PDA

View Full Version : Identity of Nascar Trio revealed - SPOILERS

Sleeve
31st July 2010, 09:43 AM
Nelson; the administrator of MichaelBay.com, visited our boards and announced that the famous Transformers 3 NASCAR Trio are indeed The Wreckers.

We wish to thank, Mr. Nelson Lauren for this exclusive piece of news.

We do believe The Wreckers need no introduction. But, just in case...

The Wreckers are a sub-team of Autobots in the Transformers Universe, functioning essentially as a commando unit. They were created by Marvel UK writer, Simon Furman. The Wreckers are called upon whenever the odds of success are slim.

We end this article with the famous quote... "Wreck & Rule!!!"

So much for my hope of them being Decepticons, but then again I think their entire aesthtetic is out of place and it's just another way for Bay to dump a massive amount of product placement in his movie.

Bartrim
31st July 2010, 10:05 AM
No mention as to their individual names

Zippo
31st July 2010, 10:33 AM
How many Autobots do the Autobots need!

To many characters already in this film. Means little to no character development.

Paulbot
31st July 2010, 11:11 AM
They could be this movie's Arcee in terms or role and lack of names in the movie. Expect to only get toys of two of them and the third to be a repaint :p

SharkyMcShark
31st July 2010, 11:56 AM
Why is my reaction to most TF news these days either enjoying fan overreaction on TFW or feeling slightly underwhelmed by photos of new toys?

I think I'm getting old.

MV75
31st July 2010, 03:23 PM
No mention as to their individual names

Crash, smash and boom.

Sleeve
31st July 2010, 03:57 PM
Crash, smash and boom.

Far too original for Bay. :p

Skullcruncher
31st July 2010, 05:13 PM
They could have been following shockwave and now landed on earth for a final battle! :cool:

i_amtrunks
31st July 2010, 05:55 PM
So much for hoping for Autobots with no land based alt modes.

Wonder what "original" names they will be given?

griffin
31st July 2010, 06:24 PM
So much for my hope of them being Decepticons,

Where does it say that they are Autobots? That's just the fans on tfw2005 assuming that 'Wreckers' equals 'Autobots'. Chances are that they are Autobots or Autobot-alligned human vehicles, because the name would be from Hasbro, who would have also told Bay that it is an Autobot term. But with Bay in charge, his creative control can easily change concepts to work with the movie's plot.

GoktimusPrime
31st July 2010, 07:27 PM
ja... "Jolt" was originally the name of a Decepticon yet he's an Autobot in ROTF.

Perhaps they'll be called Impactor, Springer and Dave.

Ode to a Grasshopper
31st July 2010, 08:26 PM
No mention as to their individual namesLarry, Curly, and Moe.

Sleeve
31st July 2010, 09:30 PM
Where does it say that they are Autobots? That's just the fans on tfw2005 assuming that 'Wreckers' equals 'Autobots'. Chances are that they are Autobots or Autobot-alligned human vehicles, because the name would be from Hasbro, who would have also told Bay that it is an Autobot term. But with Bay in charge, his creative control can easily change concepts to work with the movie's plot.

Touche. I stand corrected.

Grievous
6th August 2010, 06:28 PM
Perhaps these "Movie-verse Wreckers" will be the autobot drones?
Or perhaps the three cars will combine into one robot?
:confused:

Skullcruncher
9th August 2010, 03:42 PM
Or they might just be cars driven by humans to protect themselves from the decepticons who have finally decided to start using their advanced technology to blow the USA to bits! :eek:

All of the other photos seem to have the faction symbol on them somewhere....