PDA

View Full Version : not strictly tf but...

morg176
2nd September 2010, 01:30 PM
but does anyone know, where in the illawarra one can purchase at decent prices the materials needed for making casts and moulds?

eg pourable silicon rubber and the 1 to 1 plastic resins that are poured into the rubber moulds to produce the piece.

there seems to be a distinct absence of these materials anywhere in the illawarra.

any info would be appreciated

sorry for the bad spelling

Hursticon
2nd September 2010, 01:37 PM
G'day Morg,

Good to see you mate, in regards to your question, have you tried the Yellow Pages? (Stupid Question I know), coz I reckon there has to be some business that would sell or perform what your asking in one of the many industrial estates around the Illawarra like: Unanderra, Oak Flats, Shellharbour (near Magnet Mart) or Wollongong.

I myself don't know of any specifically but yeah, there has to be something. :)

Tober
3rd September 2010, 01:25 AM
Barnes (http://www.barnes.com.au/catalog/)make some of the best supplies for moulding.

They are in Bankstown tho, but they do post supplies too.

morg176
4th September 2010, 03:18 PM
i just thought that there may have been an inexpensive supplier in the illawarra somewhere, looked in the phone book but nothing. looked everywhere i could think of but ... o well, you just cant buy that stuff in this steel city, odd really

LordCyrusOmega
4th September 2010, 03:55 PM
thats the illawarra for you..behind with all things.

In response to your question Uncle Pete's Wollongong used to do modelling stuff but that was before they moved, haven't checked recently though.