PDA

View Full Version : MP Galvatron - new and improved version

kelvinchang99
13th September 2010, 10:22 PM
--- Updated pics 16/09/10 ---

Hope you guys like this :) .. new photoshoot.

-----------------------------

I have spent quite some time working on this and have gotten to a place where I am happy to show this.

This is a rehaul of my very early attempt of the Galvatron last year. New and improved with many of the proportions fixed, added close to toon arms, new paint job and most of all, transformable.

This is still a little way to go, so hope to have more progress updates soon.

Thanks for looking.

1orion2many
13th September 2010, 11:06 PM
:)Very Nice KC99 but do we expect anything less from you;):)

Lint
13th September 2010, 11:08 PM
That is pretty damn cool!

Hursticon
14th September 2010, 04:11 AM
Awesome Kelvin! very nice indeed! :D

I'm loving the proportions, didn't see the original ones you had, but these look great as do the colours.

I look forward to seeing the end result. :)

liegeprime
14th September 2010, 07:39 AM
I see you are already preparing him for a beat down with the upcoming MP Rodimus :D Well done KC! I really like the head mold.

gamblor916
14th September 2010, 08:52 AM
Nice! Where/how did you get the headsculpt?

1AZRAEL1
14th September 2010, 09:13 AM
Awesome. That's a good improvement on the last one, this one transforms :D

Lordy
14th September 2010, 10:51 AM
Looking good there. I do hope one day Takara brings out an official MP Galvatron

stencilator
14th September 2010, 11:11 AM
Awesome as always Kelvin! Comic style robot mode with great proportions and G1 style alt mode.... well worthy of MP status.

More pics please.

BTW where did you get the head from? You've had some awesome large scale heads that look like they've been nicely cast and I'm looking for one for a custom I've been thinking about for ages.

heroic_decepticon
14th September 2010, 11:16 AM
Love the head. Wonder where you got that. :D

5FDP
14th September 2010, 11:34 AM
Gotta say that I pretty disappointed with this effort Kelvin...

Just joking mate :D

Amazing work as always!

rampagesss
14th September 2010, 01:43 PM
:eek: WOW he looks amazing! awesome work as always :D

kup
14th September 2010, 01:52 PM
Nice, the head has a very cartoon look.

kelvinchang99
14th September 2010, 03:57 PM
Hi guys,

Thank you for the encouragement. I am still waiting for his knee cap to arrive then modify his legs. After that, I think he will be as good as done.

This figure had me go round and round and round. My first attempt now looking back needed alot of modifications.

I am pleased with this result. Some more pics hopefully tonight and uniting him with MP Rodimus (KC99 version).

I may not have posted that here, but if people are interested, happy to post my MP Rodimus Prime.

Okay, to answer some of the questions.

I see you are already preparing him for a beat down with the upcoming MP Rodimus :D Well done KC! I really like the head mold.

I will be posting some pics with my version of the MP Rodimus. This scale is too big for the one from Takara. He stands slightly taller than MP-01. Size comparison pic coming soon.

Awesome as always Kelvin! Comic style robot mode with great proportions and G1 style alt mode.... well worthy of MP status.

More pics please.

BTW where did you get the head from? You've had some awesome large scale heads that look like they've been nicely cast and I'm looking for one for a custom I've been thinking about for ages.

Thank you. More pics will come soon. Regarding the head, I had a guy in Singapore design it up, then prototype and then cast the head. This head fits the MP Prime scale so wont work well on a voyager class. I might have a few spare heads but they are not cheap. Let me know if you are interested.

The head is casted in resin.

Nice! Where/how did you get the headsculpt?

As above.

Love the head. Wonder where you got that. :D

As above.

SkyWarp91
14th September 2010, 04:06 PM
A W E S O M E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kelvinchang99
14th September 2010, 04:24 PM
Thank you. As FYI, these are the bots that went into making this if you are interested.

1 x MP Prime
1 x 12" Gundam
Parts of Armada Unicron
PVC stoppers
Star Wars walker kit
1 x G1 Galvatron
Casted Galvatron Head
Casted Cannon
Blocks joints XL to handle the weight distribution
Energon Megatron - (soon for the knee caps)
Styrene, Putty etc etc.

liegeprime
14th September 2010, 06:30 PM
Hi guys,

I will be posting some pics with my version of the MP Rodimus. This scale is too big for the one from Takara. He stands slightly taller than MP-01. Size comparison pic coming soon.

Then that would be true to G1 scale then, since G1 Galvatron is a giant next to G1 Prime and G1 Rodimus Prime :D

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/liegeprime/Miscellaneous/miscellanystuff.jpg
Always wondered how Rodimus was able to throw Galvatron all the way into a far away planet that the Decepticons couldn't find him til Galvy rose back by himself from the lava pits....but that's G1 continuity for yah.:p

5FDP
14th September 2010, 08:03 PM
Thank you. As FYI, these are the bots that went into making this if you are interested.

1 x MP Prime
1 x 12" Gundam
Parts of Armada Unicron
PVC stoppers
Star Wars walker kit
1 x G1 Galvatron
Casted Galvatron Head
Casted Cannon
Blocks joints XL to handle the weight distribution
Energon Megatron - (soon for the knee caps)
Styrene, Putty etc etc.

Wow... that's taking the literal meaning of 'till all are one' ;) :p

kelvinchang99
16th September 2010, 12:09 AM
Liege, there will be update pics coming this weekend. I just worked on fixing up some final touches on the rodimus too before taking pics. He is now solid as and more articulation in the bot.

He will stand shoulder to shoulder with this Galvy not the G1 scale which I hated. hehehe (compared to the toon).

5FDP, ermmm... yeah, actually, alot of the figures are not pulled apart. They were left overs from other customs I had. Including the prime body so made this one worthwhile.

The prime body was one I had with the $200 Target collapsable leg issue, so I did away with them and replaced them with Gundam legs. :)

thanks.

MV75
16th September 2010, 04:53 PM
Looking good. :thumbup:

As for the head, I thought you might have used a modded drift / blurr head. :)

kelvinchang99
16th September 2010, 11:58 PM
Updated pics.

bruticus
17th September 2010, 03:08 AM
nice work dude!!
cant believe he's made from so many different parts and figures!!

heroic_decepticon
17th September 2010, 03:34 AM
Updated pics.

that's damn sweet. Goes so well with Rodimus!

1AZRAEL1
17th September 2010, 09:14 AM
Wicked. So cool.