PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of Skullgrin, Thunderwing, Wincharger, PCC Dinobots and more

1AZRAEL1
23rd September 2010, 10:36 AM
Generations Cliffjumper, Skullgrin and Thunderwing (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/official-images-of-generations-cliffjumper-skullgrin-and-thunderwing/19841/)

Power Core Combiners Grimstone with Dinobots and Steamhammer with Constructicons (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/official-images-of-power-core-combiners-grimstone-with-dinobots-and-steamhammer-with-constructicons/19840/)

Scout Windcharger and Brimstone Repaint (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/official-images-of-scout-windcharger-and-brimstone-repaint/19839/)

They all look pretty cool, liking Skullgrin and Thunderwing looks not abd as well.

Suprise is the Dinobots, they actually look decent to me.

Paulbot
23rd September 2010, 10:46 AM
Cool.

My thoughts:

Thunderwing is a "keep it in robot mode" toy really.

Skullgrin's head looks better than the instruction art suggested, but I think I'm going to go with the Straxus version.

Windcharger also looks better now we can see the head clearly. Not sold on the (Sideways?) repaint of Brimstone and wish it had a got a new head.

The Dinobots don't look too bad, since even without robot modes the animals modes look more playable than the vehicle modes of other drones.

Plus Mindset and Fallback (http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=19842)

Mindset looks better than Hailstorm IMO. Not convinced to buy Fallback though.

gekisou
23rd September 2010, 10:51 AM
I really want Thunderwing and Windcharger but does Windcharger looks like he has Megatron's head to anyone else?

1AZRAEL1
23rd September 2010, 10:56 AM
And now Jazz and Tracks as well (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/official-images-of-generations-special-ops-jazz-and-turbo-tracks/19843/)

Both of which for me are an instant buy, they look great. Tracks looks more transformed in this one.

kup
23rd September 2010, 11:06 AM
They are looking pretty cool although they are obviously heavily photoshopped, specially Thunderwing.

I will wait to see what their paint finishes are and if not good enough, I will wait for the eventual Japanese release.

Another shocking thing (in a good way :p ) is that the figures don't seem grossly mistransformed like the typical Hasbro promos! Hurrah! Someone at Hasbro is giving a damn!

Hursticon
23rd September 2010, 11:08 AM
I really want Thunderwing and Windcharger but does Windcharger looks like he has Megatron's head to anyone else?

I do sorta see what you mean there Gekisou, it does sort of look Megatron-ish.

My thoughts:

Cliff Jumper: Cool, odd choice with the yellow pin striping though. :confused:
Skullgrin: Awesome, dig the head but would've liked something a little more Skullgrin-y. ;)
Thunderwing: I Must Own This!, I was going to get him anyway but these pics have sealed the deal - Hella Awesome! :D
PCC Grimstone + Dinobots: If I see them? I'll probably get them, they'll be better than Bombshock & Co. any day. :p
Windcharger: Looks pretty damn Cool IMO, at least it pays a proper homage to the character's original design. :)
Fallback: Disappointed, what's the go with the red chest? :(
(Here's hoping for a Generations version of Fallback)

*edit*

Jazz: OMFG! :eek: As with Azrael - Instant Buy! :D:eek:
Tracks: OMFG! :eek: Again, As with Azrael - Instant Buy! :D:eek:

It's like the Classics Line all over again, I'm so excited :p:D

Lordy
23rd September 2010, 11:22 AM
Thunderwing looks alright, but all that back kibble :eek:

Bartrim
23rd September 2010, 11:28 AM
Wow. Well done Hasbro... for a change I will be buying most of these.

kup
23rd September 2010, 11:33 AM
I do sorta see what you mean there Gekisou, it does sort of look Megatron-ish.

When I first saw it, I thought that it was a Scout version of Alternity Megatron. However it could just be the lighting and brush job making it look that way.

GoktimusPrime
23rd September 2010, 11:49 AM
my thoughts:

Cliffjumper: So glad he's got a different head and isn't a straight repaint of Bumblebee.
Skullgrin: Obviously a repainted Darkmount with a different head. I might get if I see him in local shops but don't think I'd go out of my way to find one.
Thunderwing: Looks better than I'd initially thought - but of course, these are doctored photos. Legs look pretty skinny. Yeah, I'll get this toy -- and see if I can put the tainted Creation Matrix around his neck like I do with G1 Thunderwing. ;)
Windcharger: looks awesome.
PCC: look neat, but will need to see undoctored pics before making a further decision considering how freakin' overpriced the PCC 5-packers are. :(
Mindset: Looks neat
Fallback: nuhh... just a repaint. Not even a retooled head. Unconvinced.
Jazz: Looks great, can't wait to get this toy
Tracks: also looks good. The chopper flames is an interesting take on the old G1 flames. ;)

griffin
23rd September 2010, 11:49 AM
At least official Hasbro pics are likely to be properly transformed this time (unlike the Chinese presentation).

Skullgrin is a disappointment - the concept artwork Hasbro showed us at BotCon had a very pretender-looking robot head, which made it obvious who it was. Now it could be anyone.

Cliffjumper isn't exciting me much either, as it isn't even a character in the game. The mould isn't much fun either, and the robot mod pic shows how deformed it looks with that backpack.

I love the look of Thunderwing though, despite the shiny prototype colouring. The robot mode has a lot of kibble though, but the jet mode looks nice.

Windcharger and Jazz looks nice too.

Tracks should have the proper hood flames, not a reworking of the yellow/red flame deco. Pity about the robot chest being so big an square (probably couldn't be avoided) - the original was so sleek.

Mindset and Fallback are interesting redecos, but the colours are off from the homages they are meant to be.

The Dinobot combiner is hideous.... Construticons are almost as ugly, but vehicles look nice.

Brimstone redeco - meh...

Looks like an expensive few months for me around the beginning of the year.

1AZRAEL1
23rd September 2010, 11:52 AM
Cliffjumper isn't exciting me much either, as it isn't even a character in the game. The mould isn't much fun either, and the robot mod pic shows how deformed it looks with that backpack.

Cliffjumper is in the game, just the DS versions :p

Looks like an expensive few months for me around the beginning of the year.

Yep, I can agree there.

5FDP
23rd September 2010, 12:26 PM
Windcharger, Jazz, and Tracks (my fav) are all must-buys.

gdmetro
23rd September 2010, 12:47 PM
Windcharger, Jazz, and Tracks (my fav) are all must-buys.

Same here.

I'm so happy these pics confirm the final figs looks so much better than those earlier pics we had, where I lost a lot of hope from the Jazz figure, but in better res and close up looks pretty good.

Tracks (Properly transformed) and Windcharger are so awesome I can't even put it in words... I don't even know if I can wait for the Takara versions.

While I love that jazz, the robot mode is brilliant, the alt mode - from that angled pic looks like a squished bumblebee design- But I think its just the angle of the shot.

kaiden
23rd September 2010, 01:13 PM
im surprised no one has said anything about Tracks' tiny little wings...

Hursticon
23rd September 2010, 01:38 PM
I think Track's flames are a play on the fact that he has a 'Turbo' - Japanese Nissian Silvia? alt mode now (like Drift's alt mode, a Japanese drift-car, being a play on his name), as opposed to the Ford Stingray he once was.

I don't mind the flames actually, I reckon they look pretty cool, a modern take that doesn't detract as much as say... changing the flames to lightning?.

As for the little wings?, meh, they had to be there but the size doesn't bother me though.

i_amtrunks
23rd September 2010, 01:43 PM
Loving the fugliness of the Dino combiner, will likely be my only 5 pack purchase.

Theres a good mix of products coming in a few months time, no need to guess what figures will fly off the shelves, and which ones will warm them...:rolleyes:

Golden Phoenix
23rd September 2010, 02:26 PM
- Clifjumper looks nice. Good head sculpt. Hope the red comes out a bit darker though.

- Skullgrin Looks like they have sucked the colour out of Darkmount, cept the red, like a bad photoshop job. Head is interesting though. I don't know if I like it.

- Thunderwing looks alright. Bit of a backpack on him. Almost looks like he will have Silverbolt Syndrome where his robot mode will be folded up underneath the jet. But the jet looks like it will break up into more pieces than Silverbolts

- I think both Steamhammer and Grimstone both look nice on their own. The drones look meh. I would get them if they were sold in 2 packs, but they would have to be on serious discount for me to get the 5 pack. (anyone who just wants the drones msg me!)

- Windcharger looks great. Hope the colours come out good or similar to the photos....they wont though....sigh....hears to hoping for at least Classics Cliffjumper red.

- Brimstone repaint looks alright. Interesting. Tempting too even though I have the blue one. Wonder what his name is though

- Fallback looks good. I missed the mould the first time round. I think I might grab this one instead. It looks a lot nicer than the first.

- Mindset too. I know the mould has its faults but I love the look of it. The big hulking menace with missile shoulders....awesome.
And is it just me or does Mindset look like a Soviet Union version of the Hailstorm?

Gutsman Heavy
23rd September 2010, 02:31 PM
damn I was really hoping for a manterror redeco of the Brimstone fig :(

Tallestblue
23rd September 2010, 04:03 PM
im surprised no one has said anything about Tracks' tiny little wings...

I noticed Tracks' nubby little wings. I'ma still buy him anyway. and All the others. Especially Jazz. Yay Jazz!!

Zippo
23rd September 2010, 04:23 PM
Ok Hasbro you need to stop with the toys. I like the majority of these including the repaints. My wallet is going to hurt really bad. Shall have to wait for sales me thinks

jaydisc
23rd September 2010, 04:26 PM
So....
Much...
Pink!

MV75
23rd September 2010, 04:41 PM
Windcharger, jazz and tracks all great. The rest can go DIAF.

fatbot
23rd September 2010, 04:50 PM
I think Track's flames are a play on the fact that he has a 'Turbo' - Japanese Nissian Silvia? alt mode now (like Drift's alt mode, a Japanese drift-car, being a play on his name), as opposed to the Ford CORVETTE Stingray he once was.

I don't mind the flames actually, I reckon they look pretty cool, a modern take that doesn't detract as much as say... changing the flames to lightning?.

As for the little wings?, meh, they had to be there but the size doesn't bother me though.

Mate. It's a CORVETTE, not a Ford.

Since I can't find a link here, http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/official-images-of-power-core-combiners-heavytread-with-groundspike-and-skyhammer-with-airlift/19846/?utm_term=Transformers&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

PCC Heavytread
PCC Skyhammer

MV75
23rd September 2010, 04:54 PM
Whoa! A pcc that I might buy. That tank looks beautiful. (minus the silly looking claw thing that is).

It's all in the turret that does it for me with that one.

FFN
23rd September 2010, 05:04 PM
The claw thing (minus the claws) is a mine plow, which real tanks use. Movie Brawl and Cybertron Scattorshot (and his redecos) also have them.

Tank guy turns into an Isreali Merkava tank, last seem attempted (and failed) on Universe Galvatron.

Hursticon
23rd September 2010, 05:11 PM
Mate. It's a CORVETTE, not a Ford.

Since I can't find a link here, http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/official-images-of-power-core-combiners-heavytread-with-groundspike-and-skyhammer-with-airlift/19846/?utm_term=Transformers&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

*Face Palms*

I am so sorry Fatbot and all other Automotive fans, a slip of the tongue honest! :o, I can't believe what I just did, it really is a cardinal sin like saying "A Holden Cortina" or "A Ford Premiere".

Would you believe I almost called it a TransAM? :p

Well... I'm off to take a long shameful walk of a peer.
(I really can't believe I made that mistake)

MV75
23rd September 2010, 05:19 PM
The claw thing (minus the claws) is a mine plow, which real tanks use. Movie Brawl and Cybertron Scattorshot (and his redecos) also have them.

Tank guy turns into an Isreali Merkava tank, last seem attempted (and failed) on Universe Galvatron.

Yep, but real ones don't look like they're made from glass. ;)

And this ones transformation looks better than galvatrons; simpler. :)

Ode to a Grasshopper
23rd September 2010, 05:59 PM
Like Cliffy, Windcharger, Tracks and Skullgrin though they're not major wants, Jazz is good but Animated Jazz is good enough for the Odieverse, will wait on Thuderwing to see how the size issue pans out, pass on the repaints (RotF Brawn will do as Odieverse Outback, the green and gold works fine for an Oz-centric TF IMO).
Surprisingly the new PCCs look pretty nice, the tank guy looks sweet and the plane isn't too bad-looking either.
Bummed that Trailbreaker is just a Legends, and would like to see pics of Laser Rod Optimus to see what a redone RiD Scourge might look like.

dirge
23rd September 2010, 10:06 PM
Windcharger is a must-have for me. The rest are maybes.

SharkyMcShark
23rd September 2010, 10:20 PM
I'm definitely in for Windcharger and CLiffjumper, and probably also the Dinobots.

Thunderwing looks very poor so far, and I'm yet to open my Darkmount (it's sitting in my TF room waiting for me to finish uni stuff) so I'll figure it out based on that.

Eazy D
23rd September 2010, 11:51 PM
Loving Jazz. Robot mode is great but I agree with whoever mentioned it earleir that the car mode looks a bit squashed on the boot-end.

I'm not so fond of Tracks. he was my favourite G1 autobot character and I loved the G1 toy. It wasn't well articulated but it was an awesome corvette representation and the robot mode was well proportioned. This generations tracks has some sort of odd hot-rod type car mode and the robot has nubby wings and an oversized chest. I'm sure he's well articulated and the shoulder launchers are a nice touch but the proportions don't look right to me on either of his modes.

I'm happy with the G1 love that's been shown on the generations line but to be honest my only complaint with the line is that the car modes don't seem to be based on any real-world designs. I think universe 2.0 did a better job since prowl was blatantly a nissan 350Z and Sideswipe/sunstreaker was obviously a lamborghini gallardo [both of which were appropriate upgrades of their original G1 car modes].

I'm probably looking forward to wreckgar most of all and I'd love to see a pic of Scourge's robot mode to see if its any good when properly transformed.

Gutsman Heavy
23rd September 2010, 11:58 PM
Scourge does look better in the new pics imo.

liegeprime
24th September 2010, 12:57 AM
Shame Thunderwing's Deluxe sized only. Wouldve preferred Ultra like Bludgeon. Still getting it though along with Tracks and Windcharger too. Man those pics ares soooo photoshopped I just dont expect anything good int he toys these days anymore... just so I dont end up really dissapointed.:p:rolleyes:

Doubledealer
24th September 2010, 01:43 AM
Maybe it's just me but I LOVE the look of Thunderwing. As a huge fan of shoot 'em ups, I'm loving the Vic Viper vibe (try saying that 10 times really quickly :p) his alt mode exudes. Can't wait for this one!

Sleeve
24th September 2010, 09:32 AM
LOVE all the new Generations figures.

Now PCC has never appealed to me, especially because of those hideous blue connectors, but I started considering buying a set once I saw Grimstone. Hell, his face looks like Sludge, so he's the closest I'm going to get to a new Sludge figure. And then I saw Heavytread......helloooooo CHUG Brawl. :D

blackoptimus
24th September 2010, 01:10 PM
Apparently they are coming out with a tracks figure for the generations line. http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/new-images-of-generations-turbo-tracks-170607/

Please correct me if this has been posted somewhere else. Other wise enjoy.

Lord_Zed
24th September 2010, 01:17 PM
They all look fairly decent, not necesarily must buys but decent.

Most looking forward to Jazz and Thunderwing, and I for one am definately glad that Thunderwing is not an overpriced crappy voayger, deluxe is where the designers excell as far as I'm concernced.

Also loking forward to Wind Charger.

Tracks is a bit fat looking, but not bad, Skullgrin seems ok, but I don't have Straxus so I dunno if I like the mold.

Cliffjumper seems to ok but I'm not a huge fan of the mold.

Hailstorm repaint means I'm not buying Hailstorm.

As for the PCC's they have failed to impress me.

Shame Thunderwing's Deluxe sized only. Wouldve preferred Ultra like Bludgeon. Still getting it though along with Tracks and Windcharger too. Man those pics ares soooo photoshopped I just dont expect anything good int he toys these days anymore... just so I dont end up really dissapointed.:p:rolleyes:

Don't you mean Voyager size like Bludgeon, sure he costs as much as an ultra... :p

SkyWarp91
24th September 2010, 03:20 PM
My TF addiction says get all of them. Sorry wallet, looks like you'll still be taking bashings through 2011.

Grievous
24th September 2010, 10:13 PM
Skullgrin is an epic win...Thunderwing looks kinda back heavy but
I still can't wait too own him...Windcharger looks great...Jazz and
Tracks will look awesome on my Classics/Universe Autobot shelf...
and the rest...I'll pass on...
:cool:

SharkyMcShark
24th September 2010, 11:49 PM
He was announced a few months ago

GoktimusPrime
26th September 2010, 08:19 AM
Thunderwing looks kinda back heavy but
That makes him G1 accurate. :p

griffin
26th September 2010, 12:50 PM
Apparently they are coming out with a tracks figure for the generations line. http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/new-images-of-generations-turbo-tracks-170607/

Please correct me if this has been posted somewhere else. Other wise enjoy.

Looks like Tracks might be coming out sooner than expected, as a figure has already surfaced on ebay (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/generations-tracks-auction-170633/)...

1AZRAEL1
26th September 2010, 12:51 PM
Looks like Tracks might be coming out sooner than expected, as a figure has already surfaced on ebay (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/generations-tracks-auction-170633/)...

And sold for a stupidely insane price.

Hopefully we will see him soon, I can't wait for him.

kup
26th September 2010, 09:57 PM
Maybe these toys have already been mass produced and are just awaiting Hasbro's release date for distribution from the factories.

spooniebeard
4th October 2010, 07:11 PM
Skullgrin, Thunderwing. Who's next, Vroom? (yes, pleeeeaaase)

Seriously though, they're all instant buys. I'm even excited for those PCC sets! This is what they should have been like all along. Though they have cut the trend of 2 5-packs and 3 2-packs this wave, unless they're holding a 2 pack commander secret.

GoktimusPrime
5th October 2010, 02:05 PM
I'd rather see Crossblades before Vroom considering that Crossblades played a relatively greater part in original G1 canon than Vroom (although Vroom does appear in Neo-G1 continuity - and both of their appearances were about as (in)significant as the other).

kaiden
10th October 2010, 12:30 PM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=436095671710&set=a.436095631710.236205.100983336710

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=436095656710&set=a.436095631710.236205.100983336710&ref=nf

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=436095636710&set=a.436095631710.236205.100983336710&ref=nf

kup
10th October 2010, 12:31 PM
I think that it may be worth waiting for a Japanese release in regards to those toys with the exception of Cliffjumper. The Hasbro version seems decent.

Zippo
10th October 2010, 06:33 PM
SEXY!!
I hope that pictures of the Japanese versions release soon. Have held off opening any Generations toys just incase United looks better

kaiden
11th October 2010, 03:25 AM
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/transformers-reveal-the-shield-turbo-tracks-pictorial-review-170718/