PDA

View Full Version : bopo.com.au

autobreadticon
9th April 2008, 02:54 PM
An alternative to bank deposits and paypal, it is a prepaid visa card.basically a prepaid debit card. It is a good alternative to getting a credit card.

i dont want to provide incorrect information so check the website out. One of the best features is the option to transfer funds between cards using sms mobile.

liegeprime
9th April 2008, 06:13 PM
Neat info Autobreadticon. A very good option to use and have. Another option to pay via card is you can apply for a Visa/mastercard card with your bank using your bank account as the amount limit the card has... sort of a debit card which is also your credit card. Since your limit in the card is the amount of money in your savings account it proves also a deterrent from over spending heheheh.This is what I use now with St George ( thanks to dirge). So far its been quite useful in purchasing from BBTS.

Tetsuwan Convoy
10th April 2008, 02:44 PM
Most banks have a debit card set-up now. I have one with home banking/bank of queensland/statewest ( I forget their official title now....) and use it as a completely seperate account from all my others.

That way if any nasty person gets their grubby hands on my card info any loss to me is minimal as I only put in what I need to pay for online transactions. It can't go over the amount of money I put in it and all is good. :)

Kyle
18th July 2008, 09:50 AM
Bad news:

http://www.bopo.com.au

http://www.cuscal.com.au/media-press-releases-BOPOsafe.html

Pulse
18th July 2008, 11:01 AM
Oy, :rolleyes:

Bread, I hope you haven't signed up already...

Kyle
18th July 2008, 12:08 PM
Oy, :rolleyes:

Bread, I hope you haven't signed up already...

I did... :o

I did manage to use it to preorder a big Lego set from lego.com, which was what I got the card for. So am not too upset. :p

autobreadticon
18th July 2008, 12:32 PM
Holy crap , Bill express down the toilet... :(

i am glad every1 was aware of this, cause i was in the dark.

Debit cards are starting to become the norm at most banks, welfare Bopo we had some great years together

Pulse
18th July 2008, 02:36 PM
Kyle & Bread, I hope you didn't have many funds in your accounts at the time as we've all seen previously in the news - things never turn out good when administrators get called in... :(

Kyle
19th July 2008, 01:27 PM
Kyle & Bread, I hope you didn't have many funds in your accounts at the time as we've all seen previously in the news - things never turn out good when administrators get called in... :(

Don't worry. I only put in $305 to buy a $300 Lego set from Lego.com (with free shipping). Now I have about $3 left and can't get it out. :D