PDA

View Full Version : New Transformers G1 Aussie fan!

JPV
3rd August 2010, 08:02 PM
Greetings everyone,

My name is JPV or you can call me JP.
I am new to the site and heard a lot about this site from transformersph.12.forumer.com
I am a long time Transformers G1 fan of the toys and cartoon.
I draw fan art on G1 and have my own collection of G1.
If you like you can check out my fan art here: http://jp-v.deviantart.com and you can tell me what you think!
I have been rolling around the site and it's been really interesting to see people's great interest on Transformers G1.
So it is a pleasure to join this Australian site and make friends with you mates!

5FDP
3rd August 2010, 08:05 PM
Welcome to the boards JPV or JP for short :) That's some nice artwork.

Hursticon
3rd August 2010, 09:26 PM
Bar Weep Gwar Nar Weep Nini Bon! :D

G'day JP and welcome to the boards, I must say your fan art is quite good, I especially like this one (http://fav.me/d27tf7k).

loophole
3rd August 2010, 09:42 PM
Welcome Aboard JP, let me guess your fan of the Protectorbots :)

1AZRAEL1
4th August 2010, 10:28 AM
G'day and welcome to the boards.

Stupid work won't let me see Deviantart (stupid net filter) so I will have to check when I get home.

JPV
4th August 2010, 11:51 AM
Welcome to the boards JPV or JP for short :) That's some nice artwork.

Thank you kindly sir for the warm welcome and taking the time to view my artwork!

liegeprime
4th August 2010, 12:01 PM
Oi! JPV Glad you could make it!:D:D:D Back from holidays?

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/liegeprime/Othercollectibles061-1-1.jpg

JPV
4th August 2010, 12:43 PM
Hi sir liegeprime,

Marame salamat!
Yes I came back 2 weeks ago from now. I had such a great time rolling around Philippines.
I bought a few toys from RToys in Greenhills and I'm very happy with what I got. The people who work there were really nice same with the owner Robert!
How is everything with you?

liegeprime
4th August 2010, 12:48 PM
Hi sir liegeprime,

Marame salamat!
Yes I came back 2 weeks ago from now. I had such a great time rolling around Philippines.
I bought a few toys from RToys in Greenhills and I'm very happy with what I got. The people who work there were really nice same with the owner Robert!
How is everything with you?

All good, just buying a few here and there hehehe. Saw some sightings in TFPH with the TFs there so cheaper, sigh. We rteally get ripped on prices here. BTW does Rtoys still have their boxed and/or loose Overlord? If you can remember? I never met Robert as he wasnt there when I was visiting his store. I have met Malvin of Greattoys several times though, this was during the infancy of his business ( only had 1 - his Pasay branch before), now he's got a chain of GT stores hehehe. Cheers!:D

Jetfire
4th August 2010, 12:53 PM
Welcome to OzFormers! :D

JPV
4th August 2010, 01:03 PM
All good, just buying a few here and there hehehe. Saw some sightings in TFPH with the TFs there so cheaper, sigh. We rteally get ripped on prices here. BTW does Rtoys still have their boxed and/or loose Overlord? If you can remember? I never met Robert as he wasnt there when I was visiting his store. I have met Malvin of Greattoys several times though, this was during the infancy of his business ( only had 1 - his Pasay branch before), now he's got a chain of GT stores hehehe. Cheers!:D

Good to hear my friend.
I understand what you mean. I realize how much more cheaper than it is from Australia and the variety of choices have so much more in Philippines I loved it!
I see he was there the 2nd time I bought Transformers over there and he was a nice person he was giving nice discounts when I bought multiple items.
No I'm afraid it has been sold awhile back now since I was there. I was trying to look for it for you but no luck!
Interesting I think will have to note those places down for next time when I go Philippines so I have many choices to shop from.

GoktimusPrime
4th August 2010, 01:44 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/wb_bw2.jpg

heroic_decepticon
4th August 2010, 02:02 PM
Warm welcome JPV!

From time to time, feel free to join liegeprime and myself in the basement if you are inclined to.

JPV
4th August 2010, 02:12 PM
Bar Weep Gwar Nar Weep Nini Bon! :D

G'day JP and welcome to the boards, I must say your fan art is quite good, I especially like this one (http://fav.me/d27tf7k).

Hello Hursticon,

Thank you kindly sir for the welcome and praising my artwork!
I'm happy you like my Dreadwind + Darkwing I appreciate it!

JPV
4th August 2010, 02:21 PM
Warm welcome JPV!

From time to time, feel free to join liegeprime and myself in the basement if you are inclined to.

Hello heroic_decepticon,

Thank you kindly for the warm welcome!
Sure I'd like to where can I find this basement?

jazzcomp
5th August 2010, 10:46 AM
hi JPV, welcome to the board.

Anyone else here who knows b-ball jersey sellers? Am interested in finding a cheap green jersey :)

JPV
5th August 2010, 05:58 PM
Welcome Aboard JP, let me guess your fan of the Protectorbots :)

Hello loophole,

Thank you kindly for the welcome and you guess right! they are my favourite combiners team!

liegeprime
5th August 2010, 08:52 PM
Hello heroic_decepticon,

Thank you kindly for the warm welcome!
Sure I'd like to where can I find this basement?

it is an imaginary zone for exiling people buying KOs and posting it in the KO - Unauthorized section here hehehe:D both HD and I are guilty of buying the Superise Headmaster set:o and some other 3rd party items to supplement our official TF toys - sample pic below

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/liegeprime/2010%20Acquisition/JulyAcquisition007.jpg
As I mentioned in TFPH - Not Spike and NOt Sparkplug invite the Not Japanese Excl. Headmasters for tea and Not Energon at the Not Teletran 1 Base.:p

heroic_decepticon
5th August 2010, 11:25 PM
it is an imaginary zone for exiling people buying KOs and posting it in the KO - Unauthorized section here hehehe:D both HD and I are guilty of buying the Superise Headmaster set:o and some other 3rd party items to supplement our official TF toys - sample pic below

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/liegeprime/2010%20Acquisition/JulyAcquisition007.jpg
As I mentioned in TFPH - Not Spike and NOt Sparkplug invite the Not Japanese Excl. Headmasters for tea and Not Energon at the Not Teletran 1 Base.:p

exactly right my friend!

JPV
6th August 2010, 05:37 PM

So that means I can't join the basement?
Nice Transformers G1 Headmasters you got and the CCC with energon cubes!

liegeprime
6th August 2010, 11:42 PM
So that means I can't join the basement?
Nice Transformers G1 Headmasters you got and the CCC with energon cubes!

UNless you give in to the dark side and buy some KOs yourself hehehe. Se those Headmasters are KOs NOT original, I dont have the money to burn for those original, nor would I be able to find them as they are quite uncommon like the Jap exclusive Dinotapes ( which Im waiting for em to make Kos of hehehe:o:D)

heroic_decepticon
7th August 2010, 12:20 AM
"the dark side is a pathway to abilities many consider unnatural" (sorry couldnt resist, love this quote)

JPV
7th August 2010, 10:53 AM
UNless you give in to the dark side and buy some KOs yourself hehehe. Se those Headmasters are KOs NOT original, I dont have the money to burn for those original, nor would I be able to find them as they are quite uncommon like the Jap exclusive Dinotapes ( which Im waiting for em to make Kos of hehehe:o:D)

I sometimes give into the dark side so it's ok.
I have bought a few KO's which I'm really happy with and true the cheaper the better for Filipino's.
Yes it would be nice to make the Dinocassettes in KOs. What I've learn from being over Philippines is that what ever money you have people will cherish it.
I wouldn't buy a $1000 Dinocassette when I know I can buy like 20 Transformers for that price. Unless you really love the character and have the money go ahead.

GoktimusPrime
8th August 2010, 08:59 AM
Until very recently I was _very_ tempted to turning to the dark side and picking up a KO (liege and hd know which one I'm talking about)... but I've decided to bite the bullet and just save up for an original.

I feel like Galadriel after having nearly touched the One Ring -- going all berserk then calming down and returning to the light. Only ya know, I'm no Cate Blanchett <insert smart-alec comment here> :p

liegeprime
8th August 2010, 10:32 AM
I feel like Galadriel after having nearly touched the One Ring -- going all berserk then calming down and returning to the light. Only ya know, I'm no Cate Blanchett <insert smart-alec comment here> :p

YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN!:p:p:p
You could say your almost lost your head hehehehe

Ahhhh welcome to the basement then JPV hehehe tea and Not energons on the left, watch out for NOt Spike ... he bites:p

JPV
8th August 2010, 11:30 AM
G'day and welcome to the boards.

Stupid work won't let me see Deviantart (stupid net filter) so I will have to check when I get home.

Thank you kindly 1AZRAEL1 for the welcome and I hope you can access my fan art if you are interested to see!

GoktimusPrime
9th August 2010, 07:51 PM
YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN!:p:p:p

THAT AGAIN.

Sam
9th August 2010, 11:45 PM
Welcome to the forum! I like your art, it's got a nice style. :)

JPV
10th August 2010, 12:48 PM
Welcome to the forum! I like your art, it's got a nice style. :)

Thank you very kindly Sam for your welcome and for praising my art it means a lot!

JPV
14th August 2010, 07:55 AM
Welcome to OzFormers! :D

Thank you so kindly Jetfire for the welcome!

Deceptic_Optic
16th August 2010, 11:35 AM
Mabuhay and welcome

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m205/de3dz/IMG_2669.jpg

JPV
17th August 2010, 06:00 PM
Mabuhay and welcome

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m205/de3dz/IMG_2669.jpg

Marame salamat Deceptic_Optic!

1AZRAEL1
17th August 2010, 06:20 PM
Ah, you have just reminded me to look at your deviant art when I get home :o

Saintly
18th August 2010, 11:14 AM
welcome~!

JPV
20th August 2010, 10:39 AM
Ah, you have just reminded me to look at your deviant art when I get home :o

Yes if you have the time please do I would appreciate your feedback!

JPV
20th August 2010, 10:42 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/wb_bw2.jpg

Thank you kindly goktimusprime I appreciate it!

JPV
27th August 2010, 06:19 PM
welcome~!

Thank you kindly Saintly!

1AZRAEL1
27th August 2010, 06:28 PM
Wow. I finally had a chance to look at your pictures. Damn they are good dude.

JPV
28th August 2010, 10:08 AM
Wow. I finally had a chance to look at your pictures. Damn they are good dude.

I really appreciate you taking the time to look at my art thank you very much for your kind praise 1AZRAEL1!