PDA

View Full Version : Pics of New Generations Figures

christalcase
30th July 2010, 07:27 PM
The new Generations figures that were revealed to those attending Botcon 2010 has now been made public, with pics being taken from the Cybertron Convention.

Figures include:
- Scourge [Deluxe]
- (Special Ops) Jazz [Deluxe]
- Perceptor [Deluxe]
- (Turbo) Tracks [Deluxe]
- Thunderwing [Deluxe]
- Grapple [Voyager]
- Lugnut [Voyager]
- Windcharger [Scout]
- (Gold) Bumblebee [Legends]
- Megatron [Legends]
- Optimus Prime [Legends]
- Starscream [Legends]
- PCC Grimstone w/ Dinobots [5pk]
- PCC Steamhammer w/ Constructicons [5pk]

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/cybertron-convention-generations-scourge-jazz-thunderwing-pcc-dinobots-and-more-revealed/19409/

Paulbot
30th July 2010, 07:30 PM
Unfortunately these don't live up to what I'd imagined. :(

But nice to finally see the pics. :)

5FDP
30th July 2010, 07:34 PM
I'm actually pretty happy with these. Tracks will be bought on sight, and the legends (especially Megatron) are must haves.

"Gold Bumblebee"... call it what it is - Goldbug :rolleyes:

TheFallen
30th July 2010, 07:40 PM

That is exactly how I feel. Mind you these are just panel pics and will probably look better when Hasbro does their photoshop official pics.

I am sure I will like them more as I get used to them

loophole
30th July 2010, 07:41 PM
Windcharger and Grapple are gonna be bought on sight!!

the other figs i think i might have to wait and see i think, those picture make them look a bit odd

Sky Shadow
30th July 2010, 07:42 PM

Ditto. Weirdly, the only 'must have' for me is Grimstone and the Dinobots. Even Lugnut is a disapp... (No, I can't bring myself to say it. :p)

Paulbot
30th July 2010, 07:48 PM
And in person too. There seems to be unfortunate poses.

Grapple and the Powercore Dinobots do look best of this lot.

Blink90210
30th July 2010, 07:49 PM

agreed. But all the G1 homages will be bought of course. Let's hope we get Trailbreaker and Wheeljack now to get all the original Autobot cars.

Sam
30th July 2010, 07:57 PM
I didn't know that in the 'official' storyline, the Dinobots combined. But it looks interesting.

kup
30th July 2010, 08:00 PM
I am happy we are getting a Classics Jazz, Tracks, Perceptor, Grapple and Scourge but wish Thunderwing was made at least a Voyager. I also like Scout Windcharger.

Lugnut looks like crap. I hope he is severe mistransformed or they should fire whoever approved that Robot mode.

Don't care about the PCCs

I didn't know that in the 'official' storyline, the Dinobots combined. But it looks interesting.

I don't think they are meant to be G1

Sky Shadow
30th July 2010, 08:02 PM

It's from the Powercore Combinersverse.

And you may want to avert your eyes, but this (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/1/10/Butwhy.gif) is technically 'official'.

kup
30th July 2010, 08:06 PM
It's from the Powercore Combinersverse.

And you may want to avert your eyes, but this (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/1/10/Butwhy.gif) is technically 'official'.

Thankfully it's from a forgotten Microcontinuity :p

BigPenney
30th July 2010, 08:15 PM
:( My poor wallet. :p
I think these all look good (although I think Perceptors legs look a little weird, I hope its miss-transformed or just a bad photo) and I'm going to have to get all of them.

Tetsuwan Convoy
30th July 2010, 08:18 PM
That is exactly how I feel. Mind you these are just panel pics and will probably look better when Hasbro does their photoshop official pics.

I am sure I will like them more as I get used to them

We hope, Hasbro still manage to mistransform a lot of their own stuff. Looks like DInobots will be the only PCC group I buy.

Most of it looks rather cool, and if it doesn't I am going to be optimistic and put it down to bad posing/mistransformation (I am looking at you Perceptor and Lugnuts). I hope and prey;) that lugnuts is mistransformed, coz otherwised.... They did such a good job on Luckdown as well I was excited...

Thunderwing was a surprise for me! Quite pleased indeed.

kup
30th July 2010, 08:19 PM
:( My poor wallet. :p
I think these all look good (although I think Perceptors legs look a little weird, I hope its miss-transformed or just a bad photo) and I'm going to have to get all of them.

Several of them are mistransformed. Look at Track's wings folded up on the sides of his torso. That doesn't look right.

Why can't Hasbro be more like the Japanese and take good pictures of their toys? Is it really that hard?

1AZRAEL1
30th July 2010, 08:21 PM
I am happy we are getting a Classics Jazz, Tracks, Perceptor, Grapple and Scourge but wish Thunderwing was made at least a Voyager. I also like Scout Windcharger.

Don't care about the PCCs

I agree, I'll be buying most of them. PCC and the Lugnut don't interest me either.

liegeprime
30th July 2010, 08:23 PM
Just hoping that those photos are but initial test toys, coz darn, as excited I am on the G1 homages, they all seem underwhelming :(. Ah well at lest were getting G1 homages.... add to the wishlist of Trailbreaker and Wheeljack - Classics style Kup, Brawn, Gears, Tailgate ( possible repaint for Windcharger- new headmold of course) Pipes and Huffer.
IN liegeverse Legends Bumblebee is Hubcap:p as I consider Classics Bee the only BBee in that line. Now we get Goldbug, bring on the rest of the Throttlebots then!:D

SharkyMcShark
30th July 2010, 08:34 PM
I'm very very excited for Lugnut and Windcharger. Perceptor is looking really good aswell - I hope they give him an AHM style sniper rifle and eyepiece (or at least include the rifle - although that said you could just as easily use Blurr's).

Jazz looks too much like the Smokescreen/Prowl/Silverstreak mold, which was one that I really didn't like (and also mistransformed - look at his torso, I'm assuming it's not just a gap in the real thing). Thunderwing actually looks quite nice although if his legs just hang out the back of his vehicle mode like that then it's a bit of a fatal flaw (again I'm assuming some rampant mistransformation has gone on here). Tracks' arms look a bit weedy (and his backpack is again mistransformed). If I had to rank them

Very excited: Lugnut, Windcharger, Perceptor

Reasonably anticipating: Thunderwing, Tracks, Legends Megatron (finally something for my MP figures to play with!)

Unfussed: Jazz, Scourge

Absolutely no volition to get: Other legends, Hoist.

SharkyMcShark
30th July 2010, 08:35 PM
To be honest my fancy was a lot more tickled by last years batch of announcements (The NEST Alliance figures)

Bartrim
30th July 2010, 08:44 PM
I'll get all the G1 homages. Not sure about Thunderwing. I think he deserved a bigger size class. I'll wait and see.

Generally I'm not interested in PCC but I like the dinobots

MV75
30th July 2010, 08:44 PM
Wow @ tracks. Looks frigging awesome.

Scourge: Robot looks ok.
Jazz: Looks pretty good both ways. I absolutely love its g1 style transformation. That just rocks that they finally hit generations on the head.
Perceptor: Robot looks ok.
Thunderwing: Who?
Grapple: Nice. I'm a fan of that mold.
Lugnut: Who?
Windcharger: Again, loving the g1 styled transformation. Finally kids are getting something that looks good and has play battle value. EG: not a puzzle.
Legends: Megatron is cool. Screamer looks good as plane. WST prime looks better than that legends prime. WST has a gun at least.

Tallestblue
30th July 2010, 08:47 PM
*GIRLISH SHRIEK OF JOY!!!*

Ode to a Grasshopper
30th July 2010, 08:55 PM
PCC Dinobots look interesting, I can't recall any dimetrodon or parasaurolophus TFs before.
Meh on Windcharger and Grapple.
Might pick up 'gold Bumblebee', though right now I'm leaning more towards just trying to repaint a Hubcap as Goldbug myself.
Pass on Jazz (am happy with Animated Jazz), though it looks like a good homage. Will stick to my reissue Perceptor too, though it might make a good Snowcat.
Tracks looks good.
Not totally sold on Thunderwing, will wait and see but the Deluxe class thing is quite disappointing.
Will probably grab Scourge.
Poor Lugnut, unless that's really, really mistransformed I can't see it living up to the beauty that is his Animated namesake.

Hursticon
30th July 2010, 08:56 PM
Can't wait to get my hands on Jazz, Tracks, Perceptor, Windcharger and Goldbug. :eek::eek::eek:

Grapple I'll buy but, he really does just look like a retooled/repaint for the sake of a retooled/repaint if you know what I mean.

Scourge looks really interesting and I like his re-imagined alt mode, but his bot mode looks to be a little square?, I'll be damn getting him though - great character and he'll definitely go well with his 2 amigos. :)

I have to agree with Kup here, Thunderwing as a Voyager mold would of been nicer but we get what we're given I guess. :(

The G1 Legends Optimus and Megatron I'll give more time to grow on me but at the moment they're a pass, I love my WST Prime and Megs too much. :p

The PCC Dinobots actually look pretty cool, the only cool PCC so far IMO. :D

lol at Lugnut, that looks hilariously horrendous!. :D:p

MV75
30th July 2010, 08:59 PM
Hang on, so the lugnut is supposed to be animated lugnut? Man, that thing is still in stores. WTF is it doing in generations as an inferior looking toy?

griffin
30th July 2010, 09:10 PM
Hang on, so the lugnut is supposed to be animated lugnut? Man, that thing is still in stores. WTF is it doing in generations as an inferior looking toy?

Generations is only Deluxe Class, every other class show at this panel (and at BotCon) is an Autobot Alliance toy. Lugnut is a voyger 'homage' to Animated Lugnut, like Lockdown.

Check my report for where (http://www.toycollectors.com.au/bc10/bc10hd.html)each will be going.

Plus, it is worth noting, that BotCon only showed the concept designs, not the prototypes that this Chinese Convention is showing. More interesting, but as noted, more likely to be mis-transformed. The colours aren't as bright, but could just be these photos.

MV75
30th July 2010, 09:20 PM
Lugnut is a voyger 'homage' to Animated Lugnut, like Lockdown.

Lockdown was always deluxe lockdown. ;)

But there we have my confusion. Why is there a "homage" to a character that is still hot on shelves and a voyager in itself?

What possible braincell did someone fire off that day when they decided that animated lugnut deserved a new mold? I mean, C'MON! :eek:

griffin
30th July 2010, 09:34 PM
Lockdown is a new mould, and same size class as the animated version. Same with Lugnut - it is a new mould, and same size class.
It also happened with Blackout, but in reverse.
I don't like it either, as these characters are being 'cloned' into a separate universe, as if people at Hasbro ran out of ideas.

SpeedBreaker
30th July 2010, 09:38 PM
None of them look that great to be honest. :(

kup
30th July 2010, 09:41 PM
None of them look that great to be honest. :(

Maybe the third parties will save us :)

*Kup gets banned* :p

SamLoi888
30th July 2010, 09:46 PM
The photos look crap but the figures will look a lot better in real life.

Robzy
30th July 2010, 09:52 PM
Wicked - very happy to see Jazz, Tracks, Grapple & Scourge. The Legends look great too (esp Megatron - wow!), and I don't mind Perceptor and Windcharger either.

All we need now is a "Classics" Wheeljack, Trailbreaker, Blitzwing & Shockwave and I'll be happy.

Hursticon
30th July 2010, 09:57 PM
Wicked - very happy to see Jazz, Tracks, Grapple & Scourge. The Legends look great too (esp Megatron - wow!), and I don't mind Perceptor and Windcharger either.

All we need now is a "Classics" Wheeljack, Trailbreaker, Blitzwing & Shockwave and I'll be happy.

+1 Blitzwing, Shockwave & Wheeljack. :D

kup
30th July 2010, 10:07 PM
+1 Blitzwing, Shockwave & Wheeljack. :D

Contemporary Hasbro doing a triple changer...I am not sure about that.

Hursticon
30th July 2010, 10:14 PM
Contemporary Hasbro doing a triple changer...I am not sure about that.

I know, but I can dream... :p

Vector Sigma 13
30th July 2010, 10:47 PM
I like quite afew of these!

liegeprime
30th July 2010, 10:54 PM
I know, but I can dream... :p

well it is free :D;)

and +1 for me too on Blitzy and Shockwave, forgot about them... while were at it though contemporary Hasbro gave us Octankor which is a 3 changer ( albeit a weak one IMO) so it is possible... then Hasbro decides Blitzy should be Voyager and throws all our sizing out of whack hahahahahahah.

You can join us (HD and I) in the basement kup :p

snaketales
30th July 2010, 11:05 PM
Scourge's robot mode looked a bit blocky to me.
Perceptor's botmode reminded me of the TRU-exclusive Countdown, while his vehicle mode reminded me of that red Decepticon who was in the first wave of PCC two-packs.

My wallet is going to take a hammering.

Wheel-J
30th July 2010, 11:18 PM
Generations is only Deluxe Class, every other class show at this panel (and at BotCon) is an Autobot Alliance toy.

These packaging terms - Generations, HFTD, Autobot Alliance - could sometimes be confusing or misleading. Maybe it's just only a typo that the news link from the first post mentioned Scout Windcharger and the Legend figures are "Generations" which are suppose to be in yellow packaging (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8131&highlight=autobot+alliance&page=3) if the Generations are indeed only a deluxe class series. ;)

Lint
30th July 2010, 11:38 PM
What possible braincell did someone fire off that day when they decided that animated lugnut deserved a new mold? I mean, C'MON! :eek:

Its a fuzzy photo but there is not a lot of lugnuttiness in that mold for me to be convinced it is a true homage. My speculation is that it is a generic 'large aircraft' design concept that probably didn't make it into the ROTF line.

They could have tooled any head for the toy, the question of 'why lugnut' still remains a mystery :p Maybe they had a mental blank as to what other TF characters are large bomber type aircraft?

griffin
31st July 2010, 12:02 AM
These packaging terms - Generations, HFTD, Autobot Alliance - could sometimes be confusing or misleading. Maybe it's just only a typo that the news link from the first post mentioned Scout Windcharger and the Legend figures are "Generations" which are suppose to be in yellow packaging (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8131&highlight=autobot+alliance&page=3) if the Generations are indeed only a deluxe class series. ;)

Hasbro in China should be the same as everywhere else, so it is more likely anyone saying these are all Generations toys, just isn't yet aware of the difference/class restriction. And any of the slides that don't have 'Generations' on it (even most of the Deluxe toys), are likely to be in the (yellow) Autobot Alliance packaging. The same thing was on our BotCon slides, suggesting that only Scourge, Thunderwing and Jazz (of the Chinese Panel toys) are in Generations.

FFN
31st July 2010, 03:53 AM
These are mostly horribly mistransformed images. I don't even think Lugnut's torso is locked down, which is partly why he seems so lanky.

On AC toys there's a pic of Hisashi Yuki (TakaraTomy designer, guy in the middle of the panel) looking at the photo of Scourge with his disconnected arms and it's like he's thinking "how the hell did you guys transform him like that?"

Of course, these photos seem to be from earlier hand-painted samples were the joints may not all work/even be there, so it's possible Hasbro didn't want to force parts - they've lately been getting better at Transforming toys for photos.

For the supernerds (like me)
About Scourge's Gun That Looks Like Fracas - this is amusingly insane now - Universe Cyclonus came with Nightstick, based on the cartoon/comic model. However, back in the 80s, Nightstick and Fracas' character models were swapped around by accident somehow, so Cyclonus actually carried around a guy named Nightstick, but actually looks like Fracas.

This time, Hasbro based Generations Scourge's gun based on Fracas' toy..... meaning both of them are carrying around Fracas while Nightstick's design has been forgotten :(

orionpax1
31st July 2010, 10:12 AM
awesome more generations and a broken wallet by the end of it, will definatley get the generations/classics bots dont care about the crappy PCC line.

Zippo
31st July 2010, 10:29 AM
My thoughts.

The Dinobot combiner - looks good so far.
Perceptor - good idea for an alt mode, and the robot mode looks great. (Although there seems to be a few mis-transformations around the slides)
Lugnut - meh
Jazz - about time! Looks fantiastic.
Scourge - probably the one Generations figure I haven't fallen in love with at first glance
Legends G1 - sweet
Thunderwing - looks ok
Tracks - alt mode looks a little strange, but the robot looks fantastic
Windcharger - basic Scout concept, but looks good
Grapple - too similar to Inferno, but still looks great
Constructicons - meh

Generations and Classics molds though will be brought on sight, without out any questions. AA/HFTD stuff though is a different story.

gdmetro
31st July 2010, 10:42 AM
Sweet!!

Cant wait for the generations figures.... JAZZ!!!

Definitely cant complain.

Hope they look better than the pics shown here, once nicer close up pics are available.

GoktimusPrime
31st July 2010, 11:29 AM
Cant wait for the generations figures.... JAZZ!!!
+1. :cool:

I wish I'd known this before I bought Universe Legends Jazz... oh well. If I could predict the future I'd be retired now and living a Lotto Life. :p

Hursticon
31st July 2010, 12:30 PM
I wish I'd known this before I bought Universe Legends Jazz...

I'm in the same boat Goki, It's for this reason I never bought the Legends Class Hound. :p

Ode to a Grasshopper
31st July 2010, 12:46 PM
+1. :cool:

I wish I'd known this before I bought Universe Legends Jazz... oh well. If I could predict the future I'd be retired now and living a Lotto Life. :pI sorta wish Windcharger was a Legends, I really like the Legends size for updated minibots.
'Bigger' characters Legends versions only ever struck me as good for posing with citybots.

Sky Shadow
31st July 2010, 01:11 PM
I wish I'd known this before I bought Universe Legends Jazz.

Yes, I'm sure you lost a fortune on that purchase. :p

Gutsman Heavy
31st July 2010, 02:47 PM
Hot piss, these are AWESOME!

those G1 legends. wow.

King Atlas
31st July 2010, 05:41 PM
Hmm, not as solid as I thought, but these are poor quality pictures (plus mis-transformation on some)

Jazz - Yeah, it's g1 Jazz and I'll be glad to have him but nothing special IMO.

Thunderwing - The legs sticking out look weak, but Im sure it's not the correct transformation.

Perceptor - Alt mode is the let down. I think they should have tried nother alt mode rather than another car-based vechile mode (don't care if it's not microscope though).

Grapple - I really don't care for the character or mould. This is meh to me...

Tracks - Not sure about this. The alt mode is spot on to me but the robot mode is confusing to look at.

Scourge - Im not really impressed with this one. And this was the one I was waiting for. I may be in the minority, but I prefer the botcon version, so far. I doubt I'll change my mind after better photos but we will see....

Dinobots - Look very interesting, but I don't collect PCC.

Wonder if there will be henkei versions of some of these.....

i_amtrunks
31st July 2010, 06:04 PM
Ditto. Weirdly, the only 'must have' for me is Grimstone and the Dinobots. Even Lugnut is a disapp... (No, I can't bring myself to say it. :p)

Im hoping the un-mistransformed pics of Lugnut are better. Good to see Animated designs like Luggy and Locdown getting wider use in other toylines.

Grimstone looks fantastic, that'll be my first 5 pack PCC figure for sure. And the legends are all very smish.

Not 100% sold on a number of the generations figures, but again, I think that is more because of their being mistransformed. (Thunderwings feet hanging out the back of his jet mode looks hilarious)

liegeprime
31st July 2010, 07:09 PM
I guess with TF Animated dead, they stilll wanted to use the modern design concept for Perceptor, so They used it ( albeit losing the TFA trademark quirky look) and did it in Generations style....Hope there's going to be better pics soon.

llamatron
31st July 2010, 07:19 PM
Based off what I remember from the concept art / prototypes shown at botcon it seems that all the robot modes are severely mis-transformed.

GoktimusPrime
31st July 2010, 07:24 PM
Thunderwing looks fail IMO. :/

optimus1
31st July 2010, 08:47 PM
Finally some pics!
Here are some of my comments so far:

Jazz - spot on! Finally in Generations the way I like!
The ultimate modern version for me though would be Jazz as an Alternity size 911 GT3 :)

Tracks - love the alt mode. Can't wait to see his winged car mode (if he still will have them)

Perceptor - a bit mixed on him but still a still a pick up

Windcharger - love him as scout sized. Perhaps the first in several G1 scout sized figures?

Grapple - love the mold, love the character. Now where is Hoist??

Thunderwing - ok but not as inspiring as character/toy compared to Bludgeon IMHO. This should have been voyager sized.

Scourge - love the bot mode, his stealth jet is probably a bit too bright coloured to be truly 'stealthy' though. Still a must have to complete the '86 movie trio.

PCC Dinobots - I love them! I will get these along with the Stunticon(Destrons) set.
Now when will they announce the Predacons, Terrorcons and Technobots in PCC?? :p

Tallestblue
31st July 2010, 08:59 PM
Why don't people put their "Extra" Legends with their Unicron toys? That's what I do with mine. Yay teeny Optimus Megs and Starscream!

kup
31st July 2010, 09:12 PM
Why don't people put their "Extra" Legends with their Unicron toys? That's what I do with mine. Yay teeny Optimus Megs and Starscream!

I thought about that as well as putting them with the city bots. When it comes to my Unicron display, putting the Legends in kinda disrupts my current display theme but if I decide to change that, I will consider it.

Ode to a Grasshopper
31st July 2010, 10:04 PM
TFW2005 has bigger/clearer pics up.

liegeprime
31st July 2010, 10:32 PM

I put my WST megs, Prime with the homage shelf - From Masterpiece to BW to G1 all Megs/All Screamer and All Prime. That teeny Starscream would fit perfectly on the shoulder with the modern day Bruticus (after I order NOt swindle and not Blast-Off to make my Universe Combaticons into Not Bruticus)

My Unicron Shelves are reserved for his
"minions/agents" = The Fallen,Univ. Ramjet, Sideways - various versions, Nemesis Primes, Cyb Soundwave, Univ. Razorclaw , Cyb. Scorponok
Horde = Cybertron Scrapmetals, Energon Terrorcon clones
horsemen = Armada figs 4 horsemen,
acolytes/fanatics = Cybertron Unicron tanks,
Predator scavengers = Quintessons

yes, liegeverse is not so simple but there is a method in my universe:D;)

GoktimusPrime
1st August 2010, 08:42 AM
Windcharger doesn't look much like G1 Windcharger to me. If they didn't call that toy Windcharger I wouldn't have known it was meant to be him. :/

Why don't people put their "Extra" Legends with their Unicron toys?
I display my toy according to 'series' - so my Universe Jazz is on my Classics Autobots shelf. Unicron is too big to fit onto my Armada shelf, so he, Primus and Darth Vader/Death Star are on another shelf for planetformers. Also, scale isn't something that I'm really fussed about anyway (and even if I were, the Legends are just too big -- think of the scene from TFTM where Unicron holds Galvatron between his fingertips, and Galvatron is considerably larger than Jazz). So yeah, my Classics Autobot shelf is crowded enough as it is, and I don't see the need to keep both a Legends and Deluxe sized Jazz. Having said that, I do have both Legends and Deluxe Hound. :p I display the Deluxe in robot mode and the Legends in vehicle mode, so I might do that with Jazz if I can manage to find the space... if not, then I'll be selling off some Legends.

MV75
1st August 2010, 09:07 AM
Windcharger doesn't look much like G1 Windcharger to me. If they didn't call that toy Windcharger I wouldn't have known it was meant to be him. :/

Really? The colour and the back of it give it away pretty well.

I'm also liking what looks like a rub symbol return.

Doubledealer
1st August 2010, 12:29 PM
Oooh, new toys! :D I'm with MV75, Tracks looks absolutely brilliant! Also loving the new legends, Megs in particular. Glad to hear Lugnut is severely mistransformed as he deserves the same star treatment Lockdown received earlier in the year.

A few sore points - Jazz looks just shy of perfection because of that really plain/blocky mid-torso. It was a similar story for Alternator Jazz but I think it sticks out even more on this Generations toy. After the loving pat on the head that was Universe Cyclonus, Generations Scourge feels like a bitch slap from Primus himself. What did we do wrong, Hasbro?

SuspectimusPrime
1st August 2010, 12:58 PM
What a beautiful showcase! So glad to see another Decepticon general - Thunderwing! Must get! Very interested to see if they actually molded Generations Targetmaster Scourge with pink fingernails :confused:

So glad to see an Animated Perceptor is being portrayed! He'll be definitely stand with the the rest of my animated elite guard!

Hope PCC Grimstone w/Dinobots and Steamhammer w/Constructicons don't get all recoloured like the PCC Wave 3 releases... was initially disappointed when I saw those pics. However, Crankcase w/Destrons is masterful!

kup
1st August 2010, 01:20 PM
I think Perceptor is actually representing the G1 character but updated based on the Animated character model. He is not Animated.

GoktimusPrime
1st August 2010, 10:45 PM
Yeah, Perceptor seems to be a hybrid G1/Animated tribute... which is neat. Now if only they'd give us more Animated-tribute toys, like say Omega Supreme and the Constructicons...

autobreadticon
2nd August 2010, 01:34 AM
wow if you look careful on g1 perceptor you see he has tank treads and also a reference to his appearance in animated, damn it looks so dodgy and lazy.. where did they come up with this concept

Lord_Zed
2nd August 2010, 01:18 PM
Well I'll give Hasbro the benefit of the doubt this time and say these new TF's look pretty good, some nice character choices too.

Thunderwing is the one that most gets my attention. I hope/imagine Thunderwings legs fold up into his jet mode, and Hasbro just hire dumb bored photographers.

I don't really care if Thunderwing isn't a Voyager, cause Voyagers are to much of a rip off these days anyway. I'm just happy Hasbro have atempted it. Couple that with Drift and Straxusmount and it's almost like they've acknowledged that there are TF characters outside of the toon people want toys of.

Not while the average cost is $70 a TF they wont. :p

GoktimusPrime
2nd August 2010, 01:48 PM
wow if you look careful on g1 perceptor you see he has tank treads
Yeah, G1 Perceptor's always had a tank (officially a mobile laboratory (http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/6/6d/G1toy-Perceptor.jpg)) mode, although with Magnificus it's a tank mode (http://www.tfu.info/2005/Destron/Magnificus/vehiclemode2.jpg) and Gamede is the tank driver. I don't think Perceptor ever used his tank mode in the cartoon or comics, but he did occasionally fire from his scope-cannon in microscope mode, like in Target: 2006 when he combined fire with other Autobots against Galvatron.

where did they come up with this concept
I'd say they wanted to make a "Classics" Perceptor, and saw an opportunity to kinda give us an Animated Perceptor (as a compromise since Animated is now finished). It was probably a marketing decision to make him a vehicle rather than a microscope as it may be more appealing to kids these days.

It reminds me of Peter Parker in Ultimate Spiderman; in the old comics Peter Parker was a science nerd who'd use microscopes and chemistry sets - but to make him more relatable to kids today they made him a computer/internet nerd.

kup
2nd August 2010, 01:52 PM
I think of the 'tank' mode as Perceptor's Cybertronian mode :)

dirge
2nd August 2010, 01:55 PM
I like Tracks & Thunderwing. As Lord Zed kinda alluded to, Thunderwing has me interested purely because it's Thunderwing.

christalcase
3rd August 2010, 09:04 AM
seems like some of the other size classes could be released under Generations yet, as the convention revealed a subline for it called "Reveal the Shield", apparently the legends are going to be released under this banner.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/generations-subline-reveal-the-shield/19438/

JuzMel
3rd August 2010, 09:54 AM
Liking Jazz, Tracks, Grapple and the Dinobots although I wonder why they are not named as the G1 figures. How did Grimlock become Grimstone?

Ooh and I like the whole back drop setting of that giant Bumblebee and Prime at the back. :D

Sleeve
3rd August 2010, 10:30 AM
seems like some of the other size classes could be released under Generations yet, as the convention revealed a subline for it called "Reveal the Shield", apparently the legends are going to be released under this banner.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/generations-subline-reveal-the-shield/19438/

Rubsigns it is then.

Paulbot
3rd August 2010, 10:37 AM
... and the Dinobots although I wonder why they are not named as the G1 figures. How did Grimlock become Grimstone?

To avoid angry fans! Grimstone is the triceratops-like central robot. People would be sending Hasbro death threats if they released a Grimlock dinosaur toy that was a tyrannosaurus. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

kup
3rd August 2010, 11:26 AM
Why do they make it so confusing with so many sublines for basically the same range of toys?

Lord_Zed
3rd August 2010, 01:11 PM
Cause they gotta be new and exciting to get the kids attention, so that means constantly changing the packaging and redubbing the line under a new name.

kup
3rd August 2010, 02:08 PM
Cause they gotta be new and exciting to get the kids attention, so that means constantly changing the packaging and redubbing the line under a new name.

These lines are being released simultaneously.

Bartrim
3rd August 2010, 02:32 PM
they can call the lines whatever they want. I don't really care. It's the figures I'm interested in.

kup
3rd August 2010, 02:54 PM
they can call the lines whatever they want. I don't really care. It's the figures I'm interested in.

Same goes with me, I even reassign figures from a different lines which I believed should have released in another. However I have seen some fans who are very strict when it comes to official line assignation, specially in their displays and this will certainly not make it easy for them.

Ode to a Grasshopper
3rd August 2010, 03:01 PM
Extrapolating from something Griff reported from a Botcon question about Generations/Autobot Alliance, apparently a lot of it's to do with retailers being more inclined to put up more display space for multiple lines, even if they're not that different in practice.

kup
3rd August 2010, 03:08 PM
Extrapolating from something Griff reported from a Botcon question about Generations/Autobot Alliance, apparently a lot of it's to do with retailers being more inclined to put up more display space for multiple lines, even if they're not that different in practice.

So it's just Hasbro pandering to Walmart :rolleyes:

Deonasis
3rd August 2010, 03:59 PM
I'm still disappointed with the classic figures being mostly deluxe size. Thunderwing would have been sweet as a Voyager. I guess I gotta get an Energon Megatron and repurpose him.

SkyWarp91
3rd August 2010, 04:09 PM
I'm still disappointed with the classic figures being mostly deluxe size. Thunderwing would have been sweet as a Voyager. I guess I gotta get an Energon Megatron and repurpose him.

The one annoying thing about Voyager toys however is that they can cost up to an extra $20-25 for just being just a little bit bigger...

dirge
3rd August 2010, 04:35 PM
The one annoying thing about Voyager toys however is that they can cost up to an extra $20-25 for just being just a little bit bigger...

I agree. I was quite annoyed that Bludgeon was released as a voyager & not a deluxe - there's not really twice the complexity/engineering/display value even though they're typicall twice the price of deluxes. Mind you, I tend to prefer scout/deluxe sized TFs anyway.

Deonasis
3rd August 2010, 05:44 PM

True, they are too expensive. So I wish for better choices for Voyager moulds (Galvatron/Thunderwing instead of Silverbolt/Powerglide). But there are reasons for their choices and I'm just crying over spilt milk.

Jazz and Perceptor look good!
I hope the wings on Scourge can fold down a bit.

Tetsuwan Convoy
3rd August 2010, 05:55 PM
I hope the wings on Scourge can fold down a bit.

I have a feeling that Scourge is one of the worst off in the mistransfomation stakes in that lot... His shoulders aren't even attached to his torso.. Poor guy, Unicron or Galvatron must have been angry!

Lord_Zed
3rd August 2010, 07:56 PM
I agree. I was quite annoyed that Bludgeon was released as a voyager & not a deluxe - there's not really twice the complexity/engineering/display value even though they're typicall twice the price of deluxes. Mind you, I tend to prefer scout/deluxe sized TFs anyway.

Me three, I'm so very glad the new line is deluxe centric. With the exceptions of some well executed toys like Binaltechs, Masterpieces and Buster Prime, I find the only TF's that feel worth their price point are Deluxe or smaller.

Besides most G1 characters that people want to be larger where never that big in the comic or toon anyway, both of which were notorious for frequently changing the height of characters to suit the story or artists needs.

Grievous
7th August 2010, 08:44 PM
I will be adding Scourge, Jazz, Thunderwing, Windcharger, PCC Dinobots and
Constructicons to my collection...
:D

Lugnut looks awful...
:(

And I'll hold my opinion on Perceptor until a later date...
:confused:

kup
7th August 2010, 08:52 PM
Lugnut may still be salvageable. He could just be severely mistransformed.

griffin
8th August 2010, 03:38 AM
So it's just Hasbro pandering to Walmart :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, that's pretty much how it is now for the toy companies... prioritising short to mid-term sales at the expense of longevity of a toyline. All the retailers want is something new and fresh on their shelves every month or two - and that sort of turnover means core characters are either short-lived or redone in odd colours that don't even relate to their related medium (cartoon, comic, game, etc).

liegeprime
8th August 2010, 10:49 AM
Lugnut may still be salvageable. He could just be severely mistransformed.

JUst add a hat :p;)

it will then satisfy Walmart oooh new toy looksie its Lugnut with a new Atomic colored hat:p:D

1AZRAEL1
8th August 2010, 10:59 AM
JUst add a hat :p;)

it will then satisfy Walmart oooh new toy looksie its Lugnut with a new Atomic colored hat:p:D

Saying it like that reminds me of Peter Boyle as Frankenstein's monster in in Young Frankenstein.

"Putting on the riiiiiiittzz" :p

Does look well mistransformed.

Hursticon
12th August 2010, 03:04 AM
Courtesy of TFW2005.com (http://www.tfw2005.com/), some new Official pics of the upcoming waves of Generations figures (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/new-official-transformers-generations-images-170404/).

Ooh damn I want these so bad, why have we not got them yet?, man I'm gonna be laybying a lot in the future. :p:D

5FDP
12th August 2010, 09:06 AM
WFC Megs and Soundwave will so be bought :cool: Looking forward to getting my hands on Dirge as well... he completes my conehead seekers :D