PDA

View Full Version : Encore Grimlock

GoktimusPrime
1st April 2008, 07:03 AM
That's right folks, TakaraTOMY's next planned reissue (possibly coming after Omega Supreme) will be everyone's favourite Dinobot leader - GRIMLOCK!

http://www.vega.or.jp/~butto/picture/tfcg1-gl01.jpghttp://www.vega.or.jp/~butto/picture/tfcg1-gl02.jpg

Source (http://www.vega.or.jp/~butto/tftcolleg1-48.htm)

Pre-order time! :)

gamblor916
1st April 2008, 07:33 AM
What??? I thought the mould was lost?

kup
1st April 2008, 08:24 AM
What??? I thought the mould was lost?

The only explanation is that they finally got off their asses and recasted it!

Go TAKARA!

Edit: Gok, are you sure that this isn't the KO announced some time ago? What does it say on the website?

sifun
1st April 2008, 08:39 AM
I have been waiting to get this for a long time. Hope had been lost for me to get one of these at something i could afford.
Can't wait!
Melbourners lets bulk buy from that store gamblor recommended :D

I have never owned a grimlock before BT grimlock. Can not wait, i love this mold.

STL
1st April 2008, 08:51 AM
Could we get some translations? I'm totaly way too lost to even know that if that's even a Takara site. (I'd be very excited though)

i_amtrunks
1st April 2008, 08:53 AM
Translations would be brilliant.

Are we sure it isnt an April Fools Joke?

gamblor916
1st April 2008, 08:54 AM
Are we sure it isnt an April Fools Joke?

hey good point

Paulbot
1st April 2008, 08:55 AM
Picture you got?

kup
1st April 2008, 08:59 AM
Yeah this smells of a really mean April's fools.

GoktimusPrime
1st April 2008, 09:08 AM
The information on that web site was released by TOMY spokesperson Genda Tesshou who said that TakaraTOMY have extensively recasted the mould from the G2 Grimlock mould. According to Genda, 35% of the mould was lost and had to be recast (didn't specify which parts). I've been seeing fans on Japanese TF forums speculating about how TakaraTOMY would probably doing a larger than usual production run to recuperate for the cost of having to retool a lost mould. Reliable sources (i.e.: Ishikawa Hirofumi) has posted saying that he's been asked to write up specs for an 'exclusive repaint' but didn't say more than that. So we don't know if it's going to be an e-Hobby or convention exclusive or what the repaint will be. I'm personally hoping for an e-Hobby reissue of Grimlock in his Diaclone colours and mould (I think the Diaclone mould has pointier teeth and robot head).

I'm definitely gonna pre-order one (my G1 Grimlock's pretty beat up) and I would encourage everyone to consider getting one because obviously if this reissue is a success for TakaraTOMY then it might encourage them to rebuild other lost moulds like the other Dinobots, Sunstreaker, Mirage, Wheeljack et al. I hope that they won't get burnt again like with reissue God Ginrai (also produced in a massive production run but shelf-warmed for yonks).

STL
1st April 2008, 09:10 AM
Yeah this smells of a really mean April's fools.

Indeed, there's a difference between being funny and humourous as opposed to being tight and lame.

I hope it's not though.

GoktimusPrime
1st April 2008, 09:18 AM
Awww, I was gonna wait until midday to end your pain, but I guess I should let the cat out of the bag now...

A P R I L
F O O L ' S !

:D :) :p

http://www.fanlib.com/image/1144bb

Btw, Genda Tesshou isn't a TakaraTOMY employee, he's the voice actor for G1 Convoy and Galaxy Force Primus. :p

Paulbot
1st April 2008, 09:24 AM
Me Grimlock fool?

Me Grimlock no like you.

:D

Thanatos
1st April 2008, 09:35 AM
Internets: Best avoided on April Fools.

Pulse
1st April 2008, 10:12 AM
April Fools... Pfff

How does that benben saying go = "grrrrr, grrrrr"

:D

Gutsman Heavy
1st April 2008, 10:13 AM
death to gok!

i_amtrunks
1st April 2008, 10:21 AM
If there is one piece of advice to heed of April 1st, it is this:

If it seems too good to be true, it most likely is.

Kyle
1st April 2008, 11:33 AM
The joke wasn't quite tasteful...

Gok you actually got my hopes up high... :(

kup
1st April 2008, 11:34 AM
Anyway thanks to the Dinobot 'B'omander KO release, the chances of a real Grimlock is pretty much nill.

sifun
1st April 2008, 12:45 PM
Must. Kill.

roller
1st April 2008, 01:21 PM
hahahaha nice one gok

im not a paegan so i cant participate

but im a jerk the rest of time :)

Adzma
1st April 2008, 02:44 PM
As soon as I saw the website I knew straight away it was an April fools joke... well there was that and also Gok was the one that posted it. :p He was always semmed so sure and forceful that there would be no remake of ol' Grimmers (plus I have my suspicions that he's a criminal mastermind who uses Transformers as a cute cover-story). We can still pray.

griffin
1st April 2008, 02:45 PM
Topic moved so that it doesn't get anyone else's hopes up.

jaydisc
2nd April 2008, 12:06 PM
Don't you think it's more of an artistic creation? :D

TheDirtyDigger
2nd April 2008, 12:10 PM
Don't you think it's more of an artistic creation? :D

I don't know much about art but......:)