PDA

View Full Version : Yet another unofficial Arcee - MGT-01

FFN
8th August 2010, 02:51 AM
This one is, if I understand correctly, is a refined production version of the custom toy by a Chinese fan. Both it (and the recent Impossible Toys Valkyrie) are apparently based off a famous Japanese custom Arcee figure.

Oh, despite the site, apparently its not made or designed by iGear.
http://shop.igeartoys.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=80

lcz128
8th August 2010, 05:42 AM
This one is, if I understand correctly, is a refined production version of the custom toy by a Chinese fan. Both it (and the recent Impossible Toys Valkyrie) are apparently based off a famous Japanese custom Arcee figure.

Oh, despite the site, apparently its not made or designed by iGear.
http://shop.igeartoys.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=80

As much as I'd like to own both, I don't quite have the cash for that... :/ it'd be great to have both and compare the quality... And then repaint it so it's got nice paint.. :b

Tallestblue
8th August 2010, 10:11 AM
These "Arcees" All look nice, but...Well...I want a Hasbro version!!
These knock-off look waaaay to delicate for giant meaty paws and I don't want to pay $100 plus for a toy that I'm gonna crush the first time out of the box.

Seriously Hasbro, C'MON!!

liegeprime
8th August 2010, 10:21 AM
die cast parts ei, hmmm no wonder the pricetag, still.... I content in owning the other one. That japan toy !st price giveaway ( not sure if its a Winter toy festival or whatever TF/Robot event it was in Japan) FFN mentioned, I used to have a pic set of (got deleted when my prev PC crashed and had to be reformatted) that and a website link but Zobovor has long since deactivated that site he has. That was the first time I saw it aaaaages ago. Way before Armada even.

From the back pics of the box theyve got the other fembots featured though, wonder if they're gonna attempt those bots as well. Wish Fans Project made them from Arcee and everyone that way the quality would be better though still not official;).

MV75
8th August 2010, 11:42 AM
These "Arcees" All look nice, but...Well...I want a Hasbro version!!
These knock-off look waaaay to delicate for giant meaty paws and I don't want to pay $100 plus for a toy that I'm gonna crush the first time out of the box.

Seriously Hasbro, C'MON!!

Agreed on that hasbro should do one, but this is the best one so far. Actually looks right in the crotch/hips/head/backpack sections (let's just say the whole damn thing), and the plastic actually looks like toy plastic.

Will I get one? Nope. 3rd parties have kept proving that the next best one will come along.

VERT
8th August 2010, 05:27 PM
If I have the cash yeah i will get her. But im happy with my other Arcee I just got right now. Wish this one came out first.

reillyd
8th August 2010, 08:35 PM
From the back pics of the box theyve got the other fembots featured though, wonder if they're gonna attempt those bots as well. Wish Fans Project made them from Arcee and everyone that way the quality would be better though still not official;).

Err, no, probably not. On tfw2005, someone mentioned they recognised the picture as fan art, and that it was stolen. So other than being a beautiful picture of Arcee, don't read anything more into it.

If it sold they mide to a remold head but I can't see it doing it for that price.

The toy looks better though, as the guns aren't sculpted into her hand and are removable.

FFN
8th August 2010, 10:27 PM
The guns are removable on the Impossible Toys version as well, are they not? Pascal confirmed this in his review, as I recall. The Impossible Toys version merely holds them as she transforms, like ROTF Brawl.

Sky Shadow
8th August 2010, 11:15 PM
Everything about this toy creeps me out. The packaging... the art... the toy... the tentacle rape stand...

kup
9th August 2010, 12:28 AM
Everything about this toy creeps me out. The packaging... the art... the toy... the tentacle rape stand...

Someone at TFW called them anal beads.

Omega Supreme
9th August 2010, 07:57 AM
I like the look of this.

Deceptic_Optic
9th August 2010, 09:14 AM
I like the look of this.

me too, im glad i hold back on the valykrie one this one seems more promising specially articulation of the legs and feet

liegeprime
9th August 2010, 11:24 AM

your reading too much into it, especially the tentacle rape stand. :D:D

"Looksie here ladies and gents its NOT arcee with Hentai rape stand! now you can pose her just like in the BT story comic books!! Dont miss out!! :p:p;)Oh and she's got metal parts too wooooooaaah"
mwahahaha!!

5FDP
9th August 2010, 11:29 AM
If I collected unlicensed products I would definitely go for this. It looks like the best toy of Arcee so far IMO.

FFN
15th August 2010, 11:33 PM
I found this post on TFW2005:

According to the posting at HK-TF (http://www.hk-tf.com/discuz/upload/viewthread.php?tid=18478&extra=page%3D1)
If you can find someone in China that can pre-order the figure DIRECTLY from guys who manufacture the toy the cost will be 20 yuen (deposit) + 380 yuen (which is about 59USD excluding shipping). The toy will be back to 480 yuen (about 71USD excluding shipping) once it is released.
They use iGear for the overseas market.
Here's the Taobao (http://item.taobao.com/auction/item_detail.htm?item_num_id=7049983803) link.

So iGear is only distributing this product to overseas customers and is placing the extra on top of the price, excluding shipping.

What jerks.

jaydisc
30th August 2010, 06:13 PM
So iGear is only distributing this product to overseas customers and is placing the extra on top of the price, excluding shipping.

What jerks.

Sounds like what every overseas distributor does. Why the "jerks" label?

I should also have access to these in quantity, although my supplier has informed me that they're "hand made". I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

gamblor916
30th August 2010, 08:12 PM
They're hand made by expert Chinese craftsmen :p