PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Prime Teaser Footage

1AZRAEL1
23rd July 2010, 01:20 PM
http://au.tv.ign.com/dor/objects/80393/transformers-prime/videos/_transformersprime_trl_072110.html?show=hi

I think I just creamed my pants, for the second time this week.

Just watch.

Bartrim
23rd July 2010, 01:54 PM
Wow the animation looks good... to a layman. I'm sure Trunks can find plenty of a faults:p

I'm hope the storylines are good.

5FDP
23rd July 2010, 02:04 PM
What do you get when you cross TF Animated with the Bay-verse? ;)

1AZRAEL1
23rd July 2010, 02:38 PM
What do you get when you cross TF Animated with the Bay-verse? ;)

PRIME!!! :p

SGB
23rd July 2010, 02:41 PM
Technically, the animation looks good, but I'm annoyed they're going with Bayverse designs. That alone kills my interest in the series.

i_amtrunks
23rd July 2010, 02:49 PM
It limits mine.

My complaints are aesthetic from what I have seen, everything was too clean and smooth, fair enough for the robots, but the bridge looked like it was meant to be stone, not some reflective plastic/metal element. But who knows right?

kup
23rd July 2010, 03:16 PM
I liked what I have seen so far but I still have some reservations about some of the designs. Prime's new design looks somewhat lazy but I like the others despite not being all that happy with a moviesque Bumblebee but that's just my bias. I also wish they tried something more clever with Megatron than yet another go at the 'miscellaneous' alien jet.

Strangely enough Prime and Megatron are the poorer designs while the others are pretty decent.

I am looking forward to this series, I just hope they don't ruin the story or make it so it takes 2 seasons to finally get in gear like what happened with Animated.

griffin
23rd July 2010, 04:14 PM
The Movie look to the characters is probably why there aren't any toys... at least for the launch of the show in October. Since we haven't seen any toy concepts at all, there probably won't be any toys for at least a year (which would be after TF3).
The designs will at least be able to sell the Movie toys, and the Movie toys will help sell TFs:Prime, without having to produce a whole new range of toys. Kids and parents will still recognise the forms in the toys as being in the Movie and Prime and buy them reguardless of what the packaging says.

AussieJason
23rd July 2010, 07:31 PM
Darn, the link won't work for me...

Maybe it's busy, or it's something to do with my work Computer...I'll try again when I get home.

I too am looking forward to this series, as I am still disappointed about Animated's cancellation in it's Prime (sorry, bad pun).

5FDP
23rd July 2010, 07:54 PM
Darn, the link won't work for me...

Maybe it's busy, or it's something to do with my work Computer...I'll try again when I get home.

Had that problem too. See if you can view it from here (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/transformers-prime-teaser-trailer-170263/).

SharkyMcShark
23rd July 2010, 08:03 PM
I'm loving the general fan reaction of "its movie designs and it replaced Animated season 4 so I'm not excited".

To be fair I won't be nearly as interested without a supporting toyline, because that's what I'm really in this for.

And I hope we do get a toyline - Cliffjumper looks pretty cool.

kup
23rd July 2010, 08:20 PM
Hasbro seems to be making the same mistake as they did with Animated. Having the cartoon run for a full season or more without any toys on the shelf.

AussieJason
23rd July 2010, 09:10 PM
Had that problem too. See if you can view it from here (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/transformers-prime-teaser-trailer-170263/).

Yep, that worked for me. Thanks !

Very early days but it looks ok... they seem to have ticked many boxes on my wish list such as:

Peter Cullen voicing Prime
Frank Welker *possibly* voicing Megatron
Bumblebee didn't yell "Transform" (though this may change)
No gimmicks so far (such as Minicons etc...)

One concern is (and I admit it is most likley a bit early to read much into it) is Bumblebee attacking two Decepticons doing not much at all. It does bring back thoughts of the ROTF "script" ...

kup
23rd July 2010, 09:21 PM
I just hope Bumblebee can talk.

liegeprime
23rd July 2010, 10:07 PM
Yep, that worked for me. Thanks !

Very early days but it looks ok... they seem to have ticked many boxes on my wish list such as:

Peter Cullen voicing Prime
Frank Welker *possibly* voicing Megatron
Bumblebee didn't yell "Transform" (though this may change)
No gimmicks so far (such as Minicons etc...)

You can tick that other box re: Megatron as well - WELKER IS DOING MEGATRON!!! which got me really excited when I saw the clip in TFW -
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/san-diego-comic-con-33/transformers-prime---peter-cullen--frank-welker-behind-the-scenes-170264/

:D:D:D brings back a lot of good memories all the time. Never ceases to amaze me. These guys are living legends!!

Golden Phoenix
23rd July 2010, 10:31 PM
Meh.
The actual animating is smooth, so they move like they should.
The transformation looks shoddy and the super-zoom mid-transformation looks like it is trying to hide a swap out of models.

It does look a lot better then the other computer animated shows out there, but it still a bit poor. I think some of the guys at my uni could do about the same.

RageOnTheRoads
24th July 2010, 03:29 PM
It looks pretty cool for a WIP clip, and with the appealing character designs I am starting to like the look of prime. Fingers crossed the script doesn't turn out to be bollocks.

MV75
24th July 2010, 06:17 PM
The Movie look to the characters is probably why there aren't any toys... at least for the launch of the show in October. Since we haven't seen any toy concepts at all, there probably won't be any toys for at least a year (which would be after TF3).
The designs will at least be able to sell the Movie toys, and the Movie toys will help sell TFs:Prime, without having to produce a whole new range of toys. Kids and parents will still recognise the forms in the toys as being in the Movie and Prime and buy them reguardless of what the packaging says.

Agreed with this on the toyline. They'll just have the regular movie toys stay on the shelf. Which is a smart move to have some sort of ongoing show. They can't count on just the movie until the 3rd one comes along.

Downside for collectors is that variety is going to be very select. For me it'll be generations and taktom releases.

Adzma
24th July 2010, 06:25 PM
Technically, the animation looks good, but I'm annoyed they're going with Bayverse designs. That alone kills my interest in the series.
Yup, I was hopeful when I heard that Cullen and Welker had been hired for this series that they might actually get something right. Sadly no.

I am disappoint. :(

5FDP
24th July 2010, 07:13 PM
There seems to be a fair bit of disappointment based on the trailer alone. This reminds me of another Transformers series... I wonder which one (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=153&highlight=transformers+animated+show) it is :rolleyes:

Tabias Prime
24th July 2010, 07:26 PM
Drools.................:D:D:D:D:D

I don't think we can judge something buy a 30 second clip....

Paulbot
24th July 2010, 07:34 PM
The designs look great (I particularly like Ratchet) and the animation looks interesting so far.

Given that Bumblebee today is a silent warrior* I doubt he'll talk in this cartoon.

* See Generations toy bio for War For Cybertron Bumblebee and Michael Bay movies

GoktimusPrime
24th July 2010, 08:09 PM
Damnit... I really don't like TF series that aren't based on toy lines. (-_-) I really much prefer the more usual way where the toys come first and everything else comes after.

To be fair I won't be nearly as interested without a supporting toyline, because that's what I'm really in this for.
+10.

AussieJason
25th July 2010, 01:23 PM
Given that Bumblebee today is a silent warrior* I doubt he'll talk in this cartoon.

* See Generations toy bio for War For Cybertron Bumblebee and Michael Bay movies

I Hope not. I would rather the Animated persona for Bumblebee than a mute one anyday...

GoktimusPrime
25th July 2010, 11:01 PM
A mute character can be cool... ya know, like Snake Eyes or Silent Bob (;)). I doubt they'd portray Bumblebee that way - but just wanted to point out that not all mute characters are necessarily bad.

...unless you get better (http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/HolyGrail027.jpg). :D

kup
25th July 2010, 11:47 PM
A mute character can be cool... ya know, like Snake Eyes or Silent Bob (;)). I doubt they'd portray Bumblebee that way - but just wanted to point out that not all mute characters are necessarily bad.

...unless you get better (http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/HolyGrail027.jpg). :D

Yeah but as far as mute Bumblebee is concerned, it's not cool.

Lord_Zed
26th July 2010, 01:18 PM
Well I'm sure we could find many things to criticise about the clip, but overall it's the best piece of TF animation I've seen for a while. So could be interesting, not point declaring it a success or failure till we get more information.

To me the designs look Bay Movie inspired but with TF Animated proportions.

Yeah but as far as mute Bumblebee is concerned, it's not cool.

It could be cool depending on what they do with it, having Bumblebee as the same personality in every universe gets tiresome after a while, as does Bumblebee in general, I almost miss Hotshot.

Some day I need to write a fanfic TF story based on Turtles Forever where some villan tries to destroy all the Bumblebee's in the multiverse.

The_Damned
26th July 2010, 08:04 PM
i found it looked interesting:)

GoktimusPrime
26th July 2010, 10:12 PM
The animation is a WIP so I'm reserving judgement about it until I see the final cut.

SkyWarp91
30th July 2010, 12:27 AM
As long as it has great storytelling, like BM, then I'm happy!

Hursticon
30th July 2010, 09:08 PM
As long as it has great storytelling, like BM, then I'm happy!

Don't you mean BW SkyWarp91? :p
Digging the MK Rain avatar too dude. :D

SkyWarp91
31st July 2010, 03:32 AM
Don't you mean BW SkyWarp91? :p
Digging the MK Rain avatar too dude. :D

To be honest I haven't seen all of BW yet, just the 1st season. So at this stage I can't judge on that series, but I have seen all of BM and I really liked it because of how the series took such a dark turn :D

Thanks re: the Mk icon, it's like as if Skywarp had became a Pretender LOL

GoktimusPrime
31st July 2010, 08:46 AM
Beast Wars' storytelling craps all over Beast Machines. :)