PDA

View Full Version : REAL Botcon Comic Previews up

STL
4th April 2008, 11:12 AM
http://botcon.com/

Looks great. Don's awesome but it really makes me wonder why he'd do artwork here but retire from IDW. IDW must have really drained his enthusiasm to do TFs.

I could be wrong but getting him to draw no-name BWs characters most of his time hardly classifies as what the top artist in the TFverse wants to do. Especially when you give it to the mediocrity of guys like Roche and Su. Nothng against either or them but they're not just at Don's level.

kup
4th April 2008, 12:11 PM
http://botcon.com/

Looks great. Don's awesome but it really makes me wonder why he'd do artwork here but retire from IDW. IDW must have really drained his enthusiasm to do TFs.

I could be wrong but getting him to draw no-name BWs characters most of his time hardly classifies as what the top artist in the TFverse wants to do. Especially when you give it to the mediocrity of guys like Roche and Su. Nothng against either or them but they're not just at Don's level.

I like the premise of this new comic even if the 'Evil Universe' concept has been over done way too much in Sci-Fi in general.

However I am a little sad that they didn't go through with the April Fool's comics. It was cheesy and full of Ham but it was real fun. I would love a full comic like that as it would be fun.

i_amtrunks
4th April 2008, 12:16 PM
It does indeed look very nice, but I still prefer the G2 stylings of the Joke preview, it was just a refreshing change.

I'm interested to read the rest of the comic now, and it may even make me want some of the shattered glass figures. (bugger)

Tetsuwan Convoy
4th April 2008, 06:11 PM
I wish Don would draw hands better. Seems to be a consistant down fall for one of the top artists of TF comics. "Fat-hands Figuoera" I call him.;)

Gutsman Heavy
4th April 2008, 06:56 PM
Sadly I doubt this will be cooler than the awesome "Shattered expectaions" april fools comic. I wan't my Jibba Jabber Jazz!

Paulbot
4th April 2008, 08:23 PM
I think the April Fools joke has backfired. I agree that the G2 style was a nice change from Dreamwave/IDW's stuff.

I'm happy to see some new Don art.

But could the characters introduced on the third page of this preview be one of attendee exclusives? If so... I want! :)

GoktimusPrime
4th April 2008, 09:05 PM
Nice Star Trek reference. :)

Thanatos
5th April 2008, 12:03 PM
I would love an evil Rodimus.

roller
5th April 2008, 12:09 PM
anyone know if we can get it at comic shops like that Classics comic last year[?]

i looks really good, i wonder how many diffreent tf comics are going to reuse the loopy space bridge takes us to an alternate universe pattern?

in startrek they have at least 2 other methods of getting to the evil universe

im just saying