PDA

View Full Version : MOTUC King Greyskull

kup
30th September 2010, 10:22 PM
I have read about a new King Greyskull redeco coming out.

Is this the same mold as the one that came in the 'Castle Grayskull' box with electronics?

If it is the same mold, what are they trying to represent with the redeco? I thought that there were already 3 re-decos of that toy (normal, statue & spirit) which were 'secret' variants of the original release.

Tallestblue
30th September 2010, 10:35 PM
Perhaps a proper 200x Version with 200x weapons?

Sky Shadow
1st October 2010, 08:46 AM
It's the same mould. The spirit version doesn't really count as a regular recolour any more than we'd consider a Lucky Draw Transformer to be one, and the other two versions came out at the same time and were like Japanese Micromasters with a blind-packed chase figure. So the toy's really only been released once, at the very beginning of the line, in more limited numbers than the other MOTUC toys. So the new version is recoloured to signify that it's not the original limited SDCC Exclusive, but it's not hugely different - he just looks like he's a Spartan on a ski trip. :p (And he also comes with his very own bowling ball.)

Robzy
1st October 2010, 11:32 AM
Yeah, I think there were only 2 figures (of one of those King Grayskull versions) ever made in the whole whole... I think one is actually owned by a guy here in Adelaide. Raider knows him (I think).

As for the regular release, Sky Shadow's right. It was so hard to get and available before the line really started. Plus, they didn't sell him to international customers, so anyone outside the US had to fork out ridiculous $$$ on evilbay.

Can't wait to get mine now... :D

kup
1st October 2010, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the info guys, I think that I may actually go for it when the toy comes out.

Too bad the first release is so unattainable. I totally loved that Castle Grayskull box.

Do you guys know where is the best place to get it from and how much it should be?

Robzy
1st October 2010, 09:37 PM
Yeah, that castle packaging is awesome... but alas we'll never seen a re-release (according to Mattel).

King Grayskull will be US $20 and is only available on Mattycollector (http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplaySubCategoryProductListPage/categoryID.12422000) in Nov (and Scalp-bay afterwards :D)

kup
1st October 2010, 10:23 PM
Yeah, that castle packaging is awesome... but alas we'll never seen a re-release (according to Mattel).

King Grayskull will be US $20 and is only available on Mattycollector (http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplaySubCategoryProductListPage/categoryID.12422000) in Nov (and Scalp-bay afterwards :D)

How is Mattycollector with international shipping? I hope that they are not like the TF club.

Also can you pre-order from them? I can only see the original King Grayskull in their showcase section. Sorry for all the questions, I am pretty noobish when it comes to MOTU collecting.

Gutsman Heavy
1st October 2010, 10:31 PM
Matty is great with int shipping, cheap and fast!

Robzy
2nd October 2010, 11:48 AM
How is Mattycollector with international shipping? I hope that they are not like the TF club.

Also can you pre-order from them? I can only see the original King Grayskull in their showcase section. Sorry for all the questions, I am pretty noobish when it comes to MOTU collecting.

No probs mate :)

Shipping is not too bad to Oz... not the best, but it's not outrageous. For 1 figure, it's probably around $10 US or thereabouts.

As for pre-order... that's not an option at all. Their Nov figures haven't been added to their site yet, but they will soon. The only way to get them is to log on at 12pm (ET) in the US (which is about 1:30/2am-ish our time) and try to battle the dreaded RSOD (Red Screen of Death!!).. which is not fun at all. If you've never ordered on Matty on a sale day, prepare for an experience like no other... one that may end with gut-wrenching disappointment if the figure sells out in under 2 minutes!

kup
2nd October 2010, 09:52 PM
No probs mate :)

Shipping is not too bad to Oz... not the best, but it's not outrageous. For 1 figure, it's probably around $10 US or thereabouts.

As for pre-order... that's not an option at all. Their Nov figures haven't been added to their site yet, but they will soon. The only way to get them is to log on at 12pm (ET) in the US (which is about 1:30/2am-ish our time) and try to battle the dreaded RSOD (Red Screen of Death!!).. which is not fun at all. If you've never ordered on Matty on a sale day, prepare for an experience like no other... one that may end with gut-wrenching disappointment if the figure sells out in under 2 minutes!

Thanks for the information and the tips. It may be a good idea to post release dates for upcoming figures in this section so that local fans have a chance to get something.

I have heard about the mad rush from a guy in another site. I was hoping it was just the guy bashing Mattel (he is the Hasbro indoctrinated type).

Robzy
3rd October 2010, 11:37 PM
It may be a good idea to post release dates for upcoming figures in this section so that local fans have a chance to get something.

There's a thread here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8068). As for the exact release date, it's usually the 15th of every month. Sometimes it's a different date (eg 16th) if it's a holiday or a weekend. The official Nov release date hasn't been announced yet afaik but I'm sure Matty will put it up on their site soon.

I have heard about the mad rush from a guy in another site. I was hoping it was just the guy bashing Mattel (he is the Hasbro indoctrinated type).
It's all true!

kup
6th October 2010, 01:29 PM
Ebay pre-sales have begun.

Here are some nice pics too:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/KING-GRAYSKULL-Redeco-He-Man-MOTU-Classics-MOC-Pre-Sale-/200520004025?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eafec71b9#ht_1006wt_1137

Would Mattycollector be cheaper than this guy?

Gutsman Heavy
6th October 2010, 05:45 PM
yes, $30US approx for the fig and post.

Sky Shadow
6th October 2010, 07:20 PM
Ebay pre-sales have begun.

Here are some nice pics too:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/KING-GRAYSKULL-Redeco-He-Man-MOTU-Classics-MOC-Pre-Sale-/200520004025?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eafec71b9#ht_1006wt_1137

Would Mattycollector be cheaper than this guy?

Heaps cheaper. Like... the-entire-price-of-the-toy-before-postage cheaper. If you get up at a stupid hour in the morning or have a subscription, you should only have to pay $29.95 shipped.

kup
6th October 2010, 10:41 PM
Thanks guys.

Mattycollector seems to be very friendly to overseas fans when it comes to shipping and pricing.

Also to buy a figure from them, do I need to join their club?

Sky Shadow
7th October 2010, 08:26 AM
Thanks guys.

Mattycollector seems to be very friendly to overseas fans when it comes to shipping and pricing.

Also to buy a figure from them, do I need to join their club?

No, although it would help to create an account beforehand - you'll be dealing with enough technical problems and Matty screens of death at 3:00 in the morning without having to try to enter credit card and address details as well as order the toy.

gekisou
7th October 2010, 01:16 PM
Matty is great with int shipping, cheap and fast!

I agree with the cheap. About USD7 per fig but it takes FOREVER to get to me. usually a month cos it goes to either Germany or NZ first. Why? I don't know!!!

kup
7th October 2010, 01:30 PM
No, although it would help to create an account beforehand - you'll be dealing with enough technical problems and Matty screens of death at 3:00 in the morning without having to try to enter credit card and address details as well as order the toy.

I have been looking at their website and I can't find anywhere to make an account, all I could do was sign up for the news letter.

I know that there is an account as it's mentioned in the FAQ but see no place create one. Do I need to do it through their Forum board?

Sky Shadow
7th October 2010, 01:38 PM
I have been looking at their website and I can't find anywhere to make an account, all I could do was sign up for the news letter.

I know that there is an account as it's mentioned in the FAQ but see no place create one. Do I need to do it through their Forum board?

Hmm... I can't remember since it's been nearly two years since I first bought something from Matty. It's possible that you have to make your first order before it will remember your details for next time. In which case, type quickly and accurately, and good luck! :)

kup
7th October 2010, 02:06 PM
Hmm... I can't remember since it's been nearly two years since I first bought something from Matty. It's possible that you have to make your first order before it will remember your details for next time. In which case, type quickly and accurately, and good luck! :)

Yeah you do need to carry forth an order to join. The good news is that you do not need to complete it in order to sign up. I tried to do it with just a cheapo figure stand (in case it went wrong) and it took me through the process, half way through it gave me the chance to put in my details to join. When the credit card information appeared, I aborted but it kept my sign in details.

It has now retained my customer details so that I don't have to input them again when making the real order. I can see them in my profile when I log in.

Now when King Grayskull comes out on November 15, 2010, can I reserve a figure now or do I have to battle it out on the day? :) If the latter is the case, at what time on the release date do figures become available?

gekisou
7th October 2010, 02:16 PM
Sadly, you will have to battle it out on the day. Don't worry, I'll probably be battling side-by-side with ya. LOL

kup
29th October 2010, 03:39 PM
Since the new King Grayskull is due to be 'mass' released, what are the chances that a new remolded Battle Lion would be released shortly after?

Sky Shadow
29th October 2010, 05:17 PM
Since the new King Grayskull is due to be 'mass' released, what are the chances that a new remolded Battle Lion would be released shortly after?

Hey Kup - if by 'shortly after' you mean 'in the next year', the chances of you getting a Battle Lion are not good. In 2011 there will only be four large 'beasts' released, One is the Shadow Beast in January, one is Panthor in April, and one of the other two is Royal Swift Wind, which leaves only one release in the whole of 2011 that could potentially be Battle Lion. (And it would be in July or October - whichever one isn't Swifty.)

kup
29th October 2010, 05:44 PM
Hey Kup - if by 'shortly after' you mean 'in the next year', the chances of you getting a Battle Lion are not good. In 2011 there will only be four large 'beasts' released, One is the Shadow Beast in January, one is Panthor in April, and one of the other two is Royal Swift Wind, which leaves only one release in the whole of 2011 that could potentially be Battle Lion. (And it would be in July or October - whichever one isn't Swifty.)

Looks like I may be better off sourcing the Classics Battlecat.

Sky Shadow
29th October 2010, 05:48 PM
Looks like I may be better off sourcing the Classics Battlecat.

Indeed (and I think Battle Cat is being rereleased later this year). And actually, now I think about it, the other Quarterly large figure for 2011 is supposed to be a two-pack (and thus not Battle Lion), so unless the lineup changes, the earliest he could be expected is in 2012.

kup
29th October 2010, 05:58 PM
Battle Cat is being re-released? That's awesome!

Today I was hovering on an ebay auction debating if I should buy one or not. I guess that's not necessary now :)

Thanks for the Info.

kurdt_the_goat
31st October 2010, 09:26 PM
I'm also gonna try and brave this website for the He-Man reissue at the end of the month. Kup, are you sure it wasn't just your browser that saved some details? For me, it only saved my billing, not shipping address, so i went to FAQ > My Address Information and saved another one, to easily select during checkout. Also from FAQ, you can click My Payment Information and save your card details, leaving only the security code to enter during checkout.

gekisou
31st October 2010, 09:30 PM
Battle Cat is being re-released? That's awesome!

Today I was hovering on an ebay auction debating if I should buy one or not. I guess that's not necessary now :)

Thanks for the Info.

Battle Cat is awesome. I was lucky enough to get him when he first came out so I didn't have to buy off eBay. It should get re-released next year so hopefully you can get one cos personally, I think anyone who is a fan of MOTUC or MOTU in general should have that Battle Cat.

kurdt_the_goat
31st October 2010, 09:55 PM
Battle Cat's due at the end of this month along with the He-Man and Skeletor reissues! I'm sure i'll regret it later, but a slew of new-house related purchases means i'm trying to be a good boy by just sticking with He-Man for now. (Skeletor's in the mail from BBTS .. bought him before i noticed the reissue release :o)

kup
31st October 2010, 11:02 PM
I'm also gonna try and brave this website for the He-Man reissue at the end of the month. Kup, are you sure it wasn't just your browser that saved some details? For me, it only saved my billing, not shipping address, so i went to FAQ > My Address Information and saved another one, to easily select during checkout. Also from FAQ, you can click My Payment Information and save your card details, leaving only the security code to enter during checkout.

I have tested this and it has certainly saved my shipping address information, name, DOB and other details.

The form populates the moment I login so I am all set.

gekisou
1st November 2010, 08:45 AM
Kup is correct. Once you have made an order with MattyCollector prior, it saves all your information under your login and when you make another order with that login, it brings up all your previous saved info.

kup
1st November 2010, 09:37 AM
I haven't made an order yet ;)

I went through the ordering process and aborted in the last minute just before making payment but went far enough in the process to create my account.

Now I have a Mattycollector account ready for my first purchase which will hopefully give me some advantage when the battle begins.

gekisou
1st November 2010, 10:14 AM
I hate to say it but no, there is no advantage. In fact, it could be worse. I once made an order for Skeletor and put down 2 figs (one for me and one for a mate in Singapore) and went to the 'confirm' page and by then, the two had been sold out. Thank goodness for the reissue.

But yeah, if you don't know by now, Digital Rivers have a crap server so be prepared to be frustrated but don't give up. Just hang in there... and don't click on the refresh button, no matter what happens!!!

kup
1st November 2010, 10:54 AM
I hate to say it but no, there is no advantage. In fact, it could be worse. I once made an order for Skeletor and put down 2 figs (one for me and one for a mate in Singapore) and went to the 'confirm' page and by then, the two had been sold out. Thank goodness for the reissue.

But yeah, if you don't know by now, Digital Rivers have a crap server so be prepared to be frustrated but don't give up. Just hang in there... and don't click on the refresh button, no matter what happens!!!

Thanks for the advise but I do think that not having to enter my personal and shipping details during the actual buy will save me some time and increase my chances. However given how this works, you are right, there is absolutely no guarantee that one can score a figure as I hear that they sell out within the first 20 minutes of release.

gekisou
1st November 2010, 11:10 AM
I reckon we should team-up on this. I'll order two and so should you. And if I succeed, and if you don't make it in time, I'll sell the extra to you. And you can do the same for me. How about that? I mean, if you are talking about King Greyskull of course. :)

kup
1st November 2010, 11:52 AM
I reckon we should team-up on this. I'll order two and so should you. And if I succeed, and if you don't make it in time, I'll sell the extra to you. And you can do the same for me. How about that? I mean, if you are talking about King Greyskull of course. :)

Yea I was considering getting doubles just in case but what if we both succeed and end up with four? Would anyone locally want the extras?

gekisou
1st November 2010, 12:02 PM
what if we both succeed and end up with four?

Ebay?

kup
1st November 2010, 01:01 PM
Ebay?

I have never sold anything on Ebay but I guess someone somewhere in AU would want a King Grayskull at a reasonable none ebay price. It's worth the risk and missing out would be more expensive.

gekisou
1st November 2010, 03:30 PM
Agreed. So we order two per person to help each other out?

kup
1st November 2010, 04:24 PM
Agreed. So we order two per person to help each other out?

Yeah I'll aim for 2. Hopefully there are no restrictions as what's stopping a scalper from getting 10.

In the event that we both manage to get 2 figures each. We'll just have to sell the 2nd off to someone unless any one of us decides to keep the double.

kurdt_the_goat
4th November 2010, 05:58 PM
Awesome preview of this fig here (http://thefwoosh.com/2010/11/first-look-masters-of-the-universe-classics-king-grayskull)

http://i51.tinypic.com/imsdpl.jpg

kup
4th November 2010, 06:19 PM
I personally prefer the colors of the original release but this still looks very good and overall there are considerable improvements such as the eyes.

kup
13th November 2010, 12:36 PM
The day of battle is almost upon us!

I just got my Mattycollector E-mail announcing the time King Grayskull, Grizzlor, the weapons pack and Peter Venkman will go on sale.

It's 15/11/10 at 9am PST which by my calculations is 16th of November at 4am Sydney time. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Ryathalas
13th November 2010, 01:02 PM
Yep there's a Mad Monday sale,with re-releases of Battlecat,heman,skeletor as well as Ghostbuster 12inch and a few other 6inch Ghostbusters and other Dc universe figures,The problem being waking up at 3am to get online only to have these figures taken out of your cart when you go to pay for them.This really sucks and mainly is the reason that I like to tell Mattel to Go F&^k themselves.I try everytime and the same thing happens they say they care but the couldnt give a rats,Poor customer service.Oh Mattel!!!!

Ryathalas
13th November 2010, 01:04 PM
Oh no King Grayskulls been smoking weed again like the original release of heman??? The redness of the eyes LOL

Awesome preview of this fig here (http://thefwoosh.com/2010/11/first-look-masters-of-the-universe-classics-king-grayskull)

http://i51.tinypic.com/imsdpl.jpg

kup
13th November 2010, 05:27 PM
Yep there's a Mad Monday sale,with re-releases of Battlecat,heman,skeletor as well as Ghostbuster 12inch and a few other 6inch Ghostbusters and other Dc universe figures,The problem being waking up at 3am to get online only to have these figures taken out of your cart when you go to pay for them.This really sucks and mainly is the reason that I like to tell Mattel to Go F&^k themselves.I try everytime and the same thing happens they say they care but the couldnt give a rats,Poor customer service.Oh Mattel!!!!

What? I know those figures are being re-released but where are you getting the information that is happening this Monday?

kurdt_the_goat
13th November 2010, 10:00 PM
I think he means a Monday, not this Monday.. .Monday November 29th at 9 AM PT to be exact!

Ryathalas
13th November 2010, 10:25 PM
I think he means a Monday, not this Monday.. .Monday November 29th at 9 AM PT to be exact!

Yea sorry this is the one

kup
13th November 2010, 11:30 PM

Ah you mean Cyber Monday.

So Battle Cat, Skeletor and He-Man are being re-released on this date?

kurdt_the_goat
14th November 2010, 03:09 AM
Correct! Those MOTUC items plus others are all listed on the Matty Collector news page now (http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.News) - they were doing a slow reveal.

kup
14th November 2010, 04:56 PM
Correct! Those MOTUC items plus others are all listed on the Matty Collector news page now (http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.News) - they were doing a slow reveal.

I know I want Battle Cat but I am not sure if I want MOTUC He-Man and Skeletor...decisions, decisions.

kurdt_the_goat
14th November 2010, 06:43 PM
Not that i need more competition while trying to order my He-Man, but i have to advise you to pick up at least a Skeletor, he's awesome :)

http://i56.tinypic.com/2lllnir.jpg

kup
14th November 2010, 08:21 PM
Yeah but my main issue with MOTUC is that the toys are too stylized like the original toys, they look too goofy for me.

However I could change my mind when I do see one in person.

kurdt_the_goat
15th November 2010, 12:02 AM
Yeah, i can certainly see where you're coming from. For me - i never had any He-man figs as a kid, only my mates. As such i had a poor memory of what the original toys looked like until recently.
When i saw these classics for the first time, they matched up with my memories so closely! Then, i looked up the original figures and the overall difference is huge, but the new figs manage to give a flawless nostalgic feel; a bit like the modern updates to G1 toys.

kup
15th November 2010, 12:21 AM
Yeah, i can certainly see where you're coming from. For me - i never had any He-man figs as a kid, only my mates. As such i had a poor memory of what the original toys looked like until recently.
When i saw these classics for the first time, they matched up with my memories so closely! Then, i looked up the original figures and the overall difference is huge, but the new figs manage to give a flawless nostalgic feel; a bit like the modern updates to G1 toys.

I had several figures when I was a kid but the way the toys were stylized when compared to the character models always bothered me somewhat. Strangely enough there are much bigger differences between TF G1 toys and their character models but it never bothered me as much as with MOTU.

This is why I love the 200x line. They are clearly and identifiable as the same characters but sculpted in a much more detailed and realistic form. For me, this feels much better as an evolution of the character designs and I really enjoy them for that.

MOTUC seems way too much of a throwback to the style of the orginal toys which means a much simpler and cartoony 'kid's toy' type of look which I am not digging as a modern figure. A prime exaple of this is King Randor, the MOTUC figure is too goofy looking like the original toy, he almost looks like the Burger King which is a massive contrast to the awesome looking MOTU 200x design.

However I am grateful that the MOTUC line has allowed for cool characters to appear in toy form like Count Marzo, Chief Carnivus and others.

kurdt_the_goat
16th November 2010, 03:52 AM
10 mins! Going for King Grayskull plus a weapons pack. Only want the Trap Jaw pieces i think, so rest probably for sale later if anyone's interested :)

Edit:
Huzzah! Success! That wasn't so bad ... one WSOD on my first reload @9am PST. Another going to payment options. Both lasted about 2 minutes and then it continued, and now i have a confirmation email!! Hope it's this easy for Cyber Monday (and for everyone else today too!)

gekisou
16th November 2010, 04:18 AM
SUCCESS!!! I have now ordered 2 King Greyskulls. Update me on your status KUP!

kup
16th November 2010, 04:23 AM
SUCCESS!!! I have now ordered 2 King Greyskulls. Update me on your status KUP!

Same here! lol

Congratulations. It was touch and go as I was in the waiting screen for like 15 minutes before I could complete my order.

gekisou
16th November 2010, 04:25 AM
LOL Same here. I was on the site 10 minutes prior and for 20 odd minutes, it kept refreshing.
I guess I will sell my extra here if anyone wants it. It usually takes about a month to get to me...

kup
16th November 2010, 04:26 AM
LOL Same here. I was on the site 10 minutes prior and for 20 odd minutes, it kept refreshing.
I guess I will sell my extra here if anyone wants it. It usually takes about a month to get to me...

It may be the same with me, I am not sure of shipping times to Sydney from Matty.

Shopping at Mattycollector for the first time was a nerve wrecking suspenseful experience. I was sure that I had missed out when I was 15 minutes in the waiting screen with no sign of breaking free. Thankfully that wasn't the case and I know what to expect next time.

kurdt_the_goat
16th November 2010, 04:32 AM
Reading the success/failure stories on he-man.org... man some of those ppl have 5 browsers open and are constantly refreshing manually.. it's no wonder the site can't take it!

They certainly have an interesting way of handling the load anyway. I would have thought just packing their server to the brim with more processor power and memory would solve half these ordering problems (it does for the servers used by my work).

Sky Shadow
16th November 2010, 04:33 AM
It may be the same with me, I am not sure of shipping times to Sydney from Matty.

Shopping at Mattycollector for the first time was your a nerve wrecking suspenseful experience. I was sure that I had missed out when I was 15 minutes in the waiting screen with no sign of breaking free.

It's usually a bit less than a month. And Kup, now you know what everyone was on about. Hopefully today was my second last time of having to put up with the white screen of death - the Royal Guards are allegedly the final non-subscription toys, then I just can sit back and allow Matty to do all the work next year.

kup
16th November 2010, 04:38 AM
Reading the success/failure stories on he-man.org... man some of those ppl have 5 browsers open and are constantly refreshing manually.. it's no wonder the site can't take it!

They certainly have an interesting way of handling the load anyway. I would have thought just packing their server to the brim with more processor power and memory would solve half these ordering problems (it does for the servers used by my work).

I think the site server is just an old 486 in Matty's basement.

Opening 5 browsers does nothing if they are running from the same connection. The site is grabbing you by the IP address. Each of the computers need to be on a separate connection. I had my PC on my home internet and the smartphone on mobile internet just so that I could have a bit of an edge. It's crazy that a massive corporate body like Mattel has such a crappy server.

It's usually a bit less than a month. And Kup, now you know what everyone was on about. Hopefully today was my second last time of having to put up with the white screen of death - the Royal Guards are allegedly the final non-subscription toys, then I just can sit back and allow Matty to do all the work next year.

Yeah I now know. Unfortunately I am not all that interested in too many figures to have a subscription so I will need to continue battling like this. I understand now why someone said in the He-Man.org chat that its more like a siege than a battle. You have to break through Matty's walls!

kurdt_the_goat
16th November 2010, 04:49 AM
Opening 5 browsers does nothing if they are running from the same connection. The site is grabbing you by the IP address. Each of the computers need to be on a separate connection. I had my PC on my home internet and the smartphone on mobile internet just so that I could have a bit of an edge. It's crazy that a massive corporate body like Mattel has such a crappy server.

I'm no tech expert (just a lowly designer :)) but i think you're wrong... I'll ask my netnerd friends tomorrow. Each time you reload, you're sending a request from each browser and their server will try and deal with each and every one. There's one guy on there with multiple computers each loaded up with multiple browsers!

Netcraft (http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?site=mattycollector.com) has some details of their server actually... Windows Server 2003 with IIS6, so it's a bit old software wise but they also have Citrix Netscaler which appears to be some load balancing equipment or software.

kup
16th November 2010, 04:54 AM
I'm no tech expert (just a lowly designer :)) but i think you're wrong... I'll ask my netnerd friends tomorrow. Each time you reload, you're sending a request from each browser and their server will try and deal with each and every one. There's one guy on there with multiple computers each loaded up with multiple browsers!

Netcraft (http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?site=mattycollector.com) has some details of their server actually... Windows Server 2003 with IIS6, so it's a bit old software wise but they also have Citrix Netscaler which appears to be some load balancing equipment or software.

Regardless, it's crazy how they have solid proof of such a huge demand and yet they don't expand their operations to accommodate it. At least they are acknowledging the existence of a sustainable collector market so that deserves some credit.

kurdt_the_goat
16th November 2010, 04:56 AM
Yeah agreed. Incredibly lame for the largest toy company in the world!

kup
16th November 2010, 05:24 AM
It's been almost 1 hour and 30 minutes and they still have figures available. Maybe they did the smart thing and increased production numbers.

kurdt_the_goat
16th November 2010, 05:46 AM
annnnnnd Grizzlor's gone!

kup
16th November 2010, 10:24 AM
King Grayskull and the weapons pack is still available but almost gone.

Funny, I figured that King Grayskull would sell out first.

gekisou
16th November 2010, 10:34 AM

Agreed. If I had known, I would have slept a few more hours. :p
Ah well, at least I know I have it now. :)

Sky Shadow
16th November 2010, 11:20 AM

Grizzlor is a first release of a 'vintage' character with hundreds of cartoon/comic appearances, and they had to fill orders for him for both subscriptions and people online. Grayskull is a redeco of a character with only about fifteen seconds of fame and Matty just had to fill orders for people who could be bothered to face the red screen of death (no subscriptions).

And he's not furry. :D

kup
16th November 2010, 11:25 AM
Grizzlor is a first release of a 'vintage' character with hundreds of cartoon/comic appearances, and they had to fill orders for him for both subscriptions and people online. Grayskull is a redeco of a character with only about fifteen seconds of fame and Matty just had to fill orders for people who could be bothered to face the red screen of death (no subscriptions).

And he's not furry. :D

I don't like that Grizzlor. As someone said in the He-Man.org chat, he looks like a furry potato.

I prefer the design of the 200x character. He is still furry but at least looks menacing rather than goofy.

I fear for Cyber-Monday. Seems that figures released on that day will have shorter production runs so I have to get ready for the WSOD and the possibility of missing out even though I was there on time.

kurdt_the_goat
16th November 2010, 12:31 PM
Opening 5 browsers does nothing if they are running from the same connection. The site is grabbing you by the IP address.

Confirmed with my mate that different browsers will result in whole new connections, so the best chance is to not flood it with requests. Th eother thing i don't get is why everyone on he-man.org was reporting WSOD before the start time! That shows a whole lot of people are trying to get onto the page too early. The best option is to load the bundle page well in advance, and then just after it starts, hit refresh once to get it going.

kup
16th November 2010, 01:04 PM
Confirmed with my mate that different browsers will result in whole new connections, so the best chance is to not flood it with requests. Th eother thing i don't get is why everyone on he-man.org was reporting WSOD before the start time! That shows a whole lot of people are trying to get onto the page too early. The best option is to load the bundle page well in advance, and then just after it starts, hit refresh once to get it going.

Odd, I imagined the site logging you by IP address not the browser. Anyhow, the WSOD was a complete surprise to me, I didn't expect it at all until I got it. I thought that the only challenge was to get to the end of the transaction before the figures sold out. When I first got the WSOD I thought the site had crashed but then I realized that if I left it alone, it would eventually get me in as otherwise I would be spamming it with the refresh key loosing my place in the queue each time.

It seems very random though. I was stuck on it for about 16 minutes while others who were also there from the start seem to have been on it for well over an hour.

Many people in Australia seems to have gotten in at the same time though.

BTW: King Grayskull is sold out

kurdt_the_goat
16th November 2010, 01:42 PM
They probably do have a log of the IPs that'd show all the multiples of the same IP. It'll always be a new request though because you can be logged in as different users in different browsers.

The instances of the auto-refresh never going away is probably per-user browser problems. Next time i'll have a look and see what method they're using to reload the page.

People getting through the WSOD in a seemingly random order is impossible to explain though.

Tallestblue
16th November 2010, 07:48 PM
Reading this and he-man.org does not inspire confidence. I just want to get battlecat on cyber monday. Fingers crossed.

kup
16th November 2010, 07:50 PM
Reading this and he-man.org does not inspire confidence. I just want to get battlecat on cyber monday. Fingers crossed.

I want to get Battle Cat too but I am not getting my hopes up just in case I miss out.

gekisou
17th November 2010, 10:35 AM
Battle Cat sold out in 10 minutes (if I remember correctly) and I was lucky to get two (gave one to a friend for his wedding gift :)) and all I can say is 'hang in there'. This Battle Cat is a re-release meaning there are heaps of people out there who already have him.
You have a better chance of getting him. So stay positive.

twincobra
17th November 2010, 08:09 PM
Battle Cat sold out in 10 minutes (if I remember correctly) and I was lucky to get two (gave one to a friend for his wedding gift :)) and all I can say is 'hang in there'. This Battle Cat is a re-release meaning there are heaps of people out there who already have him.
You have a better chance of getting him. So stay positive.

Im pretty sure it's not a re release but left over stock in the wearhouse for returns etc so stock will be extremely limited,i suspect him to sell out in seconds.

kup
17th November 2010, 08:11 PM
Im pretty sure it's not a re release but left over stock in the wearhouse for returns etc so stock will be extremely limited,i suspect him to sell out in seconds.

I have heard of this and that is why I am dreading the day.

kurdt_the_goat
1st December 2010, 01:16 AM
This figure is spectacular :)

http://australian-postcodes.com/grayskull-soundwave-snarl/P1070145.jpg

http://australian-postcodes.com/grayskull-soundwave-snarl/P1070148.jpg

http://australian-postcodes.com/grayskull-soundwave-snarl/P1070150.jpg

Note: forgive my Skeletor standing in for Hordak, who's currently en-route :D

gekisou
1st December 2010, 08:36 AM
You got this already?! That was fast!!!

kurdt_the_goat
1st December 2010, 12:11 PM
I know! 14 days with vanilla postage. Hoping that means i'll get He-Man & Battle Cat just as quick; I don't want to be worrying about missed packages while no one's at work over christmas!

Tallestblue
1st December 2010, 12:35 PM
Lol. Vanilla. I assume that's the cheap postage? the one that cost 15 bucks?

kup
1st December 2010, 01:08 PM
This figure is spectacular :)

Note: forgive my Skeletor standing in for Hordak, who's currently en-route :D

Awesome! In theory, everyone else who ordered that day should be getting it soon. How is the cape and the flocking?

kurdt_the_goat
1st December 2010, 01:25 PM
Cape is good, can be slightly tricky lining it up to fit in place though. Flocking is a nice effect too! I actually had a tiny bit of it on his hair which almost looked like a Something About Mary incident :D

Yeah the postage was the cheapest US $9.95 option

kup
2nd December 2010, 11:13 PM
As mentioned in the acquisitions thread I received D'Vann today and he is Awesome!

http://kupscigar.com/MOTU/kg/kg01.JPG

http://kupscigar.com/MOTU/kg/kg11.JPG

More pics Here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=9222&page=2)