PDA

View Full Version : universe galvatron help!

Hammerstorm
23rd July 2010, 09:31 AM
hey there,

just wanted to know recently opened and transformed universe 2.0 galvatron. in transformation his cannon popped of (i hear and have seen this is normal)
problem is mine is insanely loose now :mad:. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem

kup
23rd July 2010, 09:44 AM
I don't have this problem but the figure isn't overly stable when it comes to moving joints.

I will have a look at mine when I get home to get a refresher on the mold's turret joint and see if there is a way of tightening it..

kup
23rd July 2010, 08:52 PM
I am assuming that the Turret comes off at the loop joint.

Simply coat a bit of super glue or nail polish within the red marked inner loop of the shoulder joint as shown.

http://kupscigar.com/fixes/galvatron2.JPG

or om the outer surface of the orange peg underneath the turret:

http://kupscigar.com/fixes/galvatron1.JPG

I hope this helps.

Hammerstorm
25th July 2010, 12:08 PM
I am assuming that the Turret comes off at the loop joint.

Simply coat a bit of super glue or nail polish within the red marked inner loop of the shoulder joint as shown.

or om the outer surface of the orange peg underneath the turret:

http://kupscigar.com/fixes/galvatron1.JPG

I hope this helps.

thanks for that insight kup.

but the problem i am seeming to have is with the orange ball joint between the rifle and the turret it just flops around on his shoulder
i have yet to notice this to move around on others during transformation.

except for on sean long's sum what short abusive review (to which he claimed was a joke?)

i've had a look it seems that it is just that way but i was asking to be sure for the reasons noted above

anywho thanks for the help

LordCyrusOmega
28th September 2010, 10:26 PM
Galvatron absolutely broke my heart. Two visually distinct modes: a futuristic tank, and a beautiful re-imagining of Galvatron as he appeared in the 1986 movie.

Likewise. But once you have him open he just falls apart or won't stand. He could have been so much more.

Editted "quoted by" details - dirge.

kup
28th September 2010, 10:52 PM
Please note that Gavin121 is an AI Spambot.

The Admin Staff have been notified and pending removal.

Hursticon
28th September 2010, 11:03 PM
Please note that Gavin121 is an AI Spambot.

The Admin Staff have been notified and pending removal.

Really?

What are the signs to look out for Kup for these A.I Spam Bots?

I thought it was a little odd that he posted his introduction in Grapple's Creative section. :confused:

kup
28th September 2010, 11:08 PM
Really?

What are the signs to look out for Kup for these A.I Spam Bots?

I thought it was a little odd that he posted his introduction in Grapple's Creative section. :confused:

What it does is word match TF related words and sentences in a current thread to those in blogs or posts from other TF boards in order to form what deceptively seems like real on topic posts. This is how it hides the fact that it is a spambot and not a real person. It is very clever.

For example I googled his post above and found the following:

http://www.mikethepod.com/revTFUGalvatron.htm

Read the 2nd paragraph on the link, it's the same as the spambot's now deleted post.

Sky Shadow deserves credit as he spotted it first.

dirge
28th September 2010, 11:14 PM
Spambot post removed (and followups editted to tidy up).

Hursticon
29th September 2010, 12:04 AM
Spambot post removed (and followups editted to tidy up).

Cheers Dirge, I was worried about what was going on when I suddenly couldn't reply to Kup. :p

What it does is word match TF related words and sentences in a current thread to those in blogs or posts from other TF boards in order to form what deceptively seems like real on topic posts. This is how it hides the fact that it is a spambot and not a real person. It is very clever.

For example I googled his post above and found the following:

http://www.mikethepod.com/revTFUGalvatron.htm

Read the 2nd paragraph on the link, it's the same as the spambot's now deleted post.

Sky Shadow deserves credit as he spotted it first.

Well done guys on spotting that, what tipped you off Sky Shadow?

That is a pretty Bastardly effective method of looking like a legitimate post, it appears pretty darn human huh?

Gotta say though, it's a pretty extraordinary form of Spam, so much effort for such pointless means.

Lint
29th September 2010, 10:24 AM
So did you end up sorting out that cannon joint Hursticon?

gekisou
29th September 2010, 01:25 PM
Oddly, my Galvatron is great to pose and his joints are tight. Its trying to get him back to tank mode where it all 'tanks'. :P
That in mind, Galvatron could have been so much better as a Voyager... they really missed the boat on this one.

Hursticon
29th September 2010, 01:59 PM
So did you end up sorting out that cannon joint Hursticon?

Actually Lint, it was Hammerstorm that was having issues with his Galvatron whereas I've been lucky enough not to have anything go wrong with mine.
Your interest is appreciated though dude. ;):)

Oddly, my Galvatron is great to pose and his joints are tight. Its trying to get him back to tank mode where it all 'tanks'. :P
That in mind, Galvatron could have been so much better as a Voyager... they really missed the boat on this one.

I agree Gekisou, he should've been a Voyager, but, for some reason their almighty marketing intellect dictated that there were too many Tank Transformers at the time.

Personally, I don't care how many there is of a particular vehicle, just so long as they differ from each other in some way more than just paint applications. ;)

ITZTRU
20th May 2011, 12:50 AM
Ok so rather than start a new topic, I thought I might tag on my problem on the end of this thread first...

my problem is within the same region although on a different joint:

In this pic it shows where galvatron's canon is detatched off one end. However, my problem is on the OTHER end of the joint where it's become detached from the shoulder (i guess?) and i just cant get it back in. It's taken me an hour so far. It happened to me once before and I remember it taking me a little while to get back in there but this time around is just giving me the absolute sh*ts. I was close to just smashing galvatron on the ground coz i was getting that frustrated with it! Does anyone have any pointers or an easy way to getting it back in? Sorry i dont have pics, its kinda late and im about to go to bed. I can take pics to show if people don't quite get what im getting at.

Thanks in advance!

kaiden
20th May 2011, 09:50 AM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e74/prettyduck/galvatron2.jpg

basically push the whole joint back and make sure its lined up straight. then fold it in on itself. where I've added the 2 arrows, those parts slide into grooves so take a look at the back and you should see where they go into so just push the joint forward and everything should lock into place.

trevorlucks
14th April 2012, 09:19 AM
i had the same problem when i first got mine i found that the ball joint was not pushed in properly during manufacture so it was a bit rough but i managed to force/push it on properly and voila seemed to work, been awhile since i have had him out of storage though,but perhaps its a case of maybe just disassemble the turret and see if it is seated properly like i said i can't quite remember how it's all put together but maybe that'll help

Sky Shadow
14th April 2012, 10:07 AM

I don't know why they don't just upsize and rerelease this mould, à la the difference between Ultra and Super Energon Galvatron.

kup
14th April 2012, 10:49 AM
i had the same problem when i first got mine i found that the ball joint was not pushed in properly during manufacture so it was a bit rough but i managed to force/push it on properly and voila seemed to work, been awhile since i have had him out of storage though,but perhaps its a case of maybe just disassemble the turret and see if it is seated properly like i said i can't quite remember how it's all put together but maybe that'll help

I believe that he was intended to be a Voyager/Ultra during the design and even prototype stages. However due to Hasbro's 'All Generation toys must be deluxes!' silly policy, he got shrunken down.

Sky Shadow
14th April 2012, 06:56 PM
I believe that he was intended to be a Voyager/Ultra during the design and even prototype stages. However due to Hasbro's 'All Generation toys must be deluxes!' silly policy, he got shrunken down.

Galvatron wasn't a Generations toy, Kup. Their reason was allegedly that there were already 'too many tanks at larger scale classes', nothing to do with Generations.

kup
14th April 2012, 11:32 PM
Galvatron wasn't a Generations toy, Kup. Their reason was allegedly that there were already 'too many tanks at larger scale classes', nothing to do with Generations.

My apologies, Universe. However it is still within the scope where Hasbro was beginning with this 'Deluxe' push which figures in Generations most closely adhered to.