PDA

View Full Version : bwtf.com on hiatus.

griffin
7th April 2008, 05:14 PM
I found this out today and found it a bit depressing. For those who have been around a while, one of the longest running fan info websites, www.bwtf.com (http://www.bwtf.com) (run by Ben Yee since about 1995), has been taken down and a short message put up to say that it should be returning later in a new form. I hope he does bring it back, but he is such a busy person with limited spare funds (hence all the advertising he had to put on the website), I fear that we may not see it return again in any form.
Fingers crossed though.

Gutsman Heavy
7th April 2008, 05:24 PM
I saw that it was taken down a few weeks ago. Sad day, I liked his positive reviews, genuine passion there.

dirge
7th April 2008, 07:03 PM
While I can't disclose too much, the hiatus is more a result of a bad situation than a lack of time. Ben is still keen to bring BWTF back after this enforced hiatus.

Pulse
7th April 2008, 07:27 PM
12-13 years of running a TF website sure is a long time. It's a shame. For people like benben who may not have heard of BWTF, here's a clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=batj_kHhqC0

Scattershot
7th April 2008, 07:43 PM
I remember it one of the first Transformers sites I came across and regularly visited when I first started to use the net in about 1996-97. Shame to hear about the news. Hope he can get it back on its feet.

GoktimusPrime
7th April 2008, 08:11 PM
Yeah, I remember that site back in its old acweb.com days. ;)

It's had hiatuses and been rebuilt a few times before, I'm sure that it will be back again. We all know that Ben is a highly dedicated fan and I'm sure that he will have his site back and running some day as soon as he can. :)

Robzy
7th April 2008, 08:54 PM
Yeah, sad news! :( I always liked this site and visited it for many years!

roller
7th April 2008, 08:57 PM
While I can't disclose too much,

so your saying you cant talk because their holding a gun to your head for silence?:confused:

Twould be a shame if it goes, since its very very good and old, i like old very good things

Borgeman
7th April 2008, 10:23 PM
i noticed that a couple of days ago - i wanted to show a mate at uni the goodness of BTs... so i had to use less exiting sites.... :(

George

dirge
7th April 2008, 10:42 PM
so your saying you cant talk because their holding a gun to your head for silence?:confused:

I'm saying that what I know of the situation was disclosed in confidence.

Onoj
8th April 2008, 11:31 AM
I remember when I first got the internet in year 4, I typed beast wars in altavista (google wasnt around back then) and beastwars.net was one of the first sites listed. I used to go on it regularly. Hope it comes back soon

Kyle
8th April 2008, 12:07 PM
Ben's site was the most informative site back when I got back into TFs through BW in 97/98. Best wishes to him.

i_amtrunks
8th April 2008, 12:07 PM
Yeah its been down for a while, I like reading his reviews, because if he says a figure is "meh" or bad, then you know the figure has some serious flaws, since he is usually very positive.

roller
8th April 2008, 12:10 PM
I remember when I first got the internet in year 4, I typed beast wars in altavista (google wasnt around back then) and beastwars.net was one of the first sites listed. I used to go on it regularly. Hope it comes back soon

think i was in yr 6 when i did the same thing, but i got some rather disturbing naughty sites mixed in with the beast wars tfs sites:p

griffin
8th April 2008, 12:25 PM
I think it was one of the longest running fan info websites, and just about anyone who has been online since the mid 90s would have either found it as one of their first TFs internet searches, or known about it. I liked the way it had archived a lot of info that wasn't found elsewhere, like the mis-transformed gallery (advertising or Hasbro not knowing how to transform the figure being advertised).

dirge
8th April 2008, 10:23 PM
I remember when Ben _launched_ BWTF.com. Showing my age...