PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars 2010 Vintage Collection

Robzy
21st September 2010, 10:14 PM
I don't really collect SW figures... I do have a small collection with my BMF and will be getting the AT-AT when it's on sale next, but I gotta say I love the new Vintage Collection of figures.

Empire Strikes Back is my favourite line/film, and I love the use of the old cards with new super-improved figures.

I bought Darth Vader, Luke (in Bespin fatigues), a Sandtrooper and Snowspeeder Luke (From the Saga Legends)... and they are BRILLIANT!!! :eek::eek: Seriously, I've collected the VOTC figs and a few other randoms over the past few years, but some of these are way better!! I think they've finally nailed the perfect Vader helmet sculpt, and also got a very VERY good likeness to Mark Hamill (Closest so far).

I'm loving the line, and there's ROTJ stuff to come. Anyone else collect these?

VERT
21st September 2010, 10:24 PM
Yeah im loving them too. I also found ROTS ones at Target. New figures on RETRO 80's cards but from Ep 3. Little odd but I did need a MOSC Anakin for my Son who has the same name :D

Robzy
21st September 2010, 10:28 PM
Yes, I meant to add that too... I found ROTS figs today too. But I agree, they don't have quite the same feel as the "real" vintage cardbacks. :D

Your son is named Anakin? Kewl!! :cool::D

Eruntalon
21st September 2010, 11:09 PM
I have a few VOTC figures including some of the newer ones.

In the last month I bought about 10 Snowtroopers, some AT-AT drivers and some AT-AT Commanders for my new AT-AT, Dack Ralter and Luke in Hoth fatigues for my new Snowspeeder. I really hate the face of the AT-AT Commander, and so I made my own custom head out of a Chancellor Vallorum head and some paint to make it look like General Veers.

I'll be posting up some mock up shots which are meant to resemble the AT-AT battle scenes on Hoth in the next few days.

Robzy
22nd September 2010, 02:51 PM
Does anyone know if there are 2 versions of the 2010 Saga Legends Darth Vader?

It's supposed to be this one (http://www.toyark.com/news/attach/1/9/9/9/SW-Darth-Vader-Galactic-Battle-Packaging_1273806822.jpg), but today at Target I found a different version of the figure in the new packaging... I'm pretty sure it's this one (http://www.rebelscum.com/TLCSL13vader.asp) (based on the 2008 and earlier Vader figure). NOTE: This is the only link I can find with this figure, the packaging is not the same as seen in the link.

The one I found was completely different to the one that's supposed to be part of the 2010 line (ie, removable Helmet as seen above in the first link). It also had the cut arms (like the 08 version) instead of the ball joints, different paint apps and a different cape. It's definitely not the same figure, but it was in the exact same packaging (2010 style). Also, both ID's are "SL06".

Does anyone know why?

Robzy
28th September 2010, 10:48 PM
Just picked up Leia (in Hoth outfit)... I'm continually amazed at the high quality of these figures. They are quite extraordinary!

VERT
29th September 2010, 06:44 AM
Yes, I meant to add that too... I found ROTS figs today too. But I agree, they don't have quite the same feel as the "real" vintage cardbacks. :D

Your son is named Anakin? Kewl!! :cool::D

Yeah he is and for true SW geeks my Daughter is Mara-Jade :D

Found Vintage Boxed Snowspeeder and Tie-Fighter yesterday WOW I love the old boxes :D

Robzy
29th September 2010, 10:15 AM
Found Vintage Boxed Snowspeeder and Tie-Fighter yesterday WOW I love the old boxes :DOooo... where were they?? Do you know how much... I've been waiting for these.

The vintage boxes look awesome - I really want the AT-AT one too.

SkyWarp91
7th October 2010, 07:37 PM
Just picked up the vintage Darth Vader toy from K-Mart. From what I know Big W sells them the cheapest but they have the least variety compared to other stores. I don't collect much SW figures either, I only have 5 second-hand SW TFs but as a kid I used to have more SW figs - like X-Wing Pilot Luke Skywalker, Qui-Gon, Battle Droid, Darth Maul.

I've always wanted a Darth Vader but could never afford/find one. Now that I have one I feel a step closer to owning all the toys I wanted as a child (now where's that original Dinozord lol)

SkyWarp91
7th October 2010, 08:27 PM
I started to play with DV and at first his helmet kept falling off which started bugging me, but after putting on some blu-tack it stays on a lot more! Wow this figure is spiffy, might even make him ride on one of the ROTF sisters!

VERT
7th October 2010, 10:32 PM
Oooo... where were they?? Do you know how much... I've been waiting for these.

The vintage boxes look awesome - I really want the AT-AT one too.

They are at Target Tuggerah and are about $60 I think. Dont quite remember. I just love seeing Boxes and cards like the ones I grew up with again :D

Robzy
8th October 2010, 06:47 AM
Cheers :) I actually managed to find them (by accident) last night while shopping at Target. They had Snowspeeders and TIE Fighters and I grabbed one of the latter. The packaging is brilliant! :D It was $69 - a little rich, but worth it I think (just). Could probably wait for a sale, but I was too impatient last night! :o

Now, I can't wait til the new AT-AT in vintage packaging starts showing up!

SkyWarp91
13th October 2010, 10:09 AM
Have you guys noticed that there are two varients of the Boba Fett figure out in this series? There's a newer mold which has plenty of articuation up to today's standards of figures and his antenna is seperate from his helmet AND then there's an older mold which has very limited articulation and the antenna is molded into his helmet? Are there any other figures that have been released in this line that get the same treatment?

rampagesss
13th October 2010, 06:46 PM
Have you guys noticed that there are two varients of the Boba Fett figure out in this series? There's a newer mold which has plenty of articuation up to today's standards of figures and his antenna is seperate from his helmet AND then there's an older mold which has very limited articulation and the antenna is molded into his helmet? Are there any other figures that have been released in this line that get the same treatment?

Ah crap, just bought the old style today after work, and looked it up on ebay and there are 2 versions so now i have to go back and find the new version

Robzy
13th October 2010, 09:42 PM
Yes, this is a special "exclusive" Hasbro are doing... it's just like a promo that Kenner did in the early 80s... It was a mail-away promo for a Boba Fett figure (originally) and Hasbro (to honour the anniversary of ESB) has done the same thing with a brand new "old style" Boba Fett figure. Although you can also get them in-store now.

So, yes, there are 2 entirely different versions... one has 2010 articulation and the other has 1980s articulation (and it looks to be an all new mould, which is quite amazing) but it's designed to look like the 80's vintage figure.

No other figures have retro counterparts.

Robzy
14th October 2010, 07:54 PM
Saw those new Battle Packs... 'Attack On Hoth' and 'Defense of Hoth' today. They look pretty good actually. The AOH one is the better of the two though imo.

Dkaris
15th October 2010, 04:23 PM
I unpacked a few of those vintage snow speeders at work the otherday, they look kinda nifty. On an unrelated note, did anyone else read about carrie fisher admitting to snorting cocaine while filming empire strikes back?

Sky Shadow
16th October 2010, 01:44 PM
I unpacked a few of those vintage snow speeders at work the otherday, they look kinda nifty. On an unrelated note, did anyone else read about carrie fisher admitting to snorting cocaine while filming empire strikes back?

She was a 'Snowspeeder'. ;)

loophole
16th October 2010, 07:43 PM
Saw those new Battle Packs... 'Attack On Hoth' and 'Defense of Hoth' today. They look pretty good actually. The AOH one is the better of the two though imo.

i saw them today gotta get the AOH one always wanted an AT-ST do you know if they will be coming in the vintage packaging too?

VERT
17th October 2010, 07:29 AM

Yeah thats 20+ year news. LSD was another of her things. She realised she had a problem when working on the Blues Brothers.

Robzy
21st November 2010, 02:19 PM
i saw them today gotta get the AOH one always wanted an AT-ST do you know if they will be coming in the vintage packaging too?
Not sure, but they're on sale at Target at the moment...

loophole
21st November 2010, 03:27 PM
i ended getting the vintage tie fighter on sale for $40 im glad i didnt pay full retail really not worth it IMHO

twincobra
21st November 2010, 07:23 PM
Is there a decent place to buy these online ?

VERT
21st November 2010, 08:24 PM
i ended getting the vintage tie fighter on sale for $40 im glad i didnt pay full retail really not worth it IMHO

Thats cause that Tie Fighter is the old 1978 mould of the toy. Good if you want a new original :D But you can also get a new version with HUGE new wings. Its expensive but cool

SkyWarp91
21st November 2010, 09:54 PM
Is Bespin Luke the only vintage Luke figure you can get from this entire line?

snazzbot 101
22nd November 2010, 03:20 PM
Thats cause that Tie Fighter is the old 1978 mould of the toy. Good if you want a new original :D But you can also get a new version with HUGE new wings. Its expensive but cool

Not really. The wings were retooled back in the 90's - for the POTF2 TIE - so the solar panels are properly detailed, not just stickers. Also the cockpit is the newer version, with extending cannons and the removable ejector seat. The same version was used on the last Big-Wing TIE.

Is Bespin Luke the only vintage Luke figure you can get from this entire line?

At the moment. But a Jedi Luke is coming in the next wave, and a New Hope version sometime after that.

Personally I want a new Hoth Luke.
(no not the one in a nappy)

SkyWarp91
22nd November 2010, 05:17 PM
At the moment. But a Jedi Luke is coming in the next wave, and a New Hope version sometime after that.

Personally I want a new Hoth Luke.
(no not the one in a nappy)

Sweet, I can finally reinact that scene when Darth Vader is defeated by Luke in ROTJ - can't wait!!

Robzy
22nd November 2010, 06:12 PM
But a Jedi Luke is coming in the next wave
Sweet, I can finally reinact that scene when Darth Vader is defeated by Luke in ROTJ - can't wait!!

Pics of Jedi Luke (http://www.jedi-business.com/figureDetails.aspx?Figure-Name=Luke%20Skywalker&id=562)

loophole
22nd November 2010, 06:18 PM
Pics of Jedi Luke (http://www.jedi-business.com/figureDetails.aspx?Figure-Name=Luke%20Skywalker&id=562)

WOW!! gotta get that one

kaiden
23rd November 2010, 01:00 PM
his face and hand look like they're going to melt off soon...

loophole
20th December 2010, 04:39 PM
Saw the vintage AT-AT at toys 'r' us rundle mall for $250

Robzy
20th December 2010, 09:38 PM
Saw the vintage AT-AT at toys 'r' us rundle mall for $250
I think they're $170 at the other TRU.

Ryathalas
22nd December 2010, 11:44 AM
I'm pretty sure I have seen 2 at TRU,One in the Vintage packaging and one in the bluish new packaging that comes with a few figures,One was abit cheaper then the other and then one was on sale for $170 not sure which one.

SkyWarp91
25th January 2011, 08:53 PM
I spotted Attack Of The Clones vintage packaging at Target TTP the other day - had figures like Super Battle Droid. Also $30 Clone Wars Double Figure packs - one of them had a Jedi Greedo!!!

SkyWarp91
11th February 2011, 08:46 PM
Well this isn't really Vintage SW collection relevant, but today I received two old SW figures from the post - SW EP 2 Arena Battle Plo Koon and SW Trilogy Collection Chewbacca. And damn, the articulation on these older figures SUCKED so badly, I'm so glad they released this new Vintage line where the figures have much much better articulation.