PDA

View Full Version : First Look at Transformers: Prime Graphic Novel

i_amtrunks
7th September 2010, 07:15 PM
Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1600108326?ie=UTF8&tag=transformers-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1600108326) have posted up the first interior images of the upcoming Transformers: Prime Graphic Novel.

The preview includes the cover, interior pages (including the story focusing on Cliffjumper and Arcee) as well as some Prime concept art.

Be warned that the contents obviously contain some spoilers, showing the new look for a Decepticon enemy that until now had not been seen before.

i_amtrunks
7th September 2010, 07:17 PM
And wow, the designs for the decepticon have taken more than a bit of inspiration from Animated, while really trying to keep the overall visual style very mush in vein of the movie aesthetic (while giving the robot modes true faces, rather than mashed up insectoid looking things.)

And nice to see them giving the Hotshot/Bumblebee characters a break as the "main" character, at least for a while.

5FDP
7th September 2010, 07:39 PM
Hmmm... that bridge looks familiar ;)

I actually like those concept designs. They give it a 'dark' feel. Fingers crossed the completed animation looks as good.

And nice to see them giving the Hotshot/Bumblebee characters a break as the "main" character, at least for a while.

Could it be that Hasbro listen to their fans :rolleyes: :p

SilverDragon
7th September 2010, 07:57 PM
I have to say, I love the Cliffjumper/Arcee team-up.

I don't feel anything in particular for the designs. They're alright, not incredibly good or bad. Starscream just feels a bit weird, but I presume he'll get an Earth mode, and I'll get used to it.

kup
7th September 2010, 09:12 PM
The designs are definitely 'Movie in Animated style'.

I can't say that it's an attractive mix and it will probably put off the people who were put of by the Animated style but if the stories and characters are good then I will probably like it.

BigPenney
7th September 2010, 09:50 PM
I am really digging those designs, especially that Cliffjumpper. :D
This just makes me hope we end up getting a Prime toy line.

jaydisc
8th September 2010, 03:21 PM
Can't wait to see the toys.

5FDP
8th September 2010, 03:44 PM
Can't wait to see the toys.

I'm waiting on someone to kitbash one. All it would take is a movie and Animated Bumblebee and hey presto - Transformers: Prime Bumblebee :D

Tallestblue
8th September 2010, 06:58 PM
It is a very nice amalgam of movie and Animated aesthetics. Sort of "Were sorry!" From Hasbro. I will be very interested to see how the toys translate the design when (if) they come out. Not such a fan of Blue Arcee. Not usually a such a Gee-wunner, But any deviation from the "Pink Robot Princess Leia" concept doesn't feel right to me.

SharkyMcShark
8th September 2010, 07:24 PM
It looks alright. Im not a big fan of that Starscream yet, it looks too much like Voldermort.

I'm sure it'll grow on me

Sort of "Were sorry!" From Hasbro.

For what?

Tallestblue
8th September 2010, 10:10 PM
The Animated Elements blended into Transformers Prime seem to be an apology from Hasbro for ditching Animated so fast.

foor
8th September 2010, 10:40 PM
worst.starscream.EVER

MV75
9th September 2010, 09:43 AM
Bulky cliffjumper looks great. Some elements from wfc in there too. Pity it couldn't all be that, but they have to loosly tie in to the movie asethetics due to it airing closely to it unfortunately.

I also like the scetch of the earth base. I wonder where I've seen that design before.....?......

..... S.T.A.L.K.E.R. science bunkers. :)