PDA

View Full Version : I am legend, question

benben2142
6th April 2008, 11:09 PM
Hey guys, how did people get infected, also how did his family die and also when his family went on the helicopter who launch those missiles, did they have a virus in the missiles? Although the movie was sad.

Tober
6th April 2008, 11:32 PM
SPOILERS
select text to read

People got infected through the supposed cure for cancer - it mutated into a deadly virus which was spread through the air.

His family died when their helicopter collided with another evacuating helicopter that was out of control due people panicing from the explosions.

The explosions were the bridges out of Manhattan Island being destroyed in an attempt to contain the virus.

benben2142
6th April 2008, 11:33 PM
Tell me, please.

Borgeman
6th April 2008, 11:35 PM
ben, drag your mouse over all the text in tobers post, and you will be able to read the stuff he wrote in white

George

benben2142
6th April 2008, 11:56 PM
SPOILERS
select text to read

People got infected through the supposed cure for cancer - it mutated into a deadly virus which was spread through the air.

His family died when their helicopter collided with another evacuating helicopter that was out of control due people panicing from the explosions.

The explosions were the bridges out of Manhattan Island being destroyed in an attempt to contain the virus.

How did the doctor survive? And why did they shoot the bridge? Also how come it's the whole world?

Borgeman
7th April 2008, 12:05 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Legend_%28film%29

SPOILERS BELOW:

they shot the bridge to stop people leaving manhattan which is an island in new york - the virus started there, so they did it to try and keep all the infected people on the island... obviously it didnt work (people can use boats/swim etc)

the whole world is infected as the virus could travel in the air, and over time i assume all the air on the earth had the infection, so you got infected while breathing..

George

Tober
7th April 2008, 12:17 AM
Thanks Borgeman :)

How did the doctor survive? And why did they shoot the bridge? Also how come it's the whole world?

Select the text below.

Doc survived because he was working on a cure. He continually injects himself with something that seems to be a temporary cure he has developed. Also there is a very small percentage of the population that are immune - he may have been one of them.

They destroyed the bridge so that people wouldnt be able to leave the island and spread the virus. This obviously failed as the whole world got infected. The virus may have spread to birds and insects and been transmitted overseas through water supplies - I don't think it was ever explained fully.

Tober
7th April 2008, 12:18 AM
Yeah, what Borgeman said. :P

STL
7th April 2008, 12:53 AM
Terrible remake of a movie in my opinion. Absolute trainwreck. Though it did get me to jump once or twice.

Tober
7th April 2008, 01:01 AM
Are you referring to first movie adaption, The Omega Man or the book?

I liked the beginning where he is hunting in the Mustang GT. It goes steadily downhill from there. There were a couple of other good scenes tho - like when he sees Fred.

turtle boy
7th April 2008, 01:38 AM
I dunno, I liked the movie quite abit, I've never seen or even heard of the "first" movie or the book.

STL
7th April 2008, 02:33 AM
Are you referring to first movie adaption, The Omega Man or the book?

I liked the beginning where he is hunting in the Mustang GT. It goes steadily downhill from there. There were a couple of other good scenes tho - like when he sees Fred.

First movie adapation. I agree that at the start its kind of cool. I like the shipyard scene but it drags out so predictably and that ending is so non-sensical.

Tober
7th April 2008, 02:45 AM
ok, cool. I saw Omega Man (with Charlton Heston who died this weekend actually) about 20 years ago but can't remember it that well. The first movie I heard was good.

GoktimusPrime
7th April 2008, 10:56 AM
benben: don't quote text that's been "spoiler tagged" as it undoes the spoiler tagging. Be considerate of others who don't want the story spoiled for them (even though this is a remake of an old b&w movie with Vincent Price based on an even older book by Richard Matheson).

http://torrents.bittorrent.com/cult/93fbdf0992f745aabc15e25d66e63cbe077f1077/xlarge.jpg

http://www.fanboy.com/images/i-am-legend.jpg

I've seen "The Last Man On Earth" (it was recently shown on Channel 31) but I haven't seen I Am Legend. I've heard that the Will Smith movie is more faithful to the original novel.

Paulbot
7th April 2008, 12:47 PM
Hated the movie.

Love the book but it's non Hollywood ending would never make it to a Will Smith movie.

autobreadticon
7th April 2008, 03:13 PM
Tell me, please.

:D

roller
7th April 2008, 10:22 PM
i am the eggman, they are the eggmen, i am the walrus goo goo gachoo!!!!

Jimreborn
11th April 2008, 04:55 AM
My thoughts exactly