PDA

View Full Version : IDW Reign of Starscream - TFM Sequel

STL
4th April 2008, 12:38 PM
http://fromthetip.blogspot.com/

No flesh creatures! :D

The art looks pretty good. That's surprising given Milne's the artist slated for it. But then again, it probably doesn't read well like most of his stuff.

I'll wait for the massive oversized hardcover... whenever they get around to releasing it. I think they've got about 13 issues of stuff after this sequel plus maybe the UK Titan stuff. That should be big enough for an oversized edition. I suspect it will be available Christmas this year or jsut before the next movie. But yeah, getting tired of waiting.

GoktimusPrime
4th April 2008, 04:30 PM
"Simfur" -- hehehe. :)

bassbot
27th April 2008, 04:56 PM
man, some milne hate here i keep finding.

meg origins suffered from Over-panelling, which ryall and others have also owned up to, which didn't have enough editing influence with the writer as well.

Arcee was pretty top notch, imo, and after already reading and reviewing (see other thread) Alex's storytelling is developing really well in RoS #1.

STL
27th April 2008, 10:59 PM
man, some milne hate here i keep finding.

meg origins suffered from Over-panelling, which ryall and others have also owned up to, which didn't have enough editing influence with the writer as well.

Arcee was pretty top notch, imo, and after already reading and reviewing (see other thread) Alex's storytelling is developing really well in RoS #1.

It's not really a hate Milne thing going on here. I do like his poster/cover work but I do think it's fair to say his storytelling is weak at times. It's very busy and the transitions aren't intuitive. And even Arcee was too busy at times and I couldn't even make out who was who. Though the colouring didn;t help either in that case. His TFM issues weren't the greatest either in terms of flow and ebb though feel movie adaptions are ever that good.

I think he's a great pose artist but I think he'll need to grow as an artist.

bassbot
30th April 2008, 07:14 AM
have you checked out his deviant art page?

markerguru.deviantart.com

the sequentials for arcee look amazing on there (imo) and are much brighter.
there was some discussion of the colouring on Magnus where he gets sliced, but it ends up being a hologram, that it wasn't very clear, but looking at the line art and original colours on his page - it's better.

i used the word "hate" simply in reaction to a few posts. a bit of a reaction on my part.
cheers

Scattershot
16th May 2008, 01:55 PM
Anyone notice the truck sign written with Latta on it on top of page 21? Cool!

Paulbot
16th May 2008, 08:46 PM
I really enjoyed the first issue. In fact I like this one issue much more than the four part movie prequel. I liked some of the appearances from non-canon Movie characters, I liked the explanations of the Decepticon's actions in the movie, and the little nods to G1. I loved Starscream's description of the Mars rover. The colouring still lets things down a bit, some clearer focus on many panels would be nice.

roller
25th May 2008, 11:26 PM
so its in stores now?

i_amtrunks
26th May 2008, 09:36 AM
so its in stores now?

Issue #1 came out a fortnight ago, Issue #2 is slated for Mid June.