PDA

View Full Version : ID of Ebay Accessories: BW & G1

Verno
29th August 2010, 04:13 PM
I know I'm probably gonna annoy the hell out of someone, or many people, for posting this link, but I was bored today and tried to ID as many of these parts as I could.

eBay Item (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180553651470&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT)

Heres what I've got thus far, I'm not 100% on a couple of them:

Optimal Optimus Shields
Ravage
Rampage Cannon
Megs T-Rex Hip Missile
TM2 Cybershark Missile
TM2 Cybershark Launcher
TM Optimal Optimus Gun
Cybershark Left Fin
TM2 Cybershark Left Fin
Dragstrip Plasma Energy Blaster
Dragstrip Plasma Energy Blaster w/ Connector
Blast Off Ionic Blaster
Twin Twist Semi-Automatic Cannon-Rifle
Mirage Missile
Rippersnapper Cyclone gun
Kup Musket Laser
Metroplex Rear Tower
Minispy White Porche
Astrotrain Left-hand side panel
Slog/Monstructor Solar Cannon
Onslaught Small Chestplate
Vortex Left side-mounted cannon
Gunrunner Rifle
Skalor Left Dual Crustation Rifle
Overbite Jawbreaker Cannon
Topspin Particle Beam Cannon
Grapple Arc-welder Rifle
Hook/Devastator Laser
Military Patrol Tracer - Blades
Vortex Left side-mounted cannon
Reflector Opto Blaster
Springer Laser

I'm by no means calling dibs on the auction, though I have asked the seller for a postage quote to Australia. It might help someone, or a few members around here.

1AZRAEL1
29th August 2010, 04:17 PM
Talk about coincidence, I was looking at that auction ealier on and had no idea on most of the parts :p

Oilspill
30th August 2010, 01:50 AM
I see one of Overkill's weapons in there I think. And a Targetmaster of some sort. Without looking it up, maybe Nightstick? Firebolt? I think those guys were coloured similarly?

Anyway, if someone does win it, I'd be keen on Kup's gun. I refuse to pay the ridiculous $18-20 BIN prices on eBay, but I've yet to see it at $10 which is what I'd be happier paying.

Verno
30th August 2010, 08:25 AM
I might try and pick it up then. I know Hursticon would kill for an Op Op Gun.

kup
30th August 2010, 09:39 AM
Changed thread title for clarity.

Hursticon
30th August 2010, 12:54 PM

In the words of Austin 3:16 - "Oh Hell Yeah!" :p:D

I most certainly would like to get my hands on that, sure beats the $21 cost of this one (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BW-Optimal-Optimus-Rifle-1998-/250665698871?pt=AU_Action_Figures).
Cheers for keeping me in mind Verno :D

snaketales
30th August 2010, 01:17 PM
I might try and pick it up then.

If you do I'd love me some Op Op shields....:D (i too was looking at this item but only for the shields)

Hursticon
30th August 2010, 02:20 PM
Hey Verno,

I've done my best in trying to identify some of those unidentified weapons for you, though the pic being so small and low-res didn't help :p

- G1 Overkill Gun (Confirmed)
- Beast Wars Waspinator Missile ?
- G1 Hot Spot Hose (Interested in this :p)
- G1 Six Gun Rifle (Metroplex)
- G1 Scamper Arm (Metroplex)
- Beast Wars Rampage Cannon
- G1 Vortex Center Gun (Interested in this too :p)
- G1 Vortex Side Gun (Possibly Right Side)
- G1 Gun Runner Side Gun
- G1 Jazz Missile Launcher (Missing Mount ?)
- G1 Targetmaster Nightstick (Cyclonus)

Hope that helps mate.
If you win, I'd love the 2 items mentioned too :p:D

1AZRAEL1
30th August 2010, 02:25 PM
I'd be interested in Topspins gun and Gunrunners' guns and Metroplex tower as well as a few other things.

Anyone actually planning on going for it and splitting it up?

Hursticon
30th August 2010, 02:27 PM
I'd be interested in Topspins gun as well as a few other things.

Anyone actually planning on going for it and splitting it up?

See this dude :p:

Verno
30th August 2010, 03:17 PM
Geez, no pressure lads :p

Well I'll try my best.

But once I do recieve them, we'll have to come up with some kind of fair method to decide who gets what pieces.

I'm in favour of testing a new method I've had in my head for a while. An 'On Board' Auction. Have a start and end time. People reply with their bids up to the end point, no bids to be received after that time. Highest bidder wins. I can't think of a fairer way than that.

1AZRAEL1
30th August 2010, 03:26 PM
I hadn't realised you were going to try to win it :o

And I think that can be a fair way of doing it, just have to see that it doesn't go awry.

Or just do it first in best dressed with whatever price you have on each item.

Verno
30th August 2010, 03:28 PM
Ah, but you see, thats the thing - I don't know what they're worth.

No one really knows what TF parts are worth. We pander to Yanks and Poms who sell us parts for whatever price they desire. This way, someone pays what they're prepared to pay, not a cent more.

1AZRAEL1
30th August 2010, 03:33 PM
Good point.

But you could always slap a price on it and have open offers. Though your way seems much easier to manage :p

Verno
30th August 2010, 03:35 PM
It was just an idea. Plus it avoids eBay fees :p

5FDP
30th August 2010, 03:43 PM
I'm in favour of testing a new method I've had in my head for a while. An 'On Board' Auction. Have a start and end time. People reply with their bids up to the end point, no bids to be received after that time. Highest bidder wins. I can't think of a fairer way than that.

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be allowed to do this, but hey... I'm not a mod :o :)

1AZRAEL1's idea about putting a price on them and being open to public offers would be the best way IMO.

Verno
30th August 2010, 03:53 PM
I certainly wouldn't do it without their permission ;) But I can't see why they wouldn't be for the idea. It would get people on and about the boards regularly.

kup
30th August 2010, 04:11 PM
I certainly wouldn't do it without their permission ;) But I can't see why they wouldn't be for the idea. It would get people on and about the boards regularly.

The idea would have to be cleared by Griffin but as 1Azrael1 said, it has to be done very carefully as it has the potential to go awry if any of the bidders is unhappy with the result.

griffin
30th August 2010, 06:06 PM
I don't see a problem with publicly posted bids and a set time limit (relating to the clock on the forum - Brisbane time)... if it is an easier system than posting up set prices for dozens of items and then having people haggling over individual items (and keep track of it all).
An auction system would just need the one viewing of the posts after the time has ended, and colate the highest bids. (questions about the condition of items could be PMed, or posted)

A simpler system would it more likely Verno would be willing to split up the lot for people... otherwise he could just take the easier option of selling what's left as a bulk lot and let the buyer deal with it all.

It could be a trial of this procedure as an option for future sale listings without resorting to ebay... for those who aren't on ebay or don't have paypal.

Oilspill
30th August 2010, 06:32 PM
Sounds like a great idea to trial anyway. See if it works.
As long as people know before hand what state the items are in.

If this does happen, it'd be cool if the auction is over more than a 24hr period. I may be in and out of internet access for the next few weeks which might make it difficult to bid.

But don't stress Verno, you may not even win the auction. Don't put yourself in any chance of making a financial loss on our account :D. Probably best to just treat this as an easier way of getting rid of those unwanted items (compared to eBay).

Verno
30th August 2010, 06:53 PM
Well I've got the nod from the top so if I do manage to win the lot (I'll give it a good crack) we'll see how we go.

Yeh, the auction will be over a few days I recon, maybe 5, give people time who don't have access to the net every day to put in a bid.

I'll come up with some terms and conditions while the auction ends :cool:

5FDP
30th August 2010, 06:56 PM
Best of luck with the eBay auction Verno :)

Hursticon
30th August 2010, 07:22 PM
lol, I was just about to offer $20 for the 3 parts I was interested in, then I read all the posts after my last one. :p:D

Ok, so,
Pending if Verno is able to win the auction, we will trial a forum based auction system?, sounds interesting. :)

Verno
30th August 2010, 07:42 PM
What are peoples thoughts of items ending on a Sunday afternoon/evening? I don't know when the boards traffic is highest.

Verno
31st August 2010, 12:07 AM
1st draft of the terms and conditions. Feel free to make comment and additions.

OzFormers Online Auctions Terms & Conditions:

1. All auctions have a standard time limit of 5 days (120 hours) unless stipulated otherwise by the seller.
2. The start time is determined by the seller.
3. The end time is determined by the seller.
4. Bids received after the end time cannot be accepted and will be rendered void.
5. The starting price is determined by the seller.
6. Payment must be made within 3 days of auction end, or by a predetermined time organised with the seller before the auction ends.
7. The seller reserves the right to refuse to sell to another member if he/she believes the bidder will fail to make payment. If this is the case, the 2nd highest bidder becomes the winning bidder at their maximum bid price.
8. Postage is not included in the final winning bid price, unless stated so by the seller.
9. Bid increases are made by a minimum of $0.25, with a maximum to be determined by the bidder.
10. All prices are in Australian Dollars.
11. Auction threads are not for discussion. They are solely for the placement of bids.
12. Please respect your fellow board members and please bid responsibly.

Autocon
31st August 2010, 01:19 AM
oh could i try this with some figures? snapper armordillo insecticon dreadwing overcast swindle payload with starting prices of $8 per figure?

or is this just for ebay lot buys?

Verno
31st August 2010, 08:35 AM
You can work it whatever way you like. You're more than welcome to be the guinea pig for the 1st couple of auctions. I suggest you start a topic in the Swindle Sales Yard.

Also, what are peoples thought on a BIN price? Would the BIN price remain after a bid has been placed or should it be removed? Should there even be one in the 1st place?

griffin
31st August 2010, 11:48 AM
An auction/bids should only to be a last resort on items you aren't sure about the value... so no BIN. If people have a price in mind, then list it as a regular sale. It'll be too messy having both. If you want a minimum amount for an item (like a reserve), then that should be the starting bid.
That should help make the process more transparent (nothing hidden or conflicting).

Autocon
3rd September 2010, 07:25 PM
bin? if noone buys throw it in the bin :P

so i shall try this? will list ignisificant (sp) figures:p

off to sale thread!!!

edit: posted thread!

Verno
5th September 2010, 10:18 AM
Sorry guys. I couldn't come through with the goods.

snaketales
5th September 2010, 11:56 AM
Sorry guys. I couldn't come through with the goods.

Thanks for trying!

Just saw the closing price... phew! :eek:

1AZRAEL1
5th September 2010, 12:06 PM
No worries mate, you tried which I am grateful for anyway :)

At least it wasn't a complete bust, you did come up with a good idea for auctions on the forum. Just have to test it out to see how it goes.

Hursticon
6th September 2010, 03:18 AM
Thank you for at least trying Verno, much appreciated mate. :D

I too have just seen the ending price tag and Damn! :eek:, someone evidently wanted that LOT pretty badly huh? :p

Oh well, we'll just have to see what comes around the corner next eh? :)

Verno
6th September 2010, 01:12 PM
Cheers boys. But still, no one likes losing an auction. I've lost 4 in the past 3 days I think.