PDA

View Full Version : A new Autobot confirmed...

griffin
30th July 2010, 12:29 AM
...Rollbar (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/transformers-3-autobot-rollbar-revealed-170296/) - a red jeep. In Gen1, Rollbar was a green jeep, so a partial homage.

SkyWarp91
30th July 2010, 12:33 AM
The toy for this Autobot could be interesting, maybe they'll release a repaint in green and either call it 'Jungle Roller' or 'Movie Hound' lol :D

Eruntalon
30th July 2010, 01:26 AM
That is one of the ugliest Jeep Wrangler's I have ever seen. I'm all for raised suspension and larger tires but I think it needs to be toned down a notch.

Hammerstorm
30th July 2010, 01:37 AM
The toy for this Autobot could be interesting, maybe they'll release a repaint in green and either call it 'Jungle Roller' or 'Movie Hound' lol :D

LOL or just repaint wheelie form ROTF and save some money :D

Bumbleb33
30th July 2010, 09:53 AM
Looks tough, I am loving that we are seeing some real diversity in this last film, with a Merc, a Ferrari, Chevies and Jeeps. I reckon it would be awesome if we saw a really iconic Japanese sports car like a Type R or GTR, I think that would round things out nicely.

Jaisun
30th July 2010, 10:59 AM
I'm all for raised suspension and larger tires but I think it needs to be toned down a notch.

I think that's the whole point. A toned down Jeep Wrangler would look pretty boring amongst a Corvette Stingray convertible and a Ferrari 458 Italia. And besides, a toned down Jeep wrangler is already amongst us with Alt/BT Hound/Swindle. To me it looks like it'll fit right for it's intended purpose, but not a showroom floor (except as a TF3 promo display =oP). I quite like the the surprise rear weaponry, that's a certain way to deter tailgater's =oP

One thing that seems to have escaped them is that RPM Rollbar looks nothing like this.... Soooo, it's like a re-version or something? RPM Rollbar gets blown up, so he gets remade as TF3 Rollbar...? o.O

LOL or just repaint wheelie form ROTF and save some money :D

Ew, please no... The car looks fine, but bot mode... yeah... Legends Wheelie pls... =o)

SkyWarp91
30th July 2010, 11:02 AM
I guess it's a good thing that there's more robot characters now, especially on the Autobot side (it isn't so good for my wallet hehe) but I hope these robots get more screen time and at least some character development! If not at least show each one doing a kickass/signature move!

Bartrim
30th July 2010, 11:11 AM
I
One thing that seems to have escaped them is that RPM Rollbar looks nothing like this.... Soooo, it's like a re-version or something? RPM Rollbar gets blown up, so he gets remade as TF3 Rollbar...? o.O

Thats nothing dude. Jolt actually switched allegiances between the first two movies:D

Prime_217
30th July 2010, 10:51 PM
i really do not understand why they are using the ugliest jeep ever... it looks like a really big version of wheelie, with extra large tyres.
i want to see how they incorperate those wheels into robot mode though. it may actually be a really interesting character

GoktimusPrime
6th August 2010, 09:50 AM
I can see Hasbro repainting the toy and calling it Mudslinger. :p

5FDP
6th August 2010, 10:01 AM
As reported on TFW (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/transformers-3-rollbar-gets-the-axe-170365/), he's not part of the movie and never was. Meh :rolleyes:

Sleeve
6th August 2010, 10:04 AM
Transformers Fans can cross-out Rollbar from the list of Autobots of Transformers 3 because Nelson; Administrator of MichaelBay.Com, said…

“I've just received official re-confirmation that the Jeep is not in the movie.”

This piece of story began when Nelson simultaneously commented at his site and at ours with..

"It's actually not Rollbar or a TF to being with. This Jeep has nothing to do with the TF3 production as of this moment.

A dedicated fan decided to try his luck at having his Jeep featured in TF3.
It was a publicity stunt on behalf of the owner in which "reportedly" some set people fell for. It never made it into the set. Have you seen images of it being take off the flatbed and getting prepped? No.

Have you notice that most of not all the videos have been mysteriously removed by the studio?”

cypherXR of 2005 Boards, further backed-up Nelson with “Interesting. I do find it a bit odd after speaking to the owner of the Jeep that after he told me "definitively" that it was going to be in the movie, he now says he can't comment on it at this time. Thanks for the clarification on the matter Nelson.”

Excellent. Personally I think the Jeep looked ridiculous.

EDIT: Beat me to it, 5FDP.

Grievous
6th August 2010, 06:33 PM
Personally I think the Jeep looked ridiculous.
I second that...I'd rather see a standard green Jeep with a
white star if you catch my drift...
;)

And no...I'm not throwing my Drift toy around...