PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy clamps for TF Stop Motion?

SkyWarp91
30th July 2010, 12:20 AM
Hey everyone,

Do you know where I can buy those clamps (like the metal rods, bases and clamps) used in science classes back in college? I'm thinking of buying some so that I can start some of my own TF stop motions similar to how that famous Patrick Boivin makes his stop motions (Jazz With a General Problem, Bumblebee Boy).

I know you can buy alligator clamps at Dick Smiths, but have not tried using them yet for Stop Motion. Has anyone tried animating with alligator clamps to hold their TFs? If so how did that turn out?

Skywarp

Sleeve
30th July 2010, 12:49 PM
If you have a Jaycar Electronics near you, give them a try. I'd have said Dick Smith, but they no longer deal with components and kit stuff like they used too, they're more like Harvey Norman now.

bruticus
30th July 2010, 01:15 PM
yep, i bought mine from DSE back when they werent trying hard to be like harvey norman etc...
however, if you cant find them in jaycar, you can find them in your local hobby store aswell.

now you just need a digital SLR, toy railway track, green screen, play-doh, some digital editing software and some...nah just kidding with you mate.

good luck with your project and send us a link when you're done.