PDA

View Full Version : Generations Minicons released in US

Hursticon
9th August 2010, 06:47 PM
Courtesy of Seibertron.com (http://www.seibertron.com/), Generations Minicons have been released (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/generations-minicons-released-in-the-us/19503/) at US retail.

I guess this kinda changes the Generations Line from being a Deluxe Only line, I wonder if these will see release over here?

GoktimusPrime
9th August 2010, 07:47 PM
I can't see the pics, but apparently they're just repaints. Yawn.

griffin
9th August 2010, 11:44 PM
THey are just redecos, but should be a store exclusive, so allows them to use the Generations banner, without breaking their 'Deluxe only' rule for general release.

Sky Shadow
10th August 2010, 12:00 AM
THey are just redecos, but should be a store exclusive, so allows them to use the Generations banner, without breaking their 'Deluxe only' rule for general release.

They don't seem to be using the Generations banner anyway - it's the fan websites calling them 'Generations' - the front of the packaging is just generic 'Transformers'. Presumably it's just a misnomer/mistake by Seibertron and TFW2005.

Hursticon
10th August 2010, 02:25 AM

They don't seem to be using the Generations banner anyway - it's the fan websites calling them 'Generations' - the front of the packaging is just generic 'Transformers'. Presumably it's just a misnomer/mistake by Seibertron and TFW2005.

It is entirely possible that it is just a mistake of association, though Griff's explanation also holds plausibility, being that the pictures are supposed actual shop shelf shots it would be interesting to find out what the store computers had them listed as, that would be a little bit more definitive I think.

liegeprime
10th August 2010, 03:27 AM
Wish they get released here, Id buy them. Love minicons!!

Hursticon
10th August 2010, 11:38 AM
Wish they get released here, Id buy them. Love minicons!!

Indeed, if they look cool enough I'd buy 'em, so long as they're not the beast-type minicons as they just don't work for me.

5FDP
13th August 2010, 07:30 PM
Not really interested in minicons myself... I think the only one I had, was with my Energon Unicron which I no longer have.

They served a useful purpose in the Armada game for the PS2 though :p