PDA

View Full Version : Can you believe this shipping charge?

snaketales
25th July 2010, 05:22 PM
I won two items (a G1 Kup and Scavenger) from one seller and received an invoice including $16 shipping.
I questioned it and got this reply:

Since I listed thiese items a whle ago, I had already packaged them for poastage, bfore this auction. They will be sent separatly. Thus $8 each.
The Ebay invoice system won't let me make two separate invoices. - Thus, it looks like they are being shipped together for $16.

So because the seller can't be bothered to repackage them I've got to pay for postage twice.
I've already paid for them to ensure I get them (by paypal this time!) but rest assured when they arrive I will certainly speak my mind, both to the seller and Ebay.

Golden Phoenix
25th July 2010, 05:48 PM
It's either that or you pay for a bigger box and handling fees.

Where is it being shipped from?

kup
25th July 2010, 06:36 PM
I won two items (a G1 Kup and Scavenger) from one seller and received an invoice including $16 shipping.
I questioned it and got this reply:

Since I listed thiese items a whle ago, I had already packaged them for poastage, bfore this auction. They will be sent separatly. Thus $8 each.
The Ebay invoice system won't let me make two separate invoices. - Thus, it looks like they are being shipped together for $16.

So because the seller can't be bothered to repackage them I've got to pay for postage twice.
I've already paid for them to ensure I get them (by paypal this time!) but rest assured when they arrive I will certainly speak my mind, both to the seller and Ebay.

Unfortunately there is very little protection for buyers when it comes to shipping costs. A seller is allowed to charge as much money as he wants for shipping and choose the shipping method unless he clearly states one in his description and goes against it. If he hasn't offered combined shipping discount then there is nothing that can be done.

RokDog
27th July 2010, 07:24 PM
Or get the seller to securely tape the packages together and send it as one, rather than post them separately. Unless they're in the pre-paid satchels.

Nightscreech
5th September 2010, 10:50 PM
Shipping costs on eBay are getting crazy some sellers set the shipping charge over $30 one ive seen was $60 for a deluxe sized figure.

I really think some sort of policing needs to take place to prevent this, of the postage is 3 times the cost of the item being sent the seller is a complete and utter con artist.

Omega Supreme
5th September 2010, 11:18 PM
Problem is, that as a buyer its your choice to agree to the postage fees and as Kup mentioned if the seller hasn't offered combined shipping there is not much you can do.

5FDP
6th September 2010, 08:21 AM
Keep in mind that sometimes it might not be the sellers fault but rather the postal service.

I sold an Energon Unicron (granted, it's not deluxe size) to a board member and it cost almost $50 to have it shipped to the other side of the country. I modified the box about 4 times so that the toy box just fit inside without risk of damage.

Even when I went to my local Auspost, the guy behind the counter almost fell off his chair when he calculated the cost saying "you could ship something OS for less".

Also, some larger eBay sellers and online shops may have an account with their local postal service due to the amount that they ship which will work out cheaper for you.