Toy Review - Mudslinger w/ Destructicons

Series - Power Core Combiners
Sub-line - 5-pack
Size - Commander w/ Drones
New/remould/redeco - New
Wave - 2
Released here - July 2010
Approximate Retail Price - $35-40
Approximate Size - 10cm (Mudslinger), 3-5cm (Destructicon Drones)
Allegiance - Decepticon
Alt-mode - Offroad Monster Truck (Mudslinger), Monster Trucks (Drones)
Main Features/Gimmicks - Combiner
Main Colours - Green, blue, black (Mudslinger), Grey, white, bronze, red(Drones)
Main Accessories - none

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/tftoys/pcc07.jpg

BigPenney
31st July 2010, 06:15 PM
I got Mudslinger the other day along with Double clutch, he was definitely the one I was expecting the most from and I wasn't disappointed.

In robot mode Mudslinger is well articulated like the other PCC commanders however the balls for his elbow joints are positioned slightly on the inside of the arm so the arms can't be straight i.e. they curve inwards slightly and while I understand this is for his other modes, it was the only thing that disappointed me a little.

In combined mode he is awesome.
I would say he is the second widest (next to Smolder) however hes is definitely the most articulated (at least in the arms). He has the regular PCC combined articulation plus (due to his transformation) he can raise/lower his shoulders (like shrugging) and move them forwards and backwards.

Like Double Clutch, his drones are much better and more stable than the first wave of drones and like Double Clutch, one of my leg drones had trouble auto transforming (I think i just had a bit of bad luck that day :().

jaina85
1st August 2010, 02:28 PM
i'm not in the habit of returning things, but my luck with quality control must be terrible! first the bumblebee with the little black grill piece, and now both new sets of PCCs -

the truck drone for this set was so incredibly loose that it would just not stay attached to any peg, nor would the smaller robot head push down for vehicle mode!

for the rallybots, the left arm was just far too loose to peg in for combiner mode, resulting in the whole arm just flopping around.

compared to the price of the smaller sets, these large packs are hardly worth it at the best of times, and especially not with such flaws :(

SkyWarp91
1st August 2010, 06:15 PM
i'm not in the habit of returning things, but my luck with quality control must be terrible! first the bumblebee with the little black grill piece, and now both new sets of PCCs -

the truck drone for this set was so incredibly loose that it would just not stay attached to any peg, nor would the smaller robot head push down for vehicle mode!

for the rallybots, the left arm was just far too loose to peg in for combiner mode, resulting in the whole arm just flopping around.

compared to the price of the smaller sets, these large packs are hardly worth it at the best of times, and especially not with such flaws :(

I've noticed that there's been an increase in poor quality control of the toys within the last few months with the Generations, HTFD and PCC toys.. ..I bought a HTFD Crankstart that had a missing ankle axis, and my Generations thrust felt really loose/flimsy. I hope they improve whatever is going wrong over at production.

Back to the topic, I actually like the look of this PCC, especially the combined mode head. Although it doesn't look like your traditional TF head, it is unique and that is what I like about it. The biggest problem with the PCC commander figures is that they don't have a proper rear to their alt modes, all of them just have an exposed rear where the head can be seen or the combiner joints are showing. Maybe an add-on piece that conceals these sights could have been added on?