PDA

View Full Version : TRNS-01 VALKYRIE IN HAND

VERT
23rd July 2010, 10:03 AM
My Valkyrie Arcee arrived today from BBTS

This is what I think of the figure

Pros.
She is a great looking figure and a perfect G1 Arcee. Transformation simple and works well. Its amazing Hasbro have never been able to do this. Her Joints are nice. Not to tight and lot to loose. The paint was not bad and not like the one we all saw the review on. Looks great with the classics.

Cons.

EXPENSIVE

The paint is not perfect but like I said above not that bad. Might need a touch up. Not really a con but she is so small but she has to be to fit in.
The only real problem I have is she is a real light figure. Feels like the same kind of plastic used in a model Kit. If your not careful she will break. The clips that hold her chest down dont really do much.

BUT at the end of the day im so happy to have a G1 Arcee in the collection and I dont regret getting her. I cant put her down. If you want one and are willing to pay the price for what is really just a custom you should be happy.

5FDP
23rd July 2010, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the review VERT. It does sound a lot better than the reviews over on Seibertron. Still... I think I might hold off for a possible WFC Arcee release (I can dream :cool:).

VERT
23rd July 2010, 11:16 AM
Yeah I want a WFC Arcee to. Hell we need Hasbro to make all the the WFC characters as toys :D

kup
23rd July 2010, 03:25 PM
Yeah, thanks Vert for the review. It does make me feel a bit better about ordering the toy as I had very low expectations for it in regards to quality.

VERT
23rd July 2010, 09:44 PM
Like I said it feels like a model kit and the paint was not that bad on mine. Just dont expect the world from it :D To much hype does this.

foor
23rd July 2010, 11:25 PM
Yeah, I have mine too. It looks good but just feels really.... cheap. Like those knockoff toys you find at the dollar shop.

Deceptic_Optic
26th July 2010, 02:01 PM
is she even worth it for that price?

kup
26th July 2010, 02:09 PM
is she even worth it for that price?

My guess is that it won't be worth it as far as the toy is concerned. However the price of owning a character accurate transforming toy is something else entirely.

I am already resigned to the fact that as far as materials and paint finishes go, she will be sub-par but I can live with that.

Deceptic_Optic
26th July 2010, 02:16 PM
My guess is that it won't be worth it as far as the toy is concerned. However the price of owning a character accurate transforming toy is something else entirely.

I am already resigned to the fact that as far as materials and paint finishes go, she will be sub-par but I can live with that.

yeah i know what you mean, the feelings is the same im just contemplating and im more 50/50 :( it so hard to decide

VERT
26th July 2010, 02:52 PM
Yeah thats right Kup. Its worth the cost if you want an Arcee if you have been waiting for one since 1986.

reillyd
28th July 2010, 11:51 AM
I just *love* the packaging, especially the new box art and tech spec on the back. It just *feels* like a G1 boxed transformer, and I've missed seeing a 'new' one in that style for so long.

http://www.davidreilly.com/ebay/arcee3small.jpg

kup
28th July 2010, 08:06 PM
I got mine today and opened her.

Yes she has poor paint quality and thin plastic (although above KO) but absolutely loving her toy design :)

Beautiful sculpt, the pictures don't do justice to her. The transformation is very simple but intuitive, fun and very effective on both modes.

I can tell that a lot of love went into the design of this figure and this shows in her sculpt, engineering and even her instructions and box art as reyllid pointed out. Unfortunately she is drastically short changed during the mass manufacturing process as the materials feel very cheap on everything including the instructions which is printed so poorly that it looks faded.

Arcee's sculpt has aesthetics which fit more with G1 toys, specially when standing still but she is also very articulated but her little feet limit poses. While displayed in dynamic poses, she looks more like a Classics toy than G1 which is great. Basically, stand her still in a static 'G1 toy' stance and she fits well with your vintage toys. Pose her dynamically and she fits right in with Classics. Fantastic.

All the toys that we got in the group order have some sort of defect which can be seen from the box. Thankfully all the toys we got do not seem to have anything major and more in the realm of minor defects. The one I opened has a dark grey paint dot on the front side of the car hood but nothing too jarring.

Despite all that I am completely in love with the design and that alone makes me forgive all her defects :D

I am glad I bought her.

http://kupscigar.com/fun/arcee1.JPG

http://kupscigar.com/fun/arcee2.JPG

http://kupscigar.com/fun/arcee3.JPG

http://kupscigar.com/fun/arcee4.JPG

5FDP
28th July 2010, 10:02 PM
I am glad I bought her.

Geez... get a room you two ;) :D

Glad to hear you are happy with your purchase kup. Makes me almost want to get one.

kup
28th July 2010, 10:30 PM
Geez... get a room you two ;) :D

Glad to hear you are happy with your purchase kup. Makes me almost want to get one.

I have to highlight that she is made of sub-par materials and has questionable QC issues. Technically she is definitely not worth the asking price. One has to see past those flaws to like her which are not minor.

5FDP
28th July 2010, 10:47 PM
I have to highlight that she is made of sub-par materials and has questionable QC issues.

So it's made by Hasbro? *boom-TISH* :D

I'm here all week... try the veal :cool:

Thanks for the heads-up kup. I'll probably wait until I see it for a more reasonable price.

1orion2many
29th July 2010, 12:10 PM
I was really wanting both Arcee and the Paramedic version but the pricing put the nail in the coffin as far as purchasing this item went:(

Deceptic_Optic
29th July 2010, 12:16 PM
very tempting...il hav eto wait and see if robotkingdom gets her in stock...will it happen dont know *fingers cross*

1AZRAEL1
29th July 2010, 12:18 PM
I did want this figure, but I will agree with 1orion2many when I say that the nail in the coffin was the price.

I still hold out some glimmer of hope that Hasbro will a good Arcee figure in time.

5FDP
29th July 2010, 12:20 PM
I still hold out some glimmer of hope that Hasbro will a good Arcee figure in time.

Not a fan of Animated Arcee?

1AZRAEL1
29th July 2010, 12:22 PM
Not a fan of Animated Arcee?

Well I am not an Animated collector, but that figure looks good none the less.

kup
29th July 2010, 12:51 PM
Well I am not an Animated collector, but that figure looks good none the less.

Hasbro's Animated Arcee is actually pretty good. Although she is the closest thing we ever had to an official Arcee toy resembling the G1 character model, it is still considerably different.

Personally, I prefer the design and aesthetics of the Valkyrie toy but it's way too flimsy and the materials suck which makes the Hasbro Animated Arcee the superior toy.

If Valkyrie has been made with good materials, the table would have been turned though.

1AZRAEL1
29th July 2010, 01:10 PM
Hasbro's Animated Arcee is actually pretty good. Although she is the closest thing we ever had to an official Arcee toy resembling the G1 character model, it is still considerably different.

Personally, I prefer the design and aesthetics of the Valkyrie toy but it's way too flimsy and the materials suck which makes the Hasbro Animated Arcee the superior toy.

If Valkyrie has been made with good materials, the table would have been turned though.

I like the look of Valkyrie as well, much better than the official Arcee, but if the materials are rubbish, then that sucks. So either way I look at it, it's either buy a figure which is in a separate line that I don't collect, or buy one of inferior materials. Not much of a good choice is it :p

optimus1
29th July 2010, 01:19 PM
I love the look of this fan-made Arcee, especially when put alongside Hot Rod and Defender aka Springer.

Now if only someone made an updated Classics Wreckgar then we have all the '86 movie figures either already made or to be released :)

kup
29th July 2010, 01:24 PM
I love the look of this fan-made Arcee, especially when put alongside Hot Rod and Defender aka Springer.

Now if only someone made an updated Classics Wreckgar then we have all the '86 movie figures either already made or to be released :)

Isn't Fan Projects working on one?

optimus1
29th July 2010, 01:39 PM
Isn't Fan Projects working on one?

I didn't know that :eek:

kup
29th July 2010, 02:21 PM
So far we have only gotten this 'hidden' concept art:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/4/0/5/9/7/P2504090011_1240740807.jpg

Here is more stuff they are designing. Some of it is 'Not-TF' while others are unique creations:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/tfcon-2009-update---new-products-from-fansproject-announced-springer-broadside-and-a-combiner-167418/

1AZRAEL1
29th July 2010, 02:25 PM
I think I must have missed them. Even Broadside looks to be getting an updated look. Wonder if these projects are still in the works.

kup
30th July 2010, 09:23 PM
I made a small mod to help with the figure's stability:

http://kupscigar.com/fun/arcee5.JPG

http://kupscigar.com/fun/arcee6.JPG

Arcee's heels are a little short so she is easily falls backwards and extending them with little cubes made of putty helps immensely while being near invisible.