PDA

View Full Version : IDW's Ongoing comic plans for the next 12 months

griffin
28th September 2010, 01:14 PM
From the IDW boards (http://forum.idwpublishing.com/viewtopic.php?p=205158&sid=70141a3cea9a7a1336e13679debc650b#205158), comes some details on the next year of the Ongoing comic from writer Mike Costa.
As expected, the next issue (#12) rounds out the current story arc...

the next issue ends this current arc, "International Incident." But that arc is only four issues - both issue 7 and 8 are meant to be stand-alones (even though they will obviously be collected in the trade.)

Issue 13 is another stand-alone, then issue 14 starts off the five-issue arc entitled "Revenge of the Decepticons." After that, there will be a three-issue story called "Space Opera" (I don't really consider it an "arc," just a story with two acts and an epilogue) followed by a pretty major three-issue arc with a title I won't reveal, then another standalone, then... well, that's far enough for now.

To make it look easier,
#1-6 First story arc 'For All Mankind' - first TPB
-
#7-8 (stand alone stories, collected in second TPB)
#9-12 Second story arc 'International Incident'
-
#13 (stand alone story, collected in third TPB)
#14-18 five-part story arc 'Revenge of the Decepticons'
-
#19-21 'Space Opera' (two part story and epilogue)
#22-24 (three part story)
-
#25 (stand alone story)

Sharky
28th September 2010, 01:30 PM
you know it is nothing really to get excited about....

i hope the space opera sees galvatron and co return....

i_amtrunks
28th September 2010, 02:42 PM
you know it is nothing really to get excited about....

i hope the space opera sees galvatron and co return....

Agreed.

My first thought concerning Space Opera was Blaster, Sky Lynx and kids in Space (ala Marvel days :p).
I think a Starscream based arc would tie in well with Space Opera (playing off soap opera)