PDA

View Full Version : beast wars TM2 Dinobot robot leg joints

tjparkside
28th July 2010, 02:19 AM
anyone have comments about beast wars transmetals 2 dinobots(american) robot leg ball joints????
my figure's are very loose and i have read reviews and been told that this is a common problem with this figure?-true or false??(...or can i solve this problem by purchasing a m.o.s.c figure?)
kind of over such a cool figure doing the "display splits"!!!
any help appreciated! cheers,tjparkside :)

1AZRAEL1
28th July 2010, 09:59 AM
I think it was a common design flaw. So buying MOSC won't necessarily mean you will get one that doesn't have the problem.

Simple solution that I use and alot of others use is coat the ball with clear nail polish or super glue, let it dry and then put it back in. usually does the trick. Sometimes if it is really loose, do more than one coat, but let it dry before you do more. Just don't over do it :p

Hursticon
28th July 2010, 11:16 AM
I think it was a common design flaw. So buying MOSC won't necessarily mean you will get one that doesn't have the problem.

Simple solution that I use and alot of others use is coat the ball with clear nail polish or super glue, let it dry and then put it back in. usually does the trick. Sometimes if it is really loose, do more than one coat, but let it dry before you do more. Just don't over do it :p

1AZRAEL1 is , as normal :p, right as TM2 Dinobot's legs suffer from a minor design floor but also the fact that the figure is quite top heavy.

I'd definitely suggest giving the proposed method that 1AZRAEL1 has suggested a go.

Best of luck.

tjparkside
6th August 2010, 01:19 AM
thanks for the helpful replies! i must try that method!
I am finding that i have a growing interest in figure repair &/or making figures from partial figures/parts along with helping others do the same! i should list some parts to sell(mainly beast wars) shortly!
speaking of building up a figure,this is my transmutate so far!(pic)

Hursticon
6th August 2010, 01:39 AM
thanks for the helpful replies! i must try that method!
I am finding that i have a growing interest in figure repair &/or making figures from partial figures/parts along with helping others do the same! i should list some parts to sell(mainly beast wars) shortly!
speaking of building up a figure,this is my transmutate so far!(pic)

Glad we could help. :)

Repairs and the completion of figures by repair can be quite rewarding and gratifying and I know that your help would be very much appreciated within the community.

If you've got parts that you'd be willing to part with then I'd say definitely build a list, I know many people would be curious, my self included as you wouldn't happen to have a pair of Beast Wars Ironhide clubs would you?, they're the last 2 bits I need to complete my Beast Wars Magnaboss and the 2nd and 3rd last pieces for my Beast Wars collection to be complete (In my eyes anyway :p).

Building poor old Transmutate is certainly a challenge and I wish you luck. :D
I've only been recently able to acquire her courtesy of Verno, a damn nice price too I might add considering what she goes for on eBay.

Verno
6th August 2010, 09:13 AM
Yes, I too would be very interested in what parts you may have, I like to complete incomplete 'bots myself.

Oh stop it Hursti, you're making me blush :p

GoktimusPrime
6th August 2010, 10:20 AM
The way I built Transmutate was that when news of the reissues came out, I asked for anyone who was intending on buying any of the reissues but not intending on building Transmutate to please sell me their Transmutate parts. And it worked pretty well all except for Dinobot - I couldn't find anyone who bought Dinobot who didn't want the Transmutate part. So I ended up getting a reissue Dinobot, keeping the Transmutate part, and later selling Dinobot off to someone.

So if you can't find anyone to sell you Transmutate parts, another option you might consider is just to buy the toys, keep the parts, then sell the toys second hand. I recently did the same thing with Human Alliance where I bought Bumblebee, Sideswipe and Skids - kept Epps, Mikaela and Sam, and sold the Autobots off.

tjparkside
7th August 2010, 12:26 AM
Glad we could help. :)

Repairs and the completion of figures by repair can be quite rewarding and gratifying and I know that your help would be very much appreciated within the community.

If you've got parts that you'd be willing to part with then I'd say definitely build a list, I know many people would be curious, my self included as you wouldn't happen to have a pair of Beast Wars Ironhide clubs would you?, they're the last 2 bits I need to complete my Beast Wars Magnaboss and the 2nd and 3rd last pieces for my Beast Wars collection to be complete (In my eyes anyway :p).

Building poor old Transmutate is certainly a challenge and I wish you luck. :D
I've only been recently able to acquire her courtesy of Verno, a damn nice price too I might add considering what she goes for on eBay.

it would be great to help out/be helped with parts! i will have to list some parts soon with pics,i don't have any bw ironhide parts,but i have parts of bw prowl & silverbolt from magnaboss(he's a cool figure!)it would be great to complete the beast wars collection!
transmutate is hard to complete,but when i do ,i won't have an excuse for not buying bw japan ravage!:)

tjparkside
7th August 2010, 12:40 AM
Yes, I too would be very interested in what parts you may have, I like to complete incomplete 'bots myself.

Oh stop it Hursti, you're making me blush :p

of the beast wars parts,i may have some for rattrap,terrorsaur,rhinox,tarantulas,waspinator & magnaboss(prowl & silverbolt) if you let me know which parts for those guys!:)

Verno
7th August 2010, 03:06 PM
PM'd

Lord_Zed
7th August 2010, 10:08 PM
I recently did the same thing with Human Alliance where I bought Bumblebee, Sideswipe and Skids - kept Epps, Mikaela and Sam, and sold the Autobots off.

Talk about throwing the baby out and keeping the bathwater. :D

tjparkside
29th August 2010, 02:08 AM
:D Thanks to everyone for their help with DINOBOT 2;I tried the superglue method and got top results!!-the cyber-raptor's arms sit nicely now,staying in place and when in robot mode he is much more stable while standing! The joints are now tight enough to take the figures weight and stay in a pose!! i am 100% happy with the results!!

1AZRAEL1
29th August 2010, 08:15 AM
Very good news, glad we could help.

Hursticon
29th August 2010, 09:18 AM
Excellent TJ, very glad to hear mate as TM2 Dinobot is one of my favourite Beast Wars figures and easily the best TM2 figure IMO of all. :D