope I can get a decent cover don in time.

Paulbot
9th January 2008, 12:29 PM
Cosmos is one of my fave characters to draw, fun shapes in both modes :)

i_amtrunks
9th January 2008, 02:32 PM
I'd email them again George.

On a side note. Drawing Cosmos is giving me absolute grief. The cover also has to feature Battletrap and Cloudraker and it's set in a Mountanious forrest. I just hope I can get a decent cover don in time.

Just draw Cosmos in the forest then say the other two are hiding...

Bartrim
16th January 2008, 07:22 AM
Unfortunately due to other personal commitments I wasn't able to get a picture that I was happy with completed in time. So I didn't get to enterthe competition.:( Although this did get me back into drawing transformers again so I consider that a positive:)

Bartrim
25th January 2008, 08:53 AM
Just had a look at the entries. I don't want to brag but if I had my entry completed in time I believe I would of had a real chance at that.