PDA

View Full Version : TakaraTomy TFs Museum Event

griffin
4th August 2010, 06:51 PM
I can't tell if this was just a weekend event, or if it is a permanent Museum type venue.

It showcases quite a few classic toys in displays, artwork, plus current stuff in Japan.

Pics on tfw2005 (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/images-from-the-takaratomy-museum-event-170345/)
Pics on Seibertron (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/images-from-transformers-museum-and-animated-black-convoy-inpackage/19449/)

If it's a permanent thing, it'd definitely be on my itinerary if I ever went to Japan.

1AZRAEL1
4th August 2010, 06:58 PM
Wow, just wow. If it is in fact a permanent thing, then yes I would have to go there as well.

kurdt_the_goat
4th August 2010, 06:59 PM
If memory serves (from the Black Animated Optimus news) this event lasts for about a week and will be on again at a different department store sometime after this one.

5FDP
4th August 2010, 07:09 PM
It doesn't look very comprehensive. There a quite a few toys that are absent from each series. Some of the boxes look a bit tattered as well. Maybe if this is a permanent thing, they'll continue to expand on it. Still, what they have does look very nice.

I reckon HD should start up his own museum. Now that would look awesome :cool:

GoktimusPrime
4th August 2010, 10:30 PM
To be fair, most museums don't put _everything_ in their collection on display at once. They have exhibits and rotate between.

I can't tell if this was just a weekend event, or if it is a permanent Museum type venue.
Only on from 3-8th of August. Perhaps they can rotate what toys they have on display if it becomes a regular event. <shrug> Kyoto is a really nice place to visit too... I only spent a short amount of time there and I'd like to go back. :)

bruticus
5th August 2010, 12:53 AM
Nice idea...
however, its a bit undewhelming for something that is suppose to be official.
i mean ive seen more stuff on display from some of the members just on OTCA!