PDA

View Full Version : Custom Leader-1

snaketales
27th September 2010, 07:01 PM
As mentioned in an earlier post, I used a ROTF Jetblade for the body and the Leader-1 head from the Starscream coronation set.
I used that body to set Leader-1 apart from the Classics, given how many of the seeker molds there already are. Plus for me it was more close to the "feel" of Leader-1 (eg wings on legs, engines for feet)
I left the red to act as highlights on his torso.
Transformation is unchanged, although I had to trim the back half of the head for it to fit.

Sorry for the fuzzy pics: the family camera does not have a macro function.

Hursticon
27th September 2010, 07:08 PM
That looks pretty cool Snaketales, a pretty damn good job. :D
Are you gonna paint it? also, what to you mean by: "Leader-1 head from the Starscream coronation set"?

snaketales
27th September 2010, 07:19 PM
For some reason the Starscream coronation set included a Leader-1 head.

There's some reviews of the set on Youtube, including this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2Wqqi66QJs

Most versions I have seen have put it on a Seekers body.

EDIT: and I have painted it! The blue trim is now black (that might not have been visible from the pics), the serial number on the nose and Decepticon symbols have been sanded off and the chest and shoulder pads have been re-painted.

GoktimusPrime
27th September 2010, 07:38 PM
that's actually pretty cool! I'd buy it if Hasbro made this as a retool/repaint. :) So Leader-1 also survived the destruction of the Gobots' universe eh... :p

Hursticon
28th September 2010, 03:49 AM
For some reason the Starscream coronation set included a Leader-1 head.

There's some reviews of the set on Youtube, including this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2Wqqi66QJs

Most versions I have seen have put it on a Seekers body.

EDIT: and I have painted it! The blue trim is now black (that might not have been visible from the pics), the serial number on the nose and Decepticon symbols have been sanded off and the chest and shoulder pads have been re-painted.

Ah!

I'm actually looking to acquire an MP Starscream Coronation set, hence why I was surprised to see in your post that it came with the head of Leader-1 as it's seems like quite an odd thing to include? :)

I do beg my pardon, I'm not terribly familiar with the figure/mold that you used for the body so was unaware that you had indeed painted it.

I guess I'm so used to Leader-1's original figure being straight white and silver, that the extra paint apps that you've applied to accent certain areas caused me to think that this custom was still a work in progress. :p

Upon further review of your pictures, with a better understanding of what you've done, I'm able to appreciate it all the more because now I can see it in a different light: "What if Gobotron's death caused such a rift in space/time that a couple of the Gobots, notably Guardian Leader-1, survived the passage into the universe of the Transformers?, hence, his body reflecting this new plane of existence?". :D

How about giving us a new Renegade Cy-Kill? :cool:

GoktimusPrime
28th September 2010, 09:19 AM
I do beg my pardon, I'm not terribly familiar with the figure/mold that you used for the body so was unaware that you had indeed painted it.
It's ROTF Dirge/Jetblade. Judging from the colour of the window I'd say it was originally Jetblade (that and Jetblade's an easy to find pegwarmer =))

iceburn
28th September 2010, 10:24 AM
Ah!

I'm actually looking to acquire an MP Starscream Coronation set, hence why I was surprised to see in your post that it came with the head of Leader-1 as it's seems like quite an odd thing to include? :)

I guess I'm so used to Leader-1's original figure being straight white and silver, that the extra paint apps that you've applied to accent certain areas caused me to think that this custom was still a work in progress. :p

Upon further review of your pictures, with a better understanding of what you've done, I'm able to appreciate it all the more because now I can see it in a different light: "What if Gobotron's death caused such a rift in space/time that a couple of the Gobots, notably Guardian Leader-1, survived the passage into the universe of the Transformers?, hence, his body reflecting this new plane of existence?". :D

How about giving us a new Renegade Cy-Kill? :cool:

Hurst.. it's not the MP Coronation set but the deluxe coronation set for Starscream. I've still got 2 but without the wing's mod in my sales thread if you are interested.

i believe snakes bought it off me

Hursticon
28th September 2010, 02:06 PM
It's ROTF Dirge/Jetblade. Judging from the colour of the window I'd say it was originally Jetblade (that and Jetblade's an easy to find pegwarmer =))

Ah!

Well, I doubt I'll be picking up the mold as I'm more or less done with the Bay-verse Movie figures, might consider Leader Starscream though, but thank you for pointing out which figure it is. :D

Funny you should mention that it's a peg warmer Goki, as I'm pretty sure there is one from both ROTF and AA sitting at my local Big W. :p

Hurst.. it's not the MP Coronation set but the deluxe coronation set for Starscream. I've still got 2 but without the wing's mod in my sales thread if you are interested.

Thank you very much for the offer Icy, but it's the MP set I'm after as I'm more or less happy with Classics Starscream - I think the MP figure looks better IMO with the Coronation set than the Deluxe. :)

snaketales
28th September 2010, 03:58 PM

Indeed I did! Just took me a while to open it...:o

No problem Hursticon: thanks for your comments!