PDA

View Full Version : First confirmed death in TF3?

griffin
16th August 2010, 01:58 AM
According to TFW2005 (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/rumor---transformers-3-starscreams-fate-170413/), one of the main cast is gonna die in TF3.

Note that it is just a rumour at this stage.

In support of it being true - consider that this is supposed to be the climactic conclusion to Bay's 3-part story arc, expect carnage and quite a few deaths in this third one. Bay will want casualties!

Against this being true - Hasbro's four core characters for endless toys (and revenue) are Optimus, Megatron, Starscream and Bumblebee (all four were even inducted into the Hall of Fame this year)... so it is unlikely that Hasbro would allow for one to be permanently killed off, as it would impact heavily on their toy-character-product lineup. Sure, they've still been producing quite a few toys of characters that died in the first one, but imagine how many more we would have had if they didn't die, based on how many toys each of those four main characters have had.

Ultimately, it will be a test between who has more creative power/control over this movie franchise - Bay or Hasbro.

5FDP
16th August 2010, 08:55 AM
Ultimately, it will be a test between who has more creative power/control over this movie franchise - Bay or Hasbro.

I'd say Hasbro considering their meeting with Bay after the second film to pass on the message that they weren't happy with the way their brand was being portrayed.

Skullcruncher
16th August 2010, 09:43 AM
Go Hasbro you can do it!

1AZRAEL1
16th August 2010, 10:31 AM
I dunno about that, I don't know if I like the idea of killing him off. But it doesn't say that it is true yet, so I will wait to see it.

Vector Sigma 13
16th August 2010, 04:01 PM
Starscream finally gets it- again.

Sky Shadow
16th August 2010, 04:10 PM
If it's the end of a trilogy then there's no reason not to kill anyone. And aren't the bad guys in particular supposed to die? Transformers die and come back to life all in various franchises all the time anyway. It's not like Hasbro hasn't let a Starscream die in a Transformer movie before. This is meaningless.

kup
16th August 2010, 05:17 PM
Due to some awesome storytelling, death is meaningless in the Bayformers world. So if they want to make Prime, Megatron, Starscream or anyone's (even Sam's!) death into a big finale - It has already failed even before the freaking scene is filmed.

Dkaris
16th August 2010, 10:32 PM
I have no problem with starscream or any other transformer copping it, but let them be killed by another bot and not a human. If starscream is taken out by a human i will tear out my luscious golden locks of blonde hair.

King Atlas
17th August 2010, 09:17 PM
Heh, am I the only who is hoping Bumblebee dies? (Seriously)

Bartrim
18th August 2010, 09:31 AM

This is actually the first franchise where I don't mind Bumblebee:p

Towers_Spy
21st August 2010, 02:33 PM

Nope! Maybe then people would be like 'oh hey, there's other characters that are better, instead of the cute and cuddly hyooman protector'

I guess it just bugs me when I tell people I like TF and they go 'omg so do i, i just love BB he's my fave' :rolleyes:

kup
23rd August 2010, 12:16 PM
Nope! Maybe then people would be like 'oh hey, there's other characters that are better, instead of the cute and cuddly hyooman protector'

I guess it just bugs me when I tell people I like TF and they go 'omg so do i, i just love BB he's my fave' :rolleyes:

Those type of people are what a member on another board has dubbed 'Hipster Douchebags'. They like such things not on their own accord but because they feel it's cool or 'popular' to do so.

SharkyMcShark
23rd August 2010, 12:32 PM
In the real world we call them "casual fans".

Anyway I've got no issue if the mentioned character is killed in the manner that is mentioned in the rumour.

griffin
23rd August 2010, 01:33 PM
Wise words once said by Larry Ditillio (from Beast Wars) for his season cliffhangers - 'Kill em all and let Hasbro sort it out'.