PDA

View Full Version : Lego 2011

Dkaris
23rd September 2010, 03:05 PM
Just saw some photos of the new sets coming out on another forum, the guys flickr got taken down though. But from what i saw:

new Atlantis sets, one with a huge fish with massive teeth like a piranha
some kind of adventurer egyptian style theme with flying mummies, a massive cobra snake, adventurers with an aeroplane, motorbike, a truck half track thing and what looked like a sphynx that was movable.
Also saw a photo of 2 new star wars sets, a clone trooper battle pack with 4 troopers and something similar to the speeder bike, and also a mandalorian battle pack with little minifigs that look like jango fett.

And finally, perhaps my favorite of the new stuff. a new theme of ninjas! called ninjago or something. looked pretty bad ass

Golden Phoenix
24th September 2010, 12:26 PM
Pictures from the retailer's catalog have been leaked.
Lego is usually aggressively fast when it comes to getting them removed from websites. Just do a search for them if your interested.

I don't know if I like the colour change for the Atlantis theme. I don't think it looks bad, its more of a question of why. Are they a different crew, or is it because they went through the portal to Atlantis

The Star Wars battle packs look interesting. The Clones look kinda meh, would have preferred a regular clone instead of the second orange one (bomb squad I think)
Good to see the Manalorians. Can see why they changed the Boba Fett helmet. Now it has more uses.

The Space theme looks good too. I like the look of the space shuttle.

Not sure about the Egyptian theme. Some sets look great, others not so much

Dkaris
24th September 2010, 02:42 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54191445@N03/ some pics

Zippo
24th September 2010, 08:15 PM
Sweet, new Police to get me pulled in already deeper than I should be

Lint
24th September 2010, 10:05 PM
I'm loving the Egyptian themed one! So much potential for great architecture or even re-creating the original Stargate

Ninjas are a welcome return too, however this seems to be a more child/gimmick orientated line. While i'm pleased that the skeletons are involved in this theme it still seems very odd as ninjas and skeletons are not what I would call traditional enemies.

I'm so going broke.

llamatron
25th September 2010, 01:15 AM
Egyptian stuff looks cool, Ninjas are a disappointment, too similar to crap like Exo-Farce.

Sharky
25th September 2010, 08:39 AM
the ninjas looks like it is a game......

series three mini figures.... build an army of apes!!

Sky Shadow
26th January 2011, 10:51 AM
Am I the only one who thinks it's bizarre that the Atlantis source material is written as if the treasure-hunting humans are the good guys and the sea creatures are "evil"?

(I think they're great sets though.)

Golden Phoenix
26th January 2011, 11:44 AM
Am I the only one who thinks it's bizarre that the Atlantis source material is written as if the treasure-hunting humans are the good guys and the sea creatures are "evil"?

(I think they're great sets though.)

I thought this as well.

I also thought it rather odd that the Space Police are all human and the Criminals are all Aliens

twincobra
8th February 2011, 09:09 PM
The lego pirates of the caribbean sets look stunning :)

Sam
8th February 2011, 09:25 PM
I thought this as well.

I also thought it rather odd that the Space Police are all human and the Criminals are all Aliens

Would that make the sets alien-ist? :)

I liked it better when it was Space Police I vs. the Black-suited Blacktrons.

Sky Shadow
8th February 2011, 09:58 PM
I thought this as well.

Also, the gun and dynamite-wielding, graverobbing humans are the heroes of Pharaoh's Quest, while the mummies whose tombs and jewels are being ransacked are 'evil' too.

Would that make the sets alien-ist? :)

There's certainly some kind of 'ism' going on, that's for sure. :)