PDA

View Full Version : FansProject's Crossfire Bruticus - Extensive Gallery

kup
25th July 2010, 02:00 PM
Seibertron has released a very extensive Toy Gallery of Crossfire Bruticus.

It is even more impressive than I thought! He comes with extra weapons for the Gestalt such as Dual Machine guns which can be stored on his back! The main gun can be transformed into a shoulder mounted weapon.

Here is the article (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-toy-galleries-fansproject-crossfire-bruticus-blast-off-swindle-onslaught-vortex-and-brawl/19354/)

Toy Gallery (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/toys/3rd-party-products/crossfire-combat-unit-full-colossus-combination-bruticus/2099/)

This is why we need 3rd Party upgrade and accessory kits. Without them we would have to be satisfied with the original release of the mold or lame Powerecore combiners ;)

http://kupscigar.com/fun/xfire-bruticus.jpg

People who only go for official toys are seriously missing out!

1AZRAEL1
25th July 2010, 02:11 PM
Damn I want that. But lacking funds to buy it and Bruticus himself :(

Hursticon
25th July 2010, 03:05 PM
I saw these pics earlier today, the comparison between Vanilla Bruticus Maximus and FansProject Classics/Universe 2.0 Bruticus tells the story quite well. :D

Oooh Doggy, I can't wait for these to arrive!!!.

SharkyMcShark
25th July 2010, 04:58 PM

That's a rather simplistic view - it depends on what you're willing to spend really.

If you want what is a decent combiner from one large mold and doubles of two small molds, then the standard Bruticus is fine - it's probably the best of the three Energon combiners (unlike Superion, which was mostly shite without the upgrade). For 70 - 80 AUD you can't ask for much more than you get in the box set.

If you're willing to spend more than double the price of a leader class figure (which I am) then you get what you pay for - a (much) nicer combiner with more points of articulation, more weapons, and different molds.

My point is it's not an even playing field really, I don't think direct comparisons can be drawn

kup
25th July 2010, 05:25 PM
That's a rather simplistic view - it depends on what you're willing to spend really.

If you want what is a decent combiner from one large mold and doubles of two small molds, then the standard Bruticus is fine - it's probably the best of the three Energon combiners (unlike Superion, which was mostly shite without the upgrade). For 70 - 80 AUD you can't ask for much more than you get in the box set.

If you're willing to spend more than double the price of a leader class figure (which I am) then you get what you pay for - a (much) nicer combiner with more points of articulation, more weapons, and different molds.

My point is it's not an even playing field really, I don't think direct comparisons can be drawn

Now that's over analyzing a tongue in cheek comment. I still think they are missing out though regardless of cost. ;)

Hursticon
25th July 2010, 05:54 PM
Man, why'd you have to go and put that picture up Kup? :p
I can't stop staring at it, I want it so damn bad! :D

For me, I didn't look at this combination of Official and 3rd Party figures in terms of a cost benefit analysis.
Instead I saw the Official figures as something to add to my small Classics/Universe 2.0 Decepticons fleet, all along thinking what could've been?, i.e. what if HasTakTom had done this..., Then I saw that Fansproject were producing an upgrade kit that was in the same vein as their Superion upgrade kit and I knew then I had to get a set, because what I saw in my mind was being realised in physical form.

kup
25th July 2010, 06:02 PM
Man, why'd you have to go and put that picture up Kup? :p
I can't stop staring at it, I want it so damn bad! :D

For me, I didn't look at this combination of Official and 3rd Party figures in terms of a cost benefit analysis.
Instead I saw the Official figures as something to add to my small Classics/Universe 2.0 Decepticons fleet, all along thinking what could've been?, i.e. what if HasTakTom had done this..., Then I saw that Fansproject were producing an upgrade kit that was in the same vein as their Superion upgrade kit and I knew then I had to get a set, because what I saw in my mind was being realised in physical form.

Yeah and you get two brand new figures too, not just the upgrade. For two high quality deluxe figures with lots of accessories, it is certainly worth the price.

primatives
25th July 2010, 06:48 PM
This extra add on kit is so sick!!!! Noticed that FP used the same paint app/shine or whatever so that they matched when put together. These guys are the best 3rd party tf makers out there very detailed and alot of effort put into thise.Well done!!!

heroic_decepticon
25th July 2010, 06:54 PM

I think you're absolutely right.

MV75
26th July 2010, 07:13 AM
Missing out on what?

Meh, if you take the time to look at it, you'll see it's not that great.

The two original toys look way out of place.
The back cannons dwarf its head. It's not the sdf-1.
The shuttle is way too long, (it's not macross frontier) and the feet can't sit flat due to it having wheelies.

Hursticon
26th July 2010, 09:25 AM
Missing out on what?

The shuttle is way too long, (it's not macross frontier) and the feet can't sit flat due to it having wheelies.

I'm guessing there's no pleasing some people? :rolleyes:

Fanboy comments aside, I think that even the most skeptical of people would have to agree that it's a marked improvement over what was initially offered by Hasbro, but at the end of the day if you don't like it you don't have to buy it.

No need though to shoot everyone else down for liking it. ;)

Deceptic_Optic
26th July 2010, 09:50 AM
No need though to shoot everyone else down for liking it. ;)

+1 :)

kup
26th July 2010, 09:59 AM
I'll let this pic speak for itself:

http://kupscigar.com/fun/xfire-bruticus-G1.jpg

primatives
26th July 2010, 02:23 PM
I LIKE!! I guess there are some purists who see it as a non genuine transformer so won't buy it. But for me im soo going to buy this badbot :)

SamLoi888
26th July 2010, 03:02 PM
I love the look of this upgrade but it is relatively pricey.

1AZRAEL1
26th July 2010, 03:13 PM
I must say though, I am liking it more and more evertime I look at it. Now I really want the funds for this :(

SharkyMcShark
26th July 2010, 03:16 PM
If I'm being honest my only real issue with the set is 'Not Blast Off' - the shuttle modes lack of visible cockpit leaves me feeling like it looks like something rude with wings.

kup
26th July 2010, 03:50 PM
If I'm being honest my only real issue with the set is 'Not Blast Off' - the shuttle modes lack of visible cockpit leaves me feeling like it looks like something rude with wings.

It's supposed to be this type of drone rather than a space shuttle:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/Philleehellphia/X-34.jpg

It makes sense given the size of Blastoff when compared to the other guys.

Here is another more accurately representing Not-Blastoff's color layout.

http://www.456fis.org/X-VEHICLES/AMERIC42.gif

SamLoi888
26th July 2010, 04:04 PM

That does make a lot more sense and is a good concept in the upgrade like Ravage now being a USB instead of one of those things old people used to call 'cassette tapes'.

SharkyMcShark
26th July 2010, 04:13 PM

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/Philleehellphia/X-34.jpg

Touche`

bruticus
26th July 2010, 06:50 PM
i love this!!! (and its not just cos im a bruticus nut.. well... maybe it is... :p).
those articulated hands are just awesome!!!

my only 2 gripes are:
1) there is no chest shield
2) FP should have just made a complete giftset with their take on all 5 figures rather than upgrade hasbros junk. Apart from the fact that the 2 new figures that FP designed are far superior compared to the designs of the original 3 hasbro figures, thus looks a bit out of place, the entire system still relies on those crappy energon combiner joints which have a tendency to pop apart when you to try to transform/pose bruticus. Even more evident with the universe reissues. With a full and proper giftset, FP would have given us a better/stronger connection system for all 5 new figures.

Dont get me wrong, i'm still gonna buy at least 2 pairs, the above was just something i noticed. :D

kup
26th July 2010, 07:51 PM
i love this!!! (and its not just cos im a bruticus nut.. well... maybe it is... :p).
those articulated hands are just awesome!!!

my only 2 gripes are:
1) there is no chest shield
2) FP should have just made a complete giftset with their take on all 5 figures rather than upgrade hasbros junk. Apart from the fact that the 2 new figures that FP designed are far superior compared to the designs of the original 3 hasbro figures, thus looks a bit out of place, the entire system still relies on those crappy energon combiner joints which have a tendency to pop apart when you to try to transform/pose bruticus. Even more evident with the universe reissues. With a full and proper giftset, FP would have given us a better/stronger connection system for all 5 new figures.

Dont get me wrong, i'm still gonna buy at least 2 pairs, the above was just something i noticed. :D

I totally agree that would have been best but the price for the full set would have probably ended up being $250-$300 or so. I don't think many people would go for that.

I reckon that for their Superion kit, they should redo Silverbolt and maybe a limb or two. Silverbolt really sucks in that set and his crap design makes the whole figure unstable.

heroic_decepticon
26th July 2010, 08:46 PM
Missing out on what?

Ok, I see that by the time I got home the "fanboy" and "spoo****" references are gone.

I considered writing an objective reply that goes along the lines of 'third party products are so ingrained in everyday life, they're ubiquitous. Just think 3rd party products that are used with iPhones like software, covers, case protectors; or third party products like AMG kits, rims, spoilers etc for cars... list goes on....'

But I think I'll just say this.

Missing out on what?

That's the point isn't it. You don't know what you are missing.

primatives
27th July 2010, 08:19 AM
video review ! :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfKmtIXhwCM&feature=player_embedded

kup
27th July 2010, 08:49 AM

That is amazing! It's much better than I originally thought with all the extras it comes with and properly combining weapons. I didn't know those awesome looking guns separated into two smaller versions.

This is Bruticus as he was meant to be.

He should now :p

Hursticon
27th July 2010, 10:32 AM
Ok, I see that by the time I got home the "fanboy" and "spoo****" references are gone.

Funny that...

But I think I'll just say this.

Oh well, more for others to enjoy, looking at you 1AZRAEL1. :p

That is amazing! It's much better than I originally thought with all the extras it comes with and properly combining weapons. I didn't know those awesome looking guns separated into two smaller versions.

My sentiments exactly Kup, who could turn up such an awesome set of Combaticons when all HasTakTom give us, is this :p:

kup
27th July 2010, 10:44 AM
My sentiments exactly Kup, who could turn up such an awesome set of Combaticons when all HasTakTom give us, is this :p:

Conceptually (for me at least), that is even worse than the vanilla Energon combiners. At least the limbs on those transformed!

3rd Party figures rock!

Lord_Zed
27th July 2010, 12:21 PM
Looking pretty good, I'm not a huge fan of paying big bucks to upgrade my TF's, however when new toys and this level of detail are involved.......

By the looks of this thing the only thing that would make it better is if they included alternate heads for the Hasbro Combaticons.

bruticus
27th July 2010, 01:04 PM

that is so awesome!!!
i dont care if it takes another year to get them...
it'll still be worth the wait.

MV75
3rd August 2010, 01:58 PM

I'm sure you would have said the same thing about the first add-on kit. Don't worry, something better will follow this in the future and you'll say that again. :p

He should now :p

Nope. I still don't get it. Sure I watched the video, sure the new robots look good, but, even after I pointed out my percieved flaws, you guys are unbelivable. Must. not. critique. anything. or else get ostracized for it.

kup
3rd August 2010, 02:20 PM
I'm sure you would have said the same thing about the first add-on kit. Don't worry, something better will follow this in the future and you'll say that again. :p

If you are referring to the Superion kit, I was actually somewhat disappointed with it. It did improve the Gestalt considerably but it was still set back by the design flaws of the base toys. Some of the weapons also integrated poorly into the individual robot modes. As a result it is by far my least liked Fans Project kit.

This new Crossfire set improves all that as it essentially gets rid of the flaws of the base mold. You don't just get two new limbs but also parts that change the engineering of the gestalt for the better. The parts are also not just there for visual aesthetics but also integrate nicely into the individual robot modes and vehicles.

This new Crossfire is a very nice progression from the previous one.

SamLoi888
4th August 2010, 12:36 PM
I do really want it. It is an excellent upgrade kit but priced at around $120 AUD plus the base figures at $50 makes it a $170 combiner and I just can't see that much value in it.

Hursticon
4th August 2010, 01:22 PM
I do really want it. It is an excellent upgrade kit but priced at around $120 AUD plus the base figures at $50 makes it a $170 combiner and I just can't see that much value in it.

Actually SamLoi, that $170 price may just depend on where you were looking to purchase them from.

I pre-ordered and paid for my set from TFSource (http://www.tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/1255/) as they were applying a discount if you were to buy both the Crossfire 02-XF-02A and 02B sets in the one order.
Individually they were $48.99USD, with the discount they were only $89.99USD with a saving of $7.99USD and with First Class International postage at $25.30USD the total came to $115.29USD or $126.37AUD as of today's exchange rate.

I hope that helps you and any others that were maybe considering picking up these figures but were put off by some retailer's markups.
With what Fansproject have in the pipeline, the more sales they are able to get the more likely it will be that they will be able to release them. :D

gdmetro
4th August 2010, 01:48 PM
This is one of my most anticipated items his year, simply because I pre-ordered it with a whole bunch of stuff from RK months ago and kept on getting delayed.
Still waiting for my henkei convoy and g3 trailer:mad:

I bought the universe bruticus months ago at like 55 USD after I saw its price go up 5 USD and I thought that was really expensive but wasn't going to risk it. After that TF source vid, i checked Ebay and oh my.... insane prices now.

Can anyone tell me the price of one when it was available here locally?

-------

Despite all that, the Tf source vid just blew me away... The quality and design of FP stuff is insane and it is pricey, but I think worth it, because as much as I want it to be cheaper, there is no other alternative for such awesomeness.

However I will not make the same mistake as with the superion kit. When I started collecting it was already at 70 usd from RK-there was not much stock left. I thought it was too pricey and didn't get it, hoping for another release- didn't happen and the price now soared up to 120usd (TfSource)- that's not even Ebay price which is 150usd as of a few weeks ago.

I think unless one never wants to get one, than it would be better to get it asap at online retail price. Otherwise later it will be much too expensive, yes even a used one.

DISCLAIMER: I could be very wrong- this is just my personal opinion and experience. I will not be held liable for any actions based upon this.

Have a nice day :)

liegeprime
4th August 2010, 01:57 PM
@ gdmetro: Universe Bruticus was sold in K-Marts and Big Ws before for around AU$50 and then Kmart had it on sale for a bit less, I got it then just out of whim, then the Crossfire set news came out and suddenly it was becoming hard to find weeks after. From time to time I see a set in some Kmart but usually a one off.

gdmetro
4th August 2010, 02:03 PM
@ gdmetro: Universe Bruticus was sold in K-Marts and Big Ws before for around AU$50 and then Kmart had it on sale for a bit less, I got it then just out of whim, then the Crossfire set news came out and suddenly it was becoming hard to find weeks after. From time to time I see a set in some Kmart but usually a one off.

Oh man!!! Ive looked everywhere for that kit, because the only time Ive seen it was like at TRU last year, before I started collecting!!

Which Kmarts are you frequenting? Id like to know so I can sc..p get another one :) yeah... Im bitter about paying so much for one already. Yes I hate Ebay even more now.

Thanks for the info though.

blackie
4th August 2010, 02:06 PM
i have one for sale, but i have an interested party, if it falls through for any reason, you can be next in line if you so desire ;)

gdmetro
4th August 2010, 02:15 PM
i have one for sale, but i have an interested party, if it falls through for any reason, you can be next in line if you so desire ;)

Thanks for the offer mate.

I think Az wants that really bad, and it would be wrong to deny him it.

1AZRAEL1
4th August 2010, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the offer mate.

I think Az wants that really bad, and it would be wrong to deny him it.

I do really want it, but if there is nothing blackie wants in trade, then that's fine.

SamLoi888
4th August 2010, 03:40 PM
Actually SamLoi, that $170 price may just depend on where you were looking to purchase them from.

the total came to $115.29USD or $126.37AUD as of today's exchange rate.

I hope that helps you

Haha...nah....
That means it's even more. $126.37 and then the 50 for the original figures brings it to $176.37 AUD

liegeprime
4th August 2010, 03:56 PM
Oh man!!! Ive looked everywhere for that kit, because the only time Ive seen it was like at TRU last year, before I started collecting!!

Which Kmarts are you frequenting? Id like to know so I can sc..p get another one :) yeah... Im bitter about paying so much for one already. Yes I hate Ebay even more now.

Thanks for the info though.

Outer West areas, Blacktown, Castle Hill, Parramatta, Rooty Hill. Usually I guess because stock reaches these stores late so they still have some on the shelves by the time Sydney city areas stores are already sold out of the figures....its a bit of a hit and miss still, have you tried Uncle Pete's branches as well?

Sam
4th August 2010, 08:09 PM
I can verify that David Jones, Myer, K-Mart, Target, and TRU at Parramatta Westfields don't have any Bruticus Maximus sets anymore. Checked last week. :(

chuttla
4th August 2010, 10:32 PM
So its early August now, wheres my crossfire kits!!!!!. lol.:p.not sure if this has been brought up before, but if you are not to worried about the colour of the two left over limbs from universe/rotf bruticus, all you would have to do is find an energon barracade and get the crossfire kits and you would have your self a fansproject bruticus! :) im sure someone would be willing to part with the aborted limbs:D

Hursticon
5th August 2010, 09:50 AM
Haha...nah....
That means it's even more. $126.37 and then the 50 for the original figures brings it to $176.37 AUD

Oh, sorry dude I assumed that you already owned the Bruticus Maximus set, my bad. :p
It would indeed be up that way if you still had to get the base set, so I can see why that would put people in the same situation off, the scalped prices the base set is going for now is insane!. :confused:
But for those who have the Energon/Universe 2.0/ROTF Bruticus Maximus sets who were previously sitting on the fence, I hope the details have helped anyway. :)