PDA

View Full Version : New Fansproject XF03!

KaRNiV8L PRiME
21st August 2010, 06:18 PM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j51/PreciousJenn96/IMG_0603.jpg

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/other-news-20/pictorial-review-of-fansproject-bruticus-new-product-on-the-way-170440/

"On the last page is an interesting little feature showing the line of Fansprojects Crossfire products. Included is of course 01 (Superion) and 02 (Bruticus) but also there is a space for 03 (?). What could this be? The new combiner they are working on? Or perhaps Devastator will be getting the Fansproject treatment as well."

http://i.ebayimg.com/23/!Bdh6lhg!mk~$(KGrHqQH-EIErfj4eclCBK5SNucb1!~~_35.JPG

I really hope this is not an upgrade kit for Energon Constructicon Devastator as the price is far too high already but if it were a completely new Devastator, I'd be extremely happy

FFN
21st August 2010, 06:31 PM
Maybe it will be an all-new combiner using the same connection ports? Energon Constructicon Maximus/Classics Devastator has not been around for quite a long time. I figure the reason the initial Crossfires were made because the Universe/ROTF Superion and Bruticus figures would be available in reasonable quantities by the time the upgrade sets were released.

edit: Also, it's probable Fansproject would know of TFC's own upcoming Devastator and avoid doing something with Energon/Classics Devastator themselves.

kup
21st August 2010, 07:03 PM
I suspect that it's that Glacier bot release which will be FansProject's first product that isn't directly based on Transformers characters. Their first fully original toy characters.

As much as I would love a Constructicon Maximus upgrade, I doubt it would happen as that mold doesn't really allow much room to work with. Where do you incorporate the 6th Constructicon in the design? It works with Bruticus Maximus as he is originally a 5 team Scramble city combiner and that is what the Energon combiners are directly based on but not 6.

The only way that I can think of an upgrade for Constructicon Maximus is if the '6th' Constructicon ends up being a parts former which disassembles to add the extra bits on the combiner (new head, hands, feet, etc) but that would severely compromise the figure's design.

SharkyMcShark
21st August 2010, 08:10 PM
They could replace the central bot with two others (which would work because ostensibly the the Constructicons are meant to all be the same size).

However then you're left with duplicate limbs still.

1AZRAEL1
21st August 2010, 08:51 PM
I think because Devastator was such a small release, I doubt t will be an upgrade to them.

bruticus
21st August 2010, 11:21 PM
i cant wait to hear further news about this!!
i would be extremely happy if it turns out to be classics/energon devastator (cos i have 2 of them atm and they fell down the fugly tree hitting every branch along the way).

As much as I would love a Constructicon Maximus upgrade, I doubt it would happen as that mold doesn't really allow much room to work with. Where do you incorporate the 6th Constructicon in the design? It works with Bruticus Maximus as he is originally a 5 team Scramble city combiner and that is what the Energon combiners are directly based on but not 6
ahem... it has been done already (L_K's Classics Devastator (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/270590-sc-devastator.html))... based on energon/classics devastator. g1 look. 6 figures. engineering and details are just pure awesomeness!!!

kidbash/yourreflection have also attempted this upgrade kit. so anything is possible these days. :D

kup
21st August 2010, 11:47 PM
i cant wait to hear further news about this!!
i would be extremely happy if it turns out to be classics/energon devastator (cos i have 2 of them atm and they fell down the fugly tree hitting every branch along the way).

ahem... it has been done already (L_K's Classics Devastator (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/270590-sc-devastator.html))... based on energon/classics devastator. g1 look. 6 figures. engineering and details are just pure awesomeness!!!

kidbash/yourreflection have also attempted this upgrade kit. so anything is possible these days. :D

I am still skeptical. FansProjects would need to produce not just two new bots but at least three (2 for center bot and 1 for a limb) to make it work. Perhaps a fourth would be necessary in order to make each limb unique.

It may be doable but it seems far too complex for a commercial mass released product. Naturally, I am of course hoping to be wrong as I would love a G1 upgrade for that set. :)

FFN
25th August 2010, 07:36 AM
Venksta and some others in the know seem to believe this is that beast combiner, which we saw in art form way back. Venksta also said (if I understand correctly) that "Crossfire" actually refers to different designers working with Fansproject, rather than being specifically combiners.

Lord_Zed
26th August 2010, 08:03 PM
I don't see why it couldn't be a Devestator upgrade kit, people are presuming to much to think that they will do another Crossfire set, they might simply go for the option they did with the Arielbots and add some fists and feet.

Or maybe they will add two new bots to replace the duplicate arms, I don't see them replacing the torso with two new bots outside of fan fantasies. Fans Projects seem to be about upgrading rather than outright replacing everything with more accurate stuff, I think if they do add new combiner bots their focus would be on replacing cloned limbs.

Hursticon
26th August 2010, 08:35 PM
I don't see why it couldn't be a Devestator upgrade kit, people are presuming to much to think that they will do another Crossfire set, they might simply go for the option they did with the Arielbots and add some fists and feet.

Or maybe they will add two new bots to replace the duplicate arms, I don't see them replacing the torso with two new bots outside of fan fantasies. Fans Projects seem to be about upgrading rather than outright replacing everything with more accurate stuff, I think if they do add new combiner bots their focus would be on replacing cloned limbs.

You're dead right Lord Zed, they probably would do exactly what you said but what IMO is preventing them from doing that is the fact that, compared to the Aerialbots and Combaticons, the Constructicons saw quite a limited release (Online exclusive if memory serves, at least a TRU exclusive) apart from their original run.

The Aerialbots and Combaticons had their original run, Classics/Universe 2.0 and ROTF - so there was much more of a chance of more people owning more of those two sets, making it more financially viable for Fansproject to make kits for them and less likely the Constructicons.

Mind you, they could very well be making the next Crossfire kit for the Constructicons and if they are, there is going to be a lot of annoyed people at the lack of availability of the base set courtesy of Hasbro. :p:D

Lord_Zed
27th August 2010, 01:23 PM
All true, though the original release of the Constructicons was no less common than Ultramagnus, so I think they would realise there is a decent market.

The Glacier bot combiner that we've seen in pics will be a risky propsition in itself, as it's not directly related to Transformers like the other upgrades are. I would think they would want to test the waters more before they release something that ambitious.

There is always the possibility the next release might end up being a Devestator upgrade that is less ambitous than Crossfire.

liegeprime
27th August 2010, 05:36 PM
Erm what Glacier bot are you guys referring to again? sorry :o

kup
27th August 2010, 07:57 PM
Erm what Glacier bot are you guys referring to again? sorry :o

It's a new gestalt concept made by FansProject (not based on any G1 character) but still inspired by the G1 Scramble City combiner concept .

Here are some pics:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/4/0/5/9/7/P2504090017_1240740807.jpg

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/4/0/5/9/7/P2504090016_1240740807.jpg

In case you missed it, here is Not-Broadside and Not-Wreckgar:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/4/0/5/9/7/P2504090006_1240740807.jpg

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/4/0/5/9/7/P2504090011_1240740807.jpg

jaydisc
27th August 2010, 10:02 PM
My theory (and hope) is that it's for Classics/Energon Devastator. However, I don't expect something as ambitious as changing the amount of bots. I expect something similar to the Bruticus kit... 2 new limbs, a new head, plus accessories.

But then again, FP specialize in exceeding expectations.

chuttla
30th August 2010, 08:18 PM
its hard to say what x-fire 3 could be, but with x-fire 1 being superion upgrade, and x-fire 2 being bruticus upgrade, it does leaves one to assume that it could be an up grade for energon/classic devastator, which im sure fp could pull something off to give that mould a little more g1. and as lord-zed said, classics magnus was just as rare as classics devy, so who knows:confused:

1AZRAEL1
31st August 2010, 09:13 AM
Personally, I don't see UM being as rare as Devy. I at least saw UM in the stores, just didn't buy him when I did :(

iceburn
31st August 2010, 09:30 AM
My theory (and hope) is that it's for Classics/Energon Devastator. However, I don't expect something as ambitious as changing the amount of bots. I expect something similar to the Bruticus kit... 2 new limbs, a new head, plus accessories.

But then again, FP specialize in exceeding expectations.

how about another extra bot to make it six? :D

kup
31st August 2010, 11:50 AM
how about another extra bot to make it six? :D

That's my thought too but the trick is what do you do with it? It can't be as complex as a custom as you still need it streamlined and priced right for it to work.

The only way that I see this happening is if they completely dispose of the center bot. Then they could add two new figures that combine into the torso. However that is still rather lame given the clones limbs so they would have to be heavily upgraded or add at least two extra bots making them 4 new figures in total.

If it reaches a point in which 4 new bots make up the upgrade, then they may as well create a scratch built combiner as that would produce a better toy since they don't have to compensate for the flaws of the base figure.

As Lord_Zed said, it is possible that they could just produce a Crossfire 1 (Superion) type upgrade which just upgrades the figure by giving it a new head, hands and feet but that would feel rather short, specially after Bruticus. However I am still thinking that Crossfire 3 is the Glacier bot set.

Tallestblue
31st August 2010, 01:40 PM
However I am still thinking that Crossfire 3 is the Glacier bot set.

How sad and boring the reality of life is. *Sigh*

Paulbot
31st August 2010, 05:14 PM
Personally, I don't see UM being as rare as Devy. I at least saw UM in the stores, just didn't buy him when I did :(

Devy was rarer in Australia (since it was never sold here IIRC) but in the States it wasn't. I regret not buying one of the six I saw in Wal-Mart back in 2007 :o

kup
31st August 2010, 06:06 PM
There was a time when Ebay was flooded with Classics Devastators from the US.

Lord_Zed
31st August 2010, 07:21 PM
The Energon Devastator is close enough for a future upgrade set, especially if you replace the 2 non green limbs.

I've made my guess, and am sticking to it, until further information is received. At the moment we have the mysterious coming soon box in the instructions, but other than that bupkiss.

1AZRAEL1
31st August 2010, 09:25 PM
There was a time when Ebay was flooded with Classics Devastators from the US.

Yea they did flood it, and I missed it because I didn't know about them back then :o Now there are few that are on the expensive side.

FFN
1st September 2010, 03:00 AM
I expect to be ignored again, but:

Yeah, I learned what Xfire 3 is going to be, at the moment, last week from my friend. And its definitely not Devastator related. Originally, it was going to be a zoo-themed combiner, but it got scrapped in favor of something cooler. :)

Venskta has been reliable and knowledgeable so far, so no need to get all exciting and hopeful for a Devastator upgrade set that will most likely not happen.

kup
1st September 2010, 10:21 AM
I expect to be ignored again, but:

Venskta has been reliable and knowledgeable so far, so no need to get all exciting and hopeful for a Devastator upgrade set that will most likely not happen.

Yeah, Glacier bot. Although not TF related, I may get it depending on price and overall design.