PDA

View Full Version : how do u work out shipping for group rk orders??

primatives
1st August 2010, 08:04 PM
Hey guys out there who are good with numbers, i was wondering if i order say 3 henkei tf's, say starsream and a ultra magnus add on kit. how do i work out what each person pays

person a 1 henkei starscream
person b 1 henkei starscream
person c 1 henkei starscream + 1 um add on kit

obviousliy if they were all the same then i can just divide it by 3 but the 3rd person has a smaller item i want to know how to work it out fairly thanks guys. Hope that makes sense.

Lint
1st August 2010, 08:19 PM
What I usually do is 'check out' each item individually to see the individual postage cost then divide up the group shipping cost proportionally to what the individual postage costs are relative to each other.

This isn't absolutely fair since the shipping for UM ultra magnus kit (presumably small and light) would be expensive to ship individually but not add much to shipping cost if grouped in with other items. You could also do a 'check out' quote on 3 starscreams then compare to 3 starscreams + um kit. This might be the fairer option in this case.

SuspectimusPrime
1st August 2010, 10:18 PM
Do a ratio of the cost of each item (x) to the total cost of all items (t), so (x/t)... and then apply that to the total shipping cost (s) for each participant (individual shipping equals total shipping cost times cost of each item over total cost of all items, or = s times x/t).

griffin
2nd August 2010, 12:22 AM
I do the same - I go by the value of each person's items (total cost divided by their portion of the dollar value).
You could also break it up by the number of items (total cost divided by their portion of the number of items).
But if some items are priced high for their size or are really small, you could use either method and adjust the figures a bit to be fairer to those who had the smaller items.

jaydisc
2nd August 2010, 12:54 AM
I do what Lint does, but rather doing it per item, I do it per person, and make each person fetch their own individual total, and proportionately split based on that. Happy to help you with a spreadsheet for that person if needed.

That being said, the UM kit is so tiny and light, I'd save yourself the trouble and go even steven.