PDA

View Full Version : How do you store your Lego?

Autocon
27th August 2010, 01:11 AM
do u keep it in boxes or put out for display? do u have them on shelves tables?

id love to see a big diorama with lots n lots n lots........n lots n lots of lego!:D

Eruntalon
27th August 2010, 03:27 AM
All of my lego is in a few very large plastic containers in a room in our roof, and it hasn't been touched for a few years now...

kurdt_the_goat
27th August 2010, 03:39 AM
I have some in an old Lego plastic briefcase thing, and the rest kinda colour separated into empty coffee & flour jars :)

daehenoc
27th August 2010, 10:51 AM
Currently my sets are on a rickety bookshelf, not very stable! I'm moving in a month or two, and at the new house they will have a proper display cabinet. Sets that aren't built are in plastic zip-lock bags in a box on the lowest shelf of the bookshelf :p

shokwave2
29th August 2010, 08:19 AM
All my childhood LEGO is in two big plastic boxes in the garage. The current Technic LEGO i'm collecting is in a glass display case. When i used to collect the SW LEGO years ago, they were displayed in my room on bookshelves, draws, etc, until i got married:o

Lint
29th August 2010, 11:20 AM
Currently most of my sets are semi-dismantled in boxes. All my minifigs are in sorted tins. A few of my sets are in ziplock bags and my old & random lego is in a plastic drum. I also have a 'showcase' where I can display a diorama but currently it's being used for TFs.

When I have my own place thats big enough it will be permanent-diorama time.

liegeprime
29th August 2010, 11:40 AM
Currently I have them dismantled, I used to have them set up like a town. BUt they eat up a lot of space, and so that room is now the New Tf room and the old TF room is a soon to be guest room. All the legos are now stored in 3 x 94 liter plastic roller boxes. While a lot of my more recently bought Lego city sets have not been opened and are neatly piled.

This was years ago when the town was just starting
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/liegeprime/TFcollection-Australianportion037.jpg

then it got bigger and I moved it to the other room, but as I mentioned it got wrapped up coz I moved the Tfs there and now they're in storage.

Ill prolly post some of that larger town pics when I find it.

Sam
29th August 2010, 10:39 PM
For myself, it depends on which themes and sets they are. Space sets were always special to me, so they go in their original boxes, with instructions and original parts.

Other opened sets are sorted in clear plastic boxes, by type and colour.

Unopened sets are left as they are, also stored in the cupboard.

A few other sets are on display.

Here is a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPKI3hifpFc

LordCyrusOmega
30th August 2010, 02:16 PM
I keep mine in a plastic tub in my room. Unless the kids have been over. Then it's all over the place. I find Lego men in odd places. Like they go on explorations to distant worlds.