PDA

View Full Version : RK - Hasbro MP Grimlock

kurdt_the_goat
10th August 2010, 11:06 PM
Works out around $105AU (http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=TFTRMP08HA&lang=us&CatID=41).

Hope you kept your TRU receipts!

GoktimusPrime
10th August 2010, 11:45 PM
Meh, I can't be bothered. Besides, the advantage of buying it in store is that I can see the condition of the toy first hand and also not worry about it being damaged or lost in transit. That and I'm lazy. :p

But hey, that is a substantial saving, so I don't blame anyone for returning their toy and importing one! If you haven't already gotten an MP Grimlock I'd recommend going for RK. :) Now I hope MP Grimlock shelfwarms here just to teach TRU a lesson for being such sods with their prices. :/

kurdt_the_goat
10th August 2010, 11:51 PM
I'm sorry you paid a bit more after you waited so long...but having said that, I still think he's worth the price i paid for the Takara original, which dwarfs the cost of this one, so i'm glad you got it finally!

Hursticon
11th August 2010, 02:05 AM
Ooh, now this is tempting, as it works out if I spend my money at RK then that will allow me to save roughly $130 to take to the Parra fair, if I'm able to attend that is.

As a quick question to help me decide where to go, do you have to have a confirmed postal address with Paypal in order to pay using Paypal at RK?

I have a confirmed account but I don't believe my address is, so will that prevent me from being able to use their site?

griffin
11th August 2010, 02:25 AM
they're not a problem with the address thing, but maybe for the first order or two, enter in your address details into the shipping screen (instead of selecting the 'send to paypal address' option), just to be sure. Once you're on file, there shouldn't be any problems.

Hursticon
11th August 2010, 02:41 AM
they're not a problem with the address thing, but maybe for the first order or two, enter in your address details into the shipping screen (instead of selecting the 'send to paypal address' option), just to be sure. Once you're on file, there shouldn't be any problems.

Excellent, cheers Griff as I will be seriously considering this option come Tuesday next week. :D

gdmetro
11th August 2010, 08:27 AM
Ahh... Thank goodness!!

I was almost going to cave and get one from TRU this week, but was waiting for RK- if it was only a marginal saving- i.e. 10 bucks, Id just get it from TRU, but this is so sweet!!

TRU need to lower prices..

hmm if they shelf warm long enough, maybe 50% off? i can dream? :D

JuzMel
11th August 2010, 10:37 AM
Man the packaging looks cool... but hey I don't really need another MP Grimlock since I've already got the "more superior" Takara one.. :D :p