PDA

View Full Version : Club Punch re-release (plus, Mag #34 out)

griffin
11th August 2010, 03:27 PM
From the Collector Club website (http://www.transformersclub.com/), the second batch of Punch toys is just about here (apparently available for order in the next week - so keep an eye on the website if you are wanting one), but there are restrictions which will make it a lot more expensive for fans here...

This is a restricted item and you need to read the product description below before you place an order. If you have ordered one in the past, you are not eligible to order this product.

Please do not call and ask us when this will go online as we want to make this as fair to everyone as possible. As soon as we have verified the shipment we will place it online.

Please do not call to be put on an order list as we are not creating one. If you call to place an order once they go live, we do not guarantee you a place in line. The products are on a first come/first served basis with the online orders placed by members, taking priority over any orders called in.

Product Description:
08-06-10 2010 Club Exclusive Punch/Counterpunch (1 pc) PLEASE READ RESTRICTIONS BEFORE ORDERING!!!!!! This figure is LIMITED to 1 per person/per membership (you cannot create a second membership and order this product) and is available ONLY to those who have not ordered one in the past. If you order more than 1 per person/per membership or if you have previously ordered this figure, note that your order will be cancelled completely, and then charged a 25% administration fee!

The online system will process any order you place but the humans will be checking every order and will cancel the one's (and charge a 25% administration fee) that violate the rules. We want as many members as possible to get this figure at the offered price.

Plus, issue 34 of the Club Magazine is now being shipped. A pic of the cover can be seen here (http://www.transformersclub.com/_images/ish_34.jpg), while some basic details of the issue can be found at the Club website (http://www.transformersclub.com/).

UPDATE - Punch now available for order (http://www.transformersclub.com/shop/index.cfm?do=detail&productid=2224), for US$59 (plus membership fee if not a member).

Sky Shadow
11th August 2010, 03:36 PM
the humans will be checking every order and will cancel the one's (and charge a 25% administration fee) that violate the rules.

"The humans will be checking every order"? This explains everything we've been put through over the years - the OTFCC is a front for the Decepticons.

Bartrim
11th August 2010, 03:39 PM
"The humans will be checking every order"? This explains everything we've been put through over the years - the OTFCC is a front for the Decepticons.

LOL:D

Does this mean you have to a member to order?:confused::o

Paulbot
11th August 2010, 03:50 PM
Does this mean you have to a member to order?:confused::o
Yes, or join.

griffin
11th August 2010, 03:52 PM
That's why it'll be more expensive for fans here.
(US$90 membership fee, plus US$59 for the toy, if it is at the same price as before)

Bartrim
11th August 2010, 04:08 PM
Well that sux:(

iceburn
11th August 2010, 04:18 PM
*rubs his hands...." am waiting...

MV75
11th August 2010, 04:22 PM
Well that sux:(

Yea, shoulda joined in on the first group order.

May as well wait for hasbros version to be released now. Sure it might be 1-2 years away, but much cheaper.

I'd say "wanna buy mine"? But that would be teasing.

Bartrim
11th August 2010, 04:31 PM

We had a Sydney order that unfortunately went awry.

Sky Shadow
11th August 2010, 05:12 PM

May as well wait for hasbros version to be released now. Sure it might be 1-2 years away, but much cheaper.

Um... if anyone actually wants the toy then they should try to source one now, not wait for an imaginary Hasbro version that will almost certainly never exist. (And yes, there were ten of us New South Welshmen whose original group order went south.)

MV75
11th August 2010, 05:39 PM
Why almost certainly never? Do you have proof? My proof is in history. :)

Sky Shadow
11th August 2010, 06:01 PM
Why almost certainly never? Do you have proof? My proof is in history. :)

Historically, Hasbro has never rereleased an OTFCC exclusive in the same colours as the exclusive. The only time they've even rereleased the same characters and mould as an exclusive was the Seacons, and that was in completely different colours. Of a hundred-odd Botcon exclusives, the only ones I can think of that Hasbro has rereleased themselves are Thrust and Dirge, both of whom are huge Geewun characters and are not the same remould as the exclusive version, as per the BotCon exclusive contract. History already proves that it is extremely unlikely that an exclusive will be rereleased by Hasbro. On top of that, Hasbro cannot use the Punch/Counterpunch exclusive head retooling, so they would have to do the same thing themselves. Which they wouldn't do unless Takara did it first. It is extremely unlikely that they would bother to do this or to release a character whose only Geewun appearances were thirty seconds of the cartoon and two pages of the comics.

Hence we will "almost certainly never" see a Hasbro version of Punch/Counterpunch using the Classics/Universe mould.

kup
11th August 2010, 06:27 PM
Historically, Hasbro has never rereleased an OTFCC exclusive in the same colours as the exclusive. The only time they've even rereleased the same characters and mould as an exclusive was the Seacons, and that was in completely different colours. Of a hundred-odd Botcon exclusives, the only ones I can think of that Hasbro has rereleased themselves are Thrust and Dirge, both of whom are huge Geewun characters and are not the same remould as the exclusive version, as per the BotCon exclusive contract. History already proves that it is extremely unlikely that an exclusive will be rereleased by Hasbro. On top of that, Hasbro cannot use the Punch/Counterpunch exclusive head retooling, so they would have to do the same thing themselves. Which they wouldn't do unless Takara did it first. It is extremely unlikely that they would bother to do this or to release a character whose only Geewun appearances were thirty seconds of the cartoon and two pages of the comics.

Hence we will "almost certainly never" see a Hasbro version of Punch/Counterpunch using the Classics/Universe mould.

If he is that convinced that there will be a Mass release of the Punch/Counterpunch figure then let him think that.

griffin
11th August 2010, 10:42 PM
After seeing Thrust and Dirge, after being led to believe that Hasbro weren't planning to release them (at one stage at least), we can't rule anything out. As you say, it is likely to be up to TT to do a new head, but that's what happened with Thrust and Dirge...
We've seen both Hasbro and TT doing HEAPS of fan-related homages that aren't likely to be recognised by the general consumer, so I'd have trouble ruling it out as well.

dirge
11th August 2010, 11:27 PM
It can't be totally ruled out, of course. Doesn't mean it's _likely_

(just playing devil's advocate)

Ode to a Grasshopper
11th August 2010, 11:30 PM
It'll probably happen eventually...it's just eventually can be a long, long time.
In the meantime there's always Frenzy_Rumble if need be.

liegeprime
12th August 2010, 12:12 AM
Punch/CP may not have more screen time in the Hasbro released Cartoons but he did play a lot more screentime with the dubbed(poorly I may add) Headmasters series being a spy that even Soundwave got jealous of. This was a Japanese series... so Takara might, as in might take notice of this and you know, make one heheheh someday:o:p;)

Sky Shadow
12th August 2010, 12:24 AM
After seeing Thrust and Dirge, after being led to believe that Hasbro weren't planning to release them (at one stage at least), we can't rule anything out. As you say, it is likely to be up to TT to do a new head, but that's what happened with Thrust and Dirge...
We've seen both Hasbro and TT doing HEAPS of fan-related homages that aren't likely to be recognised by the general consumer, so I'd have trouble ruling it out as well.

I did say "almost certainly never". There's an "almost" there that covers the minuscule chance that it might actually happen.

Punch/CP may not have more screen time in the Hasbro released Cartoons but he did play a lot more screentime with the dubbed(poorly I may add) Headmasters series being a spy that even Soundwave got jealous of. This was a Japanese series... so Takara might, as in might take notice of this and you know, make one heheheh someday:o:p;)

His (their?) appearances in Headmasters is by far the best (and in fact the only real) argument as to why there might ultimately be a Hasbro version in the future. If TakaraTomy chose to retool the mould for a Henkei version, that's the only real shot a Hasbro Classics Punch/Counterpunch would have. But my point was that if anyone actually wants to have the toy in their collection, there's no point waiting around for something that probably won't happen. A bird in the hand is worth an infinite number of birds that don't actually exist.

kup
12th August 2010, 12:52 AM
His (their?) appearances in Headmasters is by far the best (and in fact the only real) argument as to why there might ultimately be a Hasbro version in the future. If TakaraTomy chose to retool the mould for a Henkei version, that's the only real shot a Hasbro Classics Punch/Counterpunch would have. But my point was that if anyone actually wants to have the toy in their collection, there's no point waiting around for something that probably won't happen. A bird in the hand is worth an infinite number of birds that don't actually exist.

QFT

The only reason that Hasbro is releasing the Classics conehead seekers is because Takara had already created unique molds for them. The same thing would need to happen to Punch/Counterpunch for this to repeat. As Sky Shadow mentioned, it is possible that this may happen but it is indeed unlikely.

Just because the Conehead seeker characters appeared as a mass released toy, this does not mean that the same chain of events will happen with every single exclusive character released. Specially with a less 'geewhunn' character than the seekers.

Krayt
12th August 2010, 08:14 AM
SHOPPING TIME!!!!!

As well as punch, there are some SG Cyclonus too....

griffin
12th August 2010, 11:18 AM
UPDATE - Punch now available for order (http://www.transformersclub.com/shop/index.cfm?do=detail&productid=2224), for US$59 (plus membership fee if not a member).

DarkHyren
12th August 2010, 12:06 PM
Not anymore, looks like they are all gone :(
Well, maybe some people cheated and more will pop up in a bit, in any case it looks like the rest of us will have to pay 3 times the actual value from scalpers...

griffin
12th August 2010, 12:24 PM
Hmmm, I guess that shouldn't be a surprise. Toy scalpers would have been jumping on them, and would have even got friends, relatives and employees to register to get one on their behalf, to resell for double... minimum.
Big bonus for the Collector Club, with about 300 instant members in one day, who aren't likely to ever claim on discounts.

(when I posted that above, it was still in stock too, so has only just sold out in the last hour)

griffin
12th August 2010, 12:50 PM
Just checked TFW, and looks like it sold out in about 3 hours.

iceburn
12th August 2010, 01:22 PM
ok..had one in my shopping cart to pay later and after lunch..it's out of stock. drats... thanks for having a limited amount in stock TFClub

fatbot
12th August 2010, 03:45 PM
ok..had one in my shopping cart to pay later and after lunch..it's out of stock. drats... thanks for having a limited amount in stock TFClub

Tell me about it, I was gonna buy one and give it to someone from my failed group order

MV75
12th August 2010, 04:29 PM
I did say "almost certainly never". There's an "almost" there that covers the minuscule chance that it might actually happen.

Sorry, that doesn't fly.

You were adamant that they wouldn't release one, even with backing from your mate when replying to my post.

Remember to remind me to say told you so when it happens. :D

That sucks you guys missed it. One would have thought this one would have hung around a bit longer due to the no re-purchase policy they put on it.

Sky Shadow
12th August 2010, 05:27 PM
Sorry, that doesn't fly.

You were adamant that they wouldn't release one, even with backing from your mate when replying to my post.

Reading comprehension, MV75 - at no point have I said that they 100% wouldn't release one. I said it would "almost certainly never" exist, which you even quoted from my post, and that if anyone had really wanted to have one it made no sense to "wait for hasbros version to be released" rather than buy one. I said that if you really want to look at historical proof, then only three out of over a hundred similar exclusives have ever been released by Hasbro as the same character and then only with recolouring or retooling, so statistics also support my point - there's a 97% chance that it won't be released by Hasbro. That's a 3% chance of happening even before considering the fact that Punch/Counterpunch is a more obscure character than Dirge and Thrust. And even if they wanted to do it, Takara would then have to create their own head retool. Hence it's "almost certainly never" going to happen. If you want me to say it won't happen then fine - "it's not going to happen" (Sky Shadow, 2010.)

(And I have no idea how what someone else independently writes can make me more adamant.)

Remember to remind me to say told you so when it happens. :D

You do that. :p

kup
12th August 2010, 05:43 PM
You gotta love that MV75 :p