PDA

View Full Version : Seller triples postage charge

snaketales
1st October 2010, 11:06 AM
Last week I asked a US seller for a postage quote for shipping the Frenzy/Rumble Shadow Warriors to Australia.

The answer was $10, which I thought was very good, so I put a watch on the item until I got paid the following week.

Last night I bought the item and this morning the invoice arrived - with shipping and handling $28. :eek:

I've sent an email to the seller saying I bought the item on the basis of the price listed in their earlier email and want that honoured.

Is there anything I can do if they don't?

I suspect that what has happened is the person who answered my initial question didn't see "to Australia", but that's not my problem is it?

Lint
1st October 2010, 11:30 AM
Unless the seller is willing to make a loss your only option is negative feedback.

First class or priority mail? $28 would be hefty for first class, I didn't think those guys were that big. You may be able to bump shipping down if you're willing to have them loose.

jaydisc
1st October 2010, 12:02 PM
What method of communication did you use? eBay messages? Do you still have his reply?

fatbot
1st October 2010, 01:04 PM
I reckon he's quoted first class shipping for $10, then realised he's not covered with paypal, so he's used priority mail on the invoice.

snaketales
1st October 2010, 02:18 PM
Yeah I had used Ebay messages and luckily had kept the reply (I'm kind of a hoarder like that). I sent that back to them asking what was going on.

Good news: a new invoice has come with the $10 charge

Bad news: the wife now knows about it. :eek:

Lint
1st October 2010, 02:42 PM
Bad news: the wife now knows about it. :eek:

You shoulda just forked out the extra 18 :p

Tallestblue
1st October 2010, 03:59 PM
Ahhh, the worst part of buying Transformers. The other half finding out!!:eek::eek::eek:

LordCyrusOmega
1st October 2010, 04:54 PM
Ahhh, the worst part of buying Transformers. The other half finding out!!:eek::eek::eek:

Thats true..Untill they start indulging your hobby which was fun until they got sucked into it as well. Now i routinely come home to find pieces missing from my collection because they took it home with them.

Back on topic though it seems ebay sellers will regularly change things or boost the prices. Thats why i've stopped using ebay as much.

gekisou
1st October 2010, 11:42 PM
i totally understand. My missus frowns on my TF collecting but I make it up like letting her collect novels and stuff... though her friends tell me she has plans to get rid of my stuff the millisecond she gets a chance...

Back on topic, I am surprised he quoted you ten dollars and then put down twenty-eight. Did he give an explanation why?

snaketales
2nd October 2010, 09:44 AM
Yes it seems it was an honest mistake. He had put down priority mail instead of first class. I'd like the figures but I don't need them in 2-3 days shipping; I can wait the 2-3 weeks for first class mail.