19th August 2010, 01:31 PM
Toy Review - Skywarp

Series - Universe-25th Anniversary
Sub-line - Masterpiece
Size/class - N/A
New/remould/redeco - Redeco
Wave - N/A
Released here - November 2009
Approximate Retail Price - $100-120 (Toyworld excl)
Approximate Size - 25cm
Allegiance - Decepticon
Alt-mode - F-15 fighter jet
Main Features/Gimmicks - 'Masterpiece figure'
Main Colours - Black, purple, silver.
Main Accessories - 2x arm guns, 2x missiles, human figurine, gun-clip, display base & stand.

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/tftoys/2010excl01.jpg

5FDP
19th August 2010, 06:54 PM
Skywarp was my fav seeker and black is just soooo sexy. He displays nicely in the box :p

1AZRAEL1
20th August 2010, 02:10 PM
Skywarp was my fav seeker and black is just soooo sexy. He displays nicely in the box :p

Displays even better outside the box :p

Skywarp is cool. Nuff said.

GoktimusPrime
20th August 2010, 02:28 PM
*high-fives* :)

I already got the Japanese version ages ago and I'm happy with it - but I must say the Hasbro version looks pretty nice too. I love the G1 toy-accurate colour scheme, 'cept for the black feet which look dull (they should be purple). Does Hasbro Skywarp come with Dr. Arkeville? If so, does he have Caucasian skintone like Hasbro's MP Starscream's Arkeville or is it black like Tomy's MP Skywarp's Arkie?

1AZRAEL1
20th August 2010, 02:34 PM

:D :D

I already got the Japanese version ages ago and I'm happy with it - but I must say the Hasbro version looks pretty nice too. I love the G1 toy-accurate colour scheme, 'cept for the black feet which look dull (they should be purple). Does Hasbro Skywarp come with Dr. Arkeville? If so, does he have Caucasian skintone like Hasbro's MP Starscream's Arkeville or is it black like Tomy's MP Skywarp's Arkie?

You are right about the feet, but I can look passed that fact. I can't remember what Arkie looks like with Skywarp. I might try paint him anyway :p

SharkyMcShark
20th August 2010, 02:45 PM
I got the Habro MP Screamer when I graduated high school a few years back, but despite already owning the mold a few months back I cracked and got skywarp (he'd been warming shelves at my local toyworld for months).

He feels more durable than Screamer - I've transformed him multiple times and none of the stress marks and cracking that appeared on Starscream have shown up. The Dr Archeville figure is mostly useless (its entirely unpainted), although it makes a handy holo avatar standin.

It's worth a buy.

SharkyMcShark
20th August 2010, 02:46 PM

Hasbro Archeville is unpainted black

5FDP
20th August 2010, 03:31 PM

:D :D

Get a room you two :p Nothing you do or say will make me take him out of the box ;) :)

GoktimusPrime
21st August 2010, 12:03 AM
Get a room you two :p
We did. And Deceptic_Optic was with us too, demanding that we pay. Damn pimp. :D

Nothing you do or say will make me take him out of the box ;) :)
"Purple monkey dishwasher."

SharkyMcShark
7th September 2010, 12:54 PM
Right so I've dug this out to have a play with it and I'm left with the same two questions I've always had across the two versions of this mold I've had

1. There's no way to get the vents/shoulders to lock down is there? (so that when you move the arms up the shoulders don't untransform)

2. Likewise, there's no way to get the torso 'locked in' is there? So it doesn't start sliding up during play/posing

Tallestblue
7th September 2010, 10:53 PM
You mean the turbines that flip up to reveal missiles?
The..er...ummm...Jet...boobs..?

SharkyMcShark
7th September 2010, 11:47 PM
You mean the turbines that flip up to reveal missiles?
The..er...ummm...Jet...boobs..?

haha yes the jet boobs with the missile nips

LordCyrusOmega
8th September 2010, 01:35 AM
My only gripe with this figure is that he didn't come with the card and booklet like the Tamara one. Apart from that he was worth the money.