PDA

View Full Version : FansProject's Shadow Scyther - Not SG Rodimus

kup
4th September 2010, 12:31 PM
Fans Projects has announced a Protector repaint which they are calling 'Shadow Scyther'.

Although only concept art and the figure's official name has been released, fans are calling it to be 'Shattered Glass Rodimus'.

http://www.fansproject.com/?p=541

He comes with a big Grim Reaper type cyber scythe hence it's name.

Hursticon
4th September 2010, 03:17 PM
Oh man, does this tickle my fancy!

A Transforming 'Death' or 'Grim Reaper' of the Tranformers Universe?
Oh, man, that is so awesome!, so, so awesome!

I want one!

LordCyrusOmega
4th September 2010, 03:33 PM
Like the concept.

I'll hold off on wanting it until i see more.

bruticus
4th September 2010, 04:12 PM
i hope that they are not expecting people to use the gentei wildrider or shattered glass rodimus with this!!! :eek: those figures are unbelievably expensive!!!
maybe the colour scheme will be complementary with the standard red rodimus?

1AZRAEL1
4th September 2010, 06:38 PM
i hope that they are not expecting people to use the gentei wildrider or shattered glass rodimus with this!!! :eek: those figures are unbelievably expensive!!!
maybe the colour scheme will be complementary with the standard red rodimus?

I was gong to say that ay. Hard enough to try and track one down now, the price will shoot through the roof if you have to use those 2. But I am intrgued to see more.

kup
4th September 2010, 07:39 PM
The figure may still look good with a regular Henkei/Classics Hotrod. It may actually be rather cool with a mixture of black and 'red'.

jaydisc
6th September 2010, 10:22 AM
Beautiful, but as undisplayable and thus near useless (to me) as Powered Convoy and Shadow Commander were.

Sky Shadow
6th September 2010, 10:33 AM
Beautiful, but as undisplayable and thus near useless (to me) as Powered Convoy and Shadow Commander were.

What makes something undisplayable? :confused:

jaydisc
6th September 2010, 11:58 AM
It's 100% subjective. It means it doesn't have a place in my display. My displays typically match fictional references that are dear to me. Thus, made up characters or Diaclone repaints are virtually useless to me, unless I can repurpose them. I've considered repurposing a Nemesis with Shadow Commander as a Motormaster, but it's a stretch (would work best in alt mode). I can't think of a repurposing for this figure.

I'd much rather see FP repaint/remold their Defender into the Roadbuster lookalike in the Defender comic. That's displayable :)

Lord_Zed
6th September 2010, 12:12 PM
He's got a new hat, uh I mean a Scythe! :D

He must be a cybertronian energon farmer.

1AZRAEL1
6th September 2010, 12:46 PM
More pictures and even already available for preorder at TFSource (http://www.tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/1827/) and RobotKingdom (http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=FP0004B&lang=us&CatID=73_2) and damn expensive. I think I may miss it.

1AZRAEL1
6th September 2010, 12:50 PM
You know what is strange? The fact that there is a preorder for this set before the normal set. And also one thing we haven't seen with the normal set so far is the Wing Extensions.

kup
6th September 2010, 01:56 PM
It says that he comes with a new "evil face" (Probably a Mirror Universe Spock goatee or a skull face) and a chain sword. The chain sword is probably like the ones the W40k marines use.

Edit: after having a good look at the pic, I realized that the chain sword actually assembles with the pole to form the scythe. It's still cool though as you have a choice of 'evil' weaponry.

http://kupscigar.com/fun/scythe.jpg

1AZRAEL1
6th September 2010, 02:23 PM
It is pretty cool.

Now I wonder, because this one comes with wing extenders, does that mean that the normal edition come with it?

Lint
6th September 2010, 02:39 PM
^sure looks like it doesn't it?

They should sell the 'bonus parts' separately. I would totally buy it as it would make an excellent accessory for other TFs.

kaiden
7th September 2010, 05:38 PM
RK has sold out - any other comparable place to buy this from?

gdmetro
7th September 2010, 06:09 PM
RK has sold out - any other comparable place to buy this from?

They still had 8 left, I just broke down and got one.

QUICK!!!

Hammerstorm
7th September 2010, 07:04 PM
You know what is strange? The fact that there is a preorder for this set before the normal set. And also one thing we haven't seen with the normal set so far is the Wing Extensions.

I too found that odd. But it is for sure truly kick ass! and yes, i must have one. Goodbye my short lived savings. :D

kup
7th September 2010, 08:06 PM
I share similar reasons to Jay for not getting it. I think the concept is awesome but I have no desire to get it. Although I do like the mirror universe concept but I do not like it enough to buy exclusive toys/repaints. This 'Not SG Rodimus' is a completely made up character that requires a core toy which I don't own nor plan to get in the future due to lack of interest so it's a no.

I will only get the Protector release. I find it odd that this Scyther repaint went on pre-order before Protector. Perhaps Protector will end up being a repaint of Scyther?

kaiden
7th September 2010, 09:52 PM
They still had 8 left, I just broke down and got one.

QUICK!!!

yeah i just checked again, and it was accepting more orders so i bought it and the 3 pack of cyclonus, hot rod and galvatron.

I'm gonna repaint the hot rod to go with shadow scyther

gdmetro
7th September 2010, 10:21 PM
yeah i just checked again, and it was accepting more orders so i bought it and the 3 pack of cyclonus, hot rod and galvatron.

I'm gonna repaint the hot rod to go with shadow scyther

I was kind of thinking the same thing- Shouldnt be too hard to repaint it?

I dont know- never tried repainting or customizing. But I can sit on it until I can attempt it.

Hursticon
8th September 2010, 07:40 AM
Hey guys, courtesy of Seibertron.com (http://www.seibertron.com/):

An updated colour scheme pic of Shadow Scythe (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/update-color-scheme-image-of-fansproject-shadow-scyther-armor/19716/).

http://www.seibertron.com/images/news/gfx/1283877806_shadow_color.jpg

kaiden
8th September 2010, 08:51 AM
Some info of interest :

TFX-04B: Shadow Scythe
Release Date: Late 2010.
M.S.R.P: $94.99USD.
Available at:
North America - 300pc
Asia - 300pc

Special Thank you:
FansProject would like to thank you all for the feedback!!!
As requested by our Fans, we had added new extra bonus.....
-Additional pair of:
"Chromed dark color add-on wings and spoiler".

For Fans, by Fans!
-FansProject Team.

liegeprime
8th September 2010, 09:00 AM
Shinigami Rodimus!!

1AZRAEL1
8th September 2010, 09:06 AM
I do like the look of him, he looks uber evil. I like evil :D

But I don't think I will buy him. Too close to xmas and too many other commitments I have to worry about.

lcz128
19th September 2010, 07:59 AM
I didn't even know he was available for preorder when he sold out :( Sigh

kaiden
19th September 2010, 01:26 PM
I didn't even know he was available for preorder when he sold out :( Sigh

he sold out in 1 day. I luckily managed to order one.

fatbot
19th September 2010, 03:40 PM
he sold out in 1 day. I luckily managed to order one.

Same

Although I do have SG Rodimus, I may steal someone's example and paint me up a Rodimus for this so I can have the Normal SG Roddy and his Powered Up version.:D