PDA

View Full Version : More Henkei coming

STL
8th April 2008, 11:05 AM
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=172379

D-04 will be Ramjet. C-05 will be Skyfire.

C-06 and C-07 have been listed but not named. Both carry deluxe prices.

I honestly can't wait for the Ramjetl. The colours on Hasbro's jet mode are very flat. I think the chrome will be awesome. Skyfire is another I am very anxious to see. As happy as I am w/ Hasbro's one, I want to see just what they can do to improve what in my mind is already the perfect representation of G1 Skyfire.

As for the two C-06 and C-07, my guess is 80% on Cliffjumper (w/ new head) and 50% on two-pack Prime. Both are due for September so that gives me slight hope these could be the new Classics 2.0 ones like Sunstreaker or Prowl. If they are, that'd be awesome b.c we'd get a choice as to whether we want it the Hasbro version or Takara rather than have to buy 'em later.

kup
8th April 2008, 11:10 AM
I don't think there will be much of an improvement on Jetfire. Hasbro's release was pretty much spot on.

Hasbro's Ramjet was also very well done and a good tribute to the original character so although Takara's paint application may be better, it will not be a great improvement like the first wave of Henkei.

Like you, I am interested to see what Takara does with Cliffjumper. I would have a heart attack (in a good way :) )if they release one with a remolded head.

Pulse
8th April 2008, 11:12 AM
Screw Cliffjumper & 2-pack Prime. I'm hoping against hope that they're deluxe versions of these:

http://tfkenkon.com/g/albums/Collection/act365/rm_skywarp_thundercracker01.JPG

Maybe one day... :rolleyes:

kup
8th April 2008, 11:14 AM
There will definitly be a Henkei Skywarp.

jaydisc
8th April 2008, 11:30 AM
Based on the C numbering, they look to be autobots. But yes, that would rock.

Paulbot
8th April 2008, 12:16 PM
I was a little disappointed, I thought this thread was going to confirm that Sunstreaker, Prowl, Powerglide, Octane and co were confirmed for the Henkei line. I forgot about the so far skipped Classics guys.

New head for Cliffjumper might be a hopeful guess. There's no remoulding on any of the classics Takara released so far is there?

autobreadticon
8th April 2008, 12:24 PM
Skyfire love it, if its anything like Jin's one, they need to redefine the lines. But i am hoping its more of a paint scheme and not so much chrome.

They should make the unknown deluxe ,Skywarp. So He can stand out like starscream

Gutsman Heavy
8th April 2008, 12:36 PM
Delux Prime as Magnus maybe? Hoping its a Universe Classic!

Robzy
8th April 2008, 01:01 PM
I'd love to see a Skywarp/Thundercracker 2-pack too!

griffin
8th April 2008, 01:46 PM
Why wouldn't Rodimus/Hotrod be one of the upcoming C toys? I doubt Takara would release the 2-pack prime because it is such a terribly engineered toy.
So far we have (Hasbro figures, with Takara release numbers) :
Optimus - C01
Bumblebee - C02
Grimlock - C03
Mirage - C04
Jetfire - (C05)
Rodimus - (remaining unique mould, so should be next)
Cliffjumper - recolour
Ultra Magnus - recolour
2-pack Optimus - cr*ppy mould... :p
-
Megatron - D01
Starscream - D02
Astrotrain - D03? (has that been confirmed anywhere?)
Ramjet - (D04)
Skywarp - recolour
2-pack Megatron - another cr*ppy mould... :p

Then there is Thundercracker, which Takara could easily do under the Henkei banner as a JP toy without conflicting with the BotCon release, which was a US toy (and Takara colours would be different anyway).
If Takara do Skywarp, then Thundercracker is bound to be done as well. Dirge and Thrust would be a surprising pair if done by Takara though, as they probably wouldn't go for a straight recolour of Ramjet, and would probably do some retooling for those two, which would also differenciate them from the BotCon pair.
If Takara did do Thundercracker, Dirge, Thrust, I can imagine there would be some fanboy whingers who spent heaps on their BotCon toys, but if they aren't exactly the same, there shouldn't be a problem. I certainly wouldn't be upset, and I'd be guessing that they would be some of Takara's biggest sellers, to all those Western collectors who would like to finally complete their 'Classics' seeker set at a reasonable price.

kup
8th April 2008, 01:58 PM
I would be one of those whingers :(

Even if the figure is different, it is still Thundercracker and the character is the reason why people wanted the Botcon figures so much. However although I would personally feel pissed of beyond believe, I would be happy to see other fans able to get their hands on them.

griffin
8th April 2008, 02:11 PM
I'm a bit different there. I see one set as Hasbro Seekers, the other set as Takara seekers, with different colours and details (based on the Henkei already released). Even if fans mix and match between Hasbro and Takara, as most do in any series, the Hasbro Seekers would still be distinguishable, and worth more than the Takara Seekers. One series shouldn't 'own' a character over another series, or distributor.

benben2142
8th April 2008, 02:37 PM
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=172379

D-04 will be Ramjet. C-05 will be Skyfire.

C-06 and C-07 have been listed but not named. Both carry deluxe prices.

I honestly can't wait for the Ramjetl. The colours on Hasbro's jet mode are very flat. I think the chrome will be awesome. Skyfire is another I am very anxious to see. As happy as I am w/ Hasbro's one, I want to see just what they can do to improve what in my mind is already the perfect representation of G1 Skyfire.

As for the two C-06 and C-07, my guess is 80% on Cliffjumper (w/ new head) and 50% on two-pack Prime. Both are due for September so that gives me slight hope these could be the new Classics 2.0 ones like Sunstreaker or Prowl. If they are, that'd be awesome b.c we'd get a choice as to whether we want it the Hasbro version or Takara rather than have to buy 'em later.
I hope they get the botcon molds and make dirge and thrust and thundercracker because that would be sweat and kick ass!

iceburn
8th April 2008, 02:49 PM
griffin

C-05 is Rodimus/HotShot (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK10803&mode=retail)
C-06 is Skyfire/Jetfire

jaydisc
8th April 2008, 02:56 PM
ooooooh... the plot thickens.

If their Deluxe prices are accurate, that would include Cliffjumper.... but it wouldn't include Magnus. Who could the mystery autobot be?!

I'm thinking they only know that two new deluxes are coming, but they don't know if they're Autobots or Decepticons. If that's the case, we'd be looking at Cliffjumper and Skywarp.

Zippo
8th April 2008, 05:13 PM
Rodimus is coming in June as C-04

autobreadticon
8th April 2008, 10:20 PM
ohhh could be soundwave ^_^

griffin
8th April 2008, 11:44 PM
griffin

C-05 is Rodimus/HotShot (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK10803&mode=retail)
C-06 is Skyfire/Jetfire

Okay, okay. I was just going by STL's numbers in the first posting.

To update my comparisson listing then:
So far we have (Hasbro figures, with Takara release numbers) :
Optimus - C01
Bumblebee - C02
Grimlock - C03
Mirage - C04
Rodimus - C05
Jetfire - C06
Cliffjumper - C07 or c08
??? - C07 or C08
Ultra Magnus - ultra recolour
2-pack Optimus - cr*ppy mould... :p
-
Megatron - D01
Starscream - D02
Astrotrain - D03
Ramjet - D04
Skywarp - recolour
2-pack Megatron - another cr*ppy mould... :p

So either they are giving up a new recolour not part of Hasbro's series, or they are indeed releasing that terrible 2-pack Optimus toy. Or BBTS made a mistake, and it is meant to be a Decepticon (Skywarp). Or, as some have hoped, series 2 figures are being released.
Exciting stuff... :)

iceburn
8th April 2008, 11:56 PM
*smiles + a grin*

Tetsuwan Convoy
9th April 2008, 12:08 AM
I was thinking that because of the delay between the classics and Henkei releases, Takara might carry on with the Universe molds as part of the Henkei line to fill in after the movie. The timing would be about right and since I am guessing that translating Animated and preparing it for Japanese buyers would take a bit of time, they might just run with a henkei-to-universe run(as one line) before getting the Animated line afterwards.

Would be nice. Then we could see if Takara have worked some wothwhile magic with the universe. (cough)Power(cough)glide.

Tober
9th April 2008, 08:01 AM
Link (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=172580)

C-07 is Sunstreaker
C-08 is Prowl

Which is cool for me - they are the only two I am really interested in (besides maybe Galvatron and Silverbolt).

iceburn
9th April 2008, 08:39 AM
wow..that's amazing news..
finally catching up with Hasbro

sifun
9th April 2008, 09:22 AM
more interested in octane, onslaught...
Will wait to get the henkei releases of sunstreaker and prowl.

Actually I need to fiddle with someone's classics sunstreaker when they get it. I dunno. Bit iffy about it still.

STL
9th April 2008, 09:27 AM
Looks like my hypothesis wasn't too far off after all! Woot!

Absolutely awesome news. I'm sure I'll still buy the Hasbro ones but it definitely means if I take a liking to one more than another, I won't be compelled to go running raround Melbourne looking for it I'm more interested in what they're going to do w/ guys like Onslaught, Galvatron and Powerglide who have somewhat mediocre paint jobs.

Gutsman Heavy
9th April 2008, 11:48 AM
Awesome, Silver Missles for Prowl!

Robzy
9th April 2008, 12:07 PM
That really is excellent news! :eek::D

But I wonder - will it be bad for the future of the line if everyone buys the Takara versions and not Hasbro's?

Would Hasbro pull the plug as a result of "bad sales", or do they still get money if no one buys their colours?

Paulbot
9th April 2008, 12:14 PM
Universe 2.0 will be on all the toy shelves and should sell to the market that want realistic vehicles (which is what it's aimed at). It will only be collectors that order imports from Takara. The average American and Australian Mums, Dads, and kids will still buy the Hasbro ones off the shelves. It shouldnt be a problem.

GoktimusPrime
9th April 2008, 12:29 PM
Exactly. And officially Hasbro and Takara aren't in direct competition with each other because they are both marketing their products at their respective markets.

Robzy
9th April 2008, 01:00 PM
That's cool! :) I only ask because Hasbro has indicated that the Classics line was supposed to be a once-off "bridge" line, but due to its overwhelming success we now have Classics 2.0!

I just thought if Hasbro's new line was not as successful with collectors as Takara's, they might think the ship has sailed. :( That would be catastrophic! (It's like someone wrote in the Encores thread... would you buy figures you already have, just to make sure the line doesn't stop?!)

And if this did happen (considering they're not in competition with each other, as you say) would Takara still continue the line if Hasbro didn't?

sifun
9th April 2008, 01:17 PM
when are we freaking getting classics cosmos? Remember they were like uhh if we continue classics we'll do it... Concept pics looked awesome!!

kup
9th April 2008, 01:37 PM
This development is freaking AWESOME news. Now I don't have to wait a full year to get quality Takara Universe Classics molds.

However because they are being simultaneously produced, does this mean that there will be no difference between the Hasbro and Takara Henkei releases?

when are we freaking getting classics cosmos? Remember they were like uhh if we continue classics we'll do it... Concept pics looked awesome!!

I think Cosmos has been canned because he is not Realistic.

Paulbot
9th April 2008, 02:08 PM
I don't think Takara would keep going with Henkei if Hasbro don't, there's been few recent Takara lines that are new toys and not made in conjunction with the Hasbro market. I do think though that Takara are likely to still do at least the chrome (and maybe different colours) on their versions of the Classics 2.0 toys.

From I gather the Movie line showed that there is a huge market for Transformers that transform into realistic vehicles -- which is what the lady from Hasbro said the Universe line will offer inbetween movie one and two. Once the Movie Two stuff comes out the Universe line will likely go on hiatus again though.

kup
9th April 2008, 02:13 PM
I don't really give a flying *something rude* about Universe now that Henkei are coming!

YAY!

autobreadticon
9th April 2008, 02:44 PM
I don't really give a flying *something rude* about Universe now that Henkei are coming!

YAY!

i second that, Transformers Henkei C-07 and C-08 are Sunstreaker and Prowl , released about 2 months later, i will proberly just get the universe to play with and henkei as displays

dirge
9th April 2008, 09:35 PM

As opposed to say... Nerfotron? :rolleyes:

Gutsman Heavy
9th April 2008, 09:40 PM
As opposed to say... Nerfotron? :rolleyes:

Keep in mind that Universe Classics are meant to fill the role of Realistic Vehicles as opposed to Classics where they were re-imagined G1 Characters. So Cosmos would need to be a shuttle or some crap to qualify :(

Heres hoping they release him anyway!

dirge
9th April 2008, 09:44 PM
Yeah, I know, GH. I just cannot respect the decision to make Megatron a _Nerf Gun_.

Gutsman Heavy
9th April 2008, 09:45 PM
Yeah, I know, GH. I just cannot respect the decision to make Megatron a _Nerf Gun_.

I feel your pain, but at least the Henkei one is easier to swallow

Tober
9th April 2008, 10:42 PM

Looks just like the flying saucers that flew over the Adelaide outback when I was a kid.

:cool: :rolleyes: :cool:

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj230/AUST_Tober/DSC01760.jpg

kup
9th April 2008, 10:46 PM
Actually the design of that Cosmos is more in line with Titanium (the originally intended line) than Classics/Henkei. Its possible that it may not pass Takara standards or that it would be cost prohibitive to produce it as the mold was intended for Die-Cast not plastic.

autobreadticon
10th April 2008, 12:07 PM
it need better character reference to other cosmos toys , this is hard cause i dunt know if i have seen other cosmos characters other than G1, overall good toy mold.

kup
10th April 2008, 12:26 PM
As far as I am aware there is only one Cosmos and that's G1. The G1 toy is also the only toy representing the character.

Looks like flying saucers are not very popular at Hastak.

kup
10th April 2008, 02:30 PM
HOLY HIPPO CRAP!!!

From the BBTS News Letter:

JAPANESE TF CLASSICS: Jetfire / Skyfire and Dirge have just been added to
the Henkei Classics menu. Each will presumably receive some sort of
chrome paint job upgrade, and be packaged in the cool Japanese boxes.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=943&category=4165

Boys & Girl we are getting Botcon characters as Henkei!

jaydisc
10th April 2008, 02:37 PM
HOLY HIPPO CRAP!!!

From the BBTS News Letter:

Boys & Girl we are getting Botcon characters as Henkei!

Holy Hippo Crap Indeed!!!

Oh, the irony. I just made a Best Offer on Games of Deception. :D

EDIT: Although I don't see Dirge. Maybe it got pulled? Maybe it was just a typo! MAYBE IT WAS JUST A TEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robzy
10th April 2008, 02:39 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :eek:

Great news!!! :D

Please... PLEASE... let there be Thundercracker!

jaydisc
10th April 2008, 02:46 PM
Hey Kup, what was the source?

kup
10th April 2008, 02:48 PM
Holy Hippo Crap Indeed!!!

Oh, the irony. I just made a Best Offer on Games of Deception. :D

EDIT: Although I don't see Dirge. Maybe it got pulled? Maybe it was just a typo! MAYBE IT WAS JUST A TEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine the people who payed US$1000.00+ for them!

Individually they sold for like US$300ea!

I payed AU$600 for the set and its sure making me feel a bit cheated but I am happy for everyone else who couldn't get them.

kup
Hey Kup, what was the source?

BBTS News letter emailed to me.

iceburn
jaydisc..its from BBTS newsletter sent via email to all subscribers.

Personally, I think its a TYPO ERROR. It's meant to say D-04 Ramjet, not Dirge :P

kup
10th April 2008, 02:50 PM
jaydisc..its from BBTS newsletter sent via email to all subscribers.

Personally, I think its a TYPO ERROR. It's meant to say D-04 Ramjet, not Dirge :P

That is a distinct possibility, we shall see.

STL
10th April 2008, 02:51 PM
It came from the BBTS news later. I got one as well and just verified. They indeed did do a typo. They got Ramjet and Dirge mixed up. They're really talking about D04 Ramjet.

iceburn
10th April 2008, 02:52 PM
i've emailed Joel from BBTS for confirmation..we shall see :P

jaydisc
10th April 2008, 02:53 PM
I'll bet it's an intentional guerilla-marketing-style typo! :mad:

EDIT: I still want GoD as you can be sure Dreadwing and BugBite won't be Henkei-ified and I absolutely LOVE the box art.

Paulbot
10th April 2008, 05:07 PM
It's a typo. I saw that in the newsletter too and it raised my eyebrows but the website lists it correclty as Ramjet.

roller
10th April 2008, 05:11 PM
lets hunt down that person who made the typo, how dare he mock us!!!

iceburn
12th April 2008, 02:28 PM
kk...received an email from Joel BBTS yesterday

sorry about that - my mind must have been wandering, Ramjet is the
correct figure, sorry about that!

Thanks!
Joel Boblit
President
www.BigBadToyStore.com (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/)

kup
12th April 2008, 03:41 PM
kk...received an email from Joel BBTS yesterday

You have a name now Roller, GET HIM!

iceburn
12th April 2008, 05:39 PM
hahahahaa...expensive air ticket, might as well head down to Botcon 2008 too :P

roller
12th April 2008, 06:15 PM
this joel must pay for his crimes

Pulse
12th April 2008, 09:09 PM
Yes Master, he must let us loose in his TF vaults so that we can take all that we wish.

& if he doesn't, Unicron will come for him... ;)

iceburn
14th April 2008, 06:28 PM
this is what i saw at TFSource today, the future list of Takara Classics

Based on the popularity of the current Classics, we've now put up several preorders for upcoming Classics figures! These each feature exclusive packaging and chromed parts only available in the Japanese market - preorders yours today!
Henkei Classics - C-05 Hot Rodimus - $24.95 (http://www.tfsource.com/Reissues/C-05%20Classics%20Hot%20Rodimus/Classics-Hot%20Rodimus.html)
Henkei Classics - C-06 Skyfire - $39.95 (http://www.tfsource.com/Reissues/C-06%20Classics%20Skyfire/Classics-Skyfire.html)
Henkei Classics - C-07 Sunstreaker - $24.95 (http://www.tfsource.com/Reissues/C-07%20Classics%20Sunstreaker/Classics-sunstreaker.html)
Henkei Classics - C-08 Prowl - $24.95 (http://www.tfsource.com/Reissues/C-08%20Classics%20Prowl/Classics-prowl.html)
Henkei Classics - D-03 Astrotrain - $24.95 (http://www.tfsource.com/Reissues/D-03%20Classics%20Astrotrain/Classics-astrotrain.html)
Henkei Classics - D-04 Ramjet - $24.95 (http://www.tfsource.com/Reissues/D-04%20Classics%20Ramjet/Classics-ramjet.html)