PDA

View Full Version : New Images of Challenge at Cybertron 3 pack

Hursticon
6th August 2010, 04:45 AM
Courtesy of Seibertron.com, some new images (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-images-of-challenge-at-cybertron-3pack/19478/) of the upcoming 3 pack of Universe 2.0 Redecos of Galvatron, Cyclonus and Hot Rod entitled Challenge at Cybertron.

dirge
6th August 2010, 10:58 AM
How TF:TM-esque!

5FDP
6th August 2010, 11:07 AM
Easy pass for me. I already have all three toys and they are far superior to these repaints. Hasbro ruined Galvatron and Rodimus in this boxset.

Paulbot
6th August 2010, 11:27 AM
Hot Rod looks good in robot mode, but I'm not sure about the vehicle mode. I think the windshield is just a bit too bright blue.

iceburn
6th August 2010, 12:28 PM
Hot Rod looks good in robot mode, but I'm not sure about the vehicle mode. I think the windshield is just a bit too bright blue.

anyone wanna try removing that baby blue paint on the screen? :D

lcz128
6th August 2010, 01:18 PM

Pretty sure it was painted blue because it'd be red plastic underneath..

Lord_Zed
6th August 2010, 01:19 PM
I like that Cyclonus better than the Universe version, however Galvatron is worse.

Hot Rod is very cartoony, the bright blue windows remind me a bit of a certain un offical TF item with painted blue windows.

Assuimg the blue is painted on and is not actualy molded bright blue, which would not suprise me. Both the window and all of Galvatron could use a wash to being out the detail and tone the colours down a bit.

jaydisc
6th August 2010, 02:14 PM
I think it looks awesome in person. He's a perfect addition to my 2 Cyclonai Armada:

http://itfdb.com/temporary/tf/IMG_0003.jpg

Grievous
6th August 2010, 04:26 PM
So...I know this may be a stupid question...
but is this set going to be available in Australia?
:confused:

Hursticon
6th August 2010, 04:32 PM
So...I know this may be a stupid question...
but is this set going to be available in Australia?
:confused:

I don't know so much if it will be available in Australia, but it will definitely be available to Australia. :)

DarkHyren
6th August 2010, 04:52 PM
I think the colors might not be the best compared to classics rodimus, but that one is over priced in my opinion so this one will have to do.
I have the other two figures in Universe colors, but I'll still get this anyway.

Zippo
6th August 2010, 08:13 PM
Yet another version of Rodimus that I like. Cyclonus also looks very nice (never did like the Henkei choice of purple). Even Galvatron looks alright.

tinyJazz
6th August 2010, 09:15 PM
Rodimus looks awful! So bad it's good? I'm actually looking forward to this set. :rolleyes:

kaiden
6th August 2010, 10:31 PM
I still need a Henkei Cyclonus...

iceburn
7th August 2010, 01:19 AM
I think the colors might not be the best compared to classics rodimus, but that one is over priced in my opinion so this one will have to do.
I have the other two figures in Universe colors, but I'll still get this anyway.

You know that with group purchases of this set, you can approximately get it under >$60 for the lot. Current exchange rate is .89 as of eariler today

kaiden
7th August 2010, 02:53 AM
You know that with group purchases of this set, you can approximately get it under >$60 for the lot. Current exchange rate is .89 as of eariler today

i'd get it if someone else wanted the galvatron and hot rod. i just want cyclonus :3

foor
10th August 2010, 10:14 PM
I got my pack in today, and I must say it's fantastic. All three figures look brilliant, and I must say I kind of prefer my Rodimus in this brighter colour scheme.

Gutsman Heavy
10th August 2010, 10:20 PM
I do like the look of all of them, I'll grab it if it pops up local, don't care enough to import

Golden Phoenix
11th August 2010, 09:45 AM
I think Rodimus looks awesome.
The bright colours make him look like he has jumped out from a cartoon

GoktimusPrime
11th August 2010, 12:35 PM
I think that's the whole idea. The colours are quite cartoon-like, so I can see the appeal for lovers of toon-likeness. Which I'm not. These bright colours look far to garish to me, and Cyclonus just looks bland. I'll stick with my original Classicverses thanks.

1AZRAEL1
11th August 2010, 02:12 PM
I quite like all 3 of them. If it is released locally, I will buy it. I'm not one for buying a recolour for the sake of a recolour, but these I would. Would also give me another Rodimus that I can use for the Fansproject upgrade.

Robzy
11th August 2010, 03:07 PM
They look pretty good... I wouldn't hunt them down or anything, but might pick em up if I see them.

But I must admit, Cyclonus does look pretty cool.

griffin
11th August 2010, 03:20 PM
I'm a fan of anime coloured redecos, so these are eagerly awaited. :D
It's why I like Animated toys in both Hasbro (anime) versions, and TT ('regular toy') versions, and pretty much any other 'anime' redecos that have ever been done (there aren't many though).

iceburn
12th August 2010, 09:13 AM
The blue windscreen is really look unlike seen in the pictures that flashes up to be very baby blue. In fact, it's not.... i'm loving this figure and can't wait for the Protector kit

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs268.snc4/39728_422654697398_605602398_5102422_6809868_n.jpg

ohhh i must say that Galavatron is a weak mould; i'm a noob i know to be playing for the first time.... keeps falling apart during transformation to alt mode. can't stay together...argh! might sell him away but though my loose classic set does need a (SNOW) galvatron

Grievous
2nd September 2010, 08:26 PM
Well...my set arrived in the mail today...Its so nice too finally
have a Classic Rodimus...and the deco looks a lot better in person.

Cyclonus looks great as does Nightstick...and I now have
"Cyclonus and his Armada" and a Targetmaster ready for
when Scourge gets here.
:D

But...I'm really not liking "Snow Galvatron" I don't like the Mold
and there is just too much white...it just doesn't work for me.
:(

So...if anyone wants him...I will gladly sell (for a good price)
or swap him for another classics figure...I am chasing Ironhide
Smokescreen or Silverstreak...so yeah...if your interested
send me a PM.
;)

GoktimusPrime
2nd September 2010, 09:21 PM
I've only seen Hot Rod (do they call him "Rodimus" in Hong Kong?) IRL and I agree that it does look a lot nicer IRL. Still not quite nice enough to make me wanna get it - but I can't deny that it's pretty nice looking. :)

Lint
2nd September 2010, 09:40 PM
I've only seen Hot Rod (do they call him "Rodimus" in Hong Kong?) IRL and I agree that it does look a lot nicer IRL. Still not quite nice enough to make me wanna get it - but I can't deny that it's pretty nice looking. :)

Just got him today. I'm gonna be blunt. In car mode he really looks like a KO. Granted the blue is darker than what it looked like on the initial photographs but at the end of the day it's still matte light blue. The 'orange' on the hood is so yellow it really drowns out the flame design. In robot mode he commands more respect and I think the bright grey and the silver colours used are quite good.

All in all I don't think this Hot Rod will be a dealbreaker for the protector armour, just like how classics prime isn't a dealbreaker for city commander. unless you want to display in winnebago mode.