PDA

View Full Version : Reveal the Shield Battle in Space: Hot Rod Vs Cyclonus

FFN
2nd October 2010, 05:58 PM
Looks like the Asia-exclusive Universe Challenge Cybertron Rodimus and Cyclonus set is being released globally via the "Reveal the Shield" yellow packaging line. The figures themselves are modified by the inclusion of the new style rubsign.

Is that the Matrix from the G1 "New Years Convoy" reissue?

And yes, I believe that's our first glimpse at Reveal the Shield/Generations Kup

SharkyMcShark
2nd October 2010, 06:18 PM
Looks like the Asia-exclusive Universe Challenge Cybertron Rodimus and Cyclonus set is being released globally via the "Reveal the Shield" yellow packaging line.

And yes, I believe that's our first glimpse at Reveal the Shield/Generations Kup

Sexy

kaiden
2nd October 2010, 06:21 PM
Sexy

yeah they got rid of galvatron :P

Tallestblue
2nd October 2010, 07:05 PM
Does this mean Galvatron gets a separate release? Or another two pack?

GoktimusPrime
2nd October 2010, 08:03 PM
It certainly appears to be. :)

fatbot
2nd October 2010, 08:04 PM
Ahh, good, this makes easier for me to get roddy and repaint for the shadow scyther upgrade

spooniebeard
2nd October 2010, 08:16 PM
The thing I don't understand is that by making Rodimus' canopy painted they lose all the interior detail. The only reason I see for this release is Hasbro betting this will sell like hotcakes due to the protector set. Perfect timing too.

Makes me all the more thankful I got the classics though.

kaiden
2nd October 2010, 08:16 PM
Ahh, good, this makes easier for me to get roddy and repaint for the shadow scyther upgrade

i ordered the 3 pack from RK when i ordered Shadow Scyther. oh well.

Paulbot
2nd October 2010, 08:38 PM
This pack helps those like me that wanted the three pack but didn't want Galvatron. I'll take a Matrix and comic in place happily.

SharkyMcShark
2nd October 2010, 08:40 PM
I like the Animated/Classical mixed art look.

gekisou
2nd October 2010, 10:32 PM
Thank goodness I didn't buy the three pack while in Singapore a few weeks ago. This is definitely a better buy.

kup
2nd October 2010, 10:51 PM
A nice and thoughtful package. I how they are including the matrix even if it's an old mold.

jaydisc
2nd October 2010, 11:32 PM
Must. have. matrix.

Kup looks potentially Animated Sentinel Prime-ish. Cool by me.

Not sure how I feel about the rub signs until I see a clearer pic.

GoktimusPrime
3rd October 2010, 10:50 AM
In case anyone's not already aware, that Matrix accessory has some play features, which are:

+ Two holes that you can attach a necklace onto and sling around your neck or the neck of a toy (depending on how long the chain is).
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/thunderwing.jpg

+ Is designed to clip inside the chest of 1984 Optimus Prime. (image (http://toyprison.onmitsu.jp/My%20Pictures/convoy/DSC05978.JPG))

:)

Zippo
3rd October 2010, 11:37 AM
So, I am now going to have to collect Generations + Reveal the Shield characters that are Classic's/Universe/Henkei types. Man they certinally know how to make it hard to collect sub lines.

As for the actual toys - excellent and without the need to get Galvatron.
Glad I held off opening the spare 3 pack I brought while in Singapore.

Ordered these via BBTS just incase the local release is missing the comic or something similar.

MV75
3rd October 2010, 02:47 PM
The've done the switch. First rodimus looks better while this cyclonus looks, well, even blind freddy can see how much more kick arse this one looks.

As for galvatron..... maybe a unicron & galvatron pack. :)

LordCyrusOmega
3rd October 2010, 09:20 PM
Love it, Want it, Will have to wait to get it though

liegeprime
3rd October 2010, 11:32 PM
This pack helps those like me that wanted the three pack but didn't want Galvatron. I'll take a Matrix and comic in place happily.

+1. I love the Cyclonus repaint on this one. So much better! So when will this be released though in Australia? or will it be just for online stores again:(

Lordy
4th October 2010, 02:21 PM
Don't really like the paint job on Rodimus, much prefer the paint job on the Classics version.

GoktimusPrime
4th October 2010, 03:29 PM
I prefer the colours on the originals for both moulds really. These look too cartoony - but then I think that's the whole idea. I don't necessarily think these repaints are better, but they would appeal to people who prefer G1 cartoon colours. The more unified greys on Cyclonus looks better though, but apart from that he's rather bland looking.

gamblor916
4th October 2010, 06:15 PM
I'm definitely picking this set up. I can't find the expected release date for the set though?

5FDP
4th October 2010, 11:26 PM
I prefer the colours on the originals for both moulds really.

Agreed!

kup
4th October 2010, 11:59 PM
I prefer the colours on the originals for both moulds really.

I prefer the original colors too and that is why I will not be picking up this set. But for what it's trying to accomplish, I think it's decent, specially in this 2 pack when compared to the 3 pack.

Although Galvatron would have made more sense than Cyclonus but the latter is the much better toy :p

AussieJason
7th October 2010, 07:56 PM
Does this mean Galvatron gets a separate release? Or another two pack?

I'd like to know this as well, I'll happily get this but I'd like a Galvatron too.

Lord_Zed
8th October 2010, 01:11 PM
Cyclonus looks better in thie release, no more Hasbro Grey shoulders. Hot Rod is about the same. I might get it if it's not a Toys R Us exclusive.

jaydisc
8th October 2010, 06:43 PM
Cameras don't do this Cyclonus justice. The colors blend much better. He looks fantastic in person.

DarkHyren
10th October 2010, 07:14 PM
..... And meanwhile I just got the 3pack in the mail last week -_-
Maybe I shouldnt have bothered considering I'm looking into getting the RtS line anyways.
Ah well, you know what they say about hindsight.

I'm definitely picking this set up. I can't find the expected release date for the set though?Robotkingdom have this up for pre order already for (what I think is) a reasonable price, release date listed as "available December 2010" if that helps ;)

SkyWarp91
13th October 2010, 11:19 AM
Since this is apart of a new-line fingers-crossed it comes to Aussie retail cos I can't be bothered doing online orders!

Sky Shadow
13th October 2010, 07:33 PM
Since this is apart of a new-line fingers-crossed it comes to Aussie retail cos I can't be bothered doing online orders!

I was thinking today that with the Australian dollar as it is, unless the standard prices at Australian stores are dropped, there's little reason for any of us to buy new Transformers anywhere but online.